Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The best vampires?
Ozoneocean at 12:38AM, May 10, 2018
(online)
What are the best vampire stories in all media?

I'm talking webcomics, comics, books, movies, plays, radio plays, computer games, board games, whatever!

I think the vamps in Hellsing Ultimate are pretty damn good.
I always used to hate references to Hellsing because 1: I hadn't seen it 2: the fans were dorks, and 3: Alucard's costume was like a dumb versions of Vash the Stampede and Carmen San Deigo.
But it was gooooooood. REAL GOOD. The Ultimate version better than the first (I haven't seen the manga).

Charby the Vampirate and Daniel will always have a special place in my heart. They're the first vampire stories I really took the time to read instead of just brushing off as tired an old fashioned the way I used to do with Vampire stories. They both offered something cool and interesting in different ways.

Lost Boys will always be amazing.

Blood and Donuts was a late night TV find. It's about a cool Jim Morrison looking vampire who ends up in a late night diner with the other late night denizens… It's about people who don't belong and mortality.
Probably not as good as I remember but I'm going to watch it again because I just now found it on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTG790BsdcM&list=PL2B71B3D684E78A7D
last edited on May 10, 2018 3:09AM
Ozoneocean at 3:11AM, May 10, 2018
(online)
Blood and Donuts is actually better than I remember it :D
Beautifully Canadian too.
bravo1102 at 6:34AM, May 10, 2018
(offline)
I have a soft spot in my heart for the classic Hammer vampire especially Christopher Lee versus Peter Cushing. I actually prefer different versions of the original novel over most re-imagined undead living styles (unless it is wonderfully campy like Love at First Bite or Dracula: dead and loving it)

I grew up watching the Universal cycle and especially Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein. Sure I've seen all the niche movies and read Ann Rice and some create interesting characters who would work just as well as real-life vampires (non-undead who just love living by night and drinking blood. I even know one. He has fangs and is a super cool fuel truck driver by day).

I've been into the occult and monsters forever and collect monster movie books including tons of vampire ones. I'll watch Samson versus the Vampire Women:MST3K over Blood and Donuts. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJDkuBeV_QA )

And the one of the most boring movie I ever saw was Jess Franco's “classic” Vampire Lesbos. Though a must see is Ingrid Pitt in “Vampire Lovers”
last edited on May 10, 2018 6:37AM
fallopiancrusader at 8:46PM, May 10, 2018
(offline)
My favorite vampire-themed work was “Nosferatu”, filmed in 1922, by F.W. Murnau. A classic of German expressionist cinema.
bravo1102 at 5:18AM, May 11, 2018
(offline)
fallopiancrusader wrote:
My favorite vampire-themed work was “Nosferatu”, filmed in 1922, by F.W. Murnau. A classic of German expressionist cinema.
I've seen a restored version with the tinting. Intense and actually scary. Thats what inspired me to get the figure even if I did end up using him as Grey Guy Bob.

Side note regarding my own work: Grey Guy Bob is Nosferatu. Grey Guy Lon is from London After Midnight a silent non-vampire vampire movie.(victims are drained of blood and vampires are implied but no fangs) Grey Gal Theda is named for Theda Bara “the Hollywood vamp” and was a vampire Willow figure from “Buffy”. So in my meta style I make use of vamps. Oh in my universe, they prefer being called carnivorous human because they're not undead and don't live in coffins.
Ozoneocean at 8:11AM, May 11, 2018
(online)
I hope you were both twirling your hipster moustaches as you watched those XD
bravo1102 at 12:17PM, May 11, 2018
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
I hope you were both twirling your hipster moustaches as you watched those XD

The long grey thing on my upper lip is hardly hipster; more like broken hip, I've fallen and can't get up. :D
KimLuster at 12:27PM, May 11, 2018
(online)
I'm a werewolf gal!! Those are my monsters of choice. So what type of Vampire do I hate the least…? I really like the Vampires from the movie Priest (2011) - there's a creepy alieness to them you don't see much. The one I hate the most?!! Sparkly pretty boys from Twilight!!
last edited on May 11, 2018 12:28PM
Ozoneocean at 1:52AM, May 24, 2018
(online)
hollers wrote:
I also love the vamps in Hellsing Ultimate! I'm not a fan of the vampire genre because of Twilight but I have to say, Hellsing Ultimate is pretty good!
This is my man right here :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon