Erin Go Bragh!
Today is St. Patrick's Day which means the color green is everywhere. This day evokes a taste for corned beef and cabbage served with a side of boiled potatoes and carrots. I want to point out that even though the name “Drunk Duck” may be associated with green food coloring in light beer or chocolate stout with a shot of Irish cream, it is wise to remember to drink responsibly if you are above the legal drinking age in your country. Additionally, I felt the need to stay mindful that today is Monday, which means that it is a school/work night, so I will suggest some all-ages, fun recipes that stay within the green color scheme for the holiday. Plus, these types of green foods will leave you feeling terrific and full of energy, so you can kiss the post St. Paddy's Day celebration hangover goodbye.
Raw Green Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad
1 Bunch of Curly Kale
1 cup Brussel Sprouts
3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
A Pinch of Salt
Toasted Walnuts (optional)
Dried Cranberries (optional)
1. Thoroughly clean the kale and brussel sprouts and remove any dirt and debris by fully submerging in water and rinsing thoroughly a few times.
2. Rip the kale leaves from the hard rib and set aside.
3. Leaf each individual brussel sprout and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the salt, lemon juice, and kale and MASSAGE for about three minutes to remove the bitterness from the kale. Discard the extracted liquid from the bottom of the bowl because it is too salty and bitter.
5. Combine the massaged kale mixture with the brussel sprouts in a separate bowl and add olive oil, vinegar, toasted nuts, dried cranberries and toss.
Raw Green Smoothie
1/2 Bunch of Curly Kale
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1 Tbsp uncooked rolled oats
Cold Filtered Water
1. Thoroughly clean the kale and remove any dirt and debris by fully submerging in water and rinsing thoroughly a few times.
2. Rip the kale leaves from the hard rib (optional) and throw in a blender.
3. Add frozen spinach, frozen mangos, frozen strawberries, flax seed and rolled oats and cover with cold water.
4. Blend on High until all remaining chunks of fruit have disappeared and the smoothie is a solid green color.
Go Green and Enjoy!
The Heroes Alliance cross-promotion project deadline is this Thursday, March 20th. So be sure to get final submissions of your original characters zombified to Abt_Nihil by then. Do not forget to repost your submission on your comic in order for the cross-promotion to be successful.
More information can be found here:
Do you have any announcements, community projects, ideas, news, or milestones to report? Please leave general comments below or send a PQ to kawaiidaigakusei. Email me at email@example.com.
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:00AM, March 17, 2014
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved