Jun 7, 2011
Just in time for convention season, this episode is about the webcomic artists' perspective on cons. We've got two seasoned vets (and a contribution from ShadowsMyst) talking about why someone should set up shop, and how to prepare!
Topics and Show Notes
NOTE: This episode features one or two instances of "saucy" language. Additionally, due to a hiccup in the recording process, we had to rely on a backup recording of the Skype conversation for the published version. Apologies for the audio quality.
Featured Comic: I Love Dark http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Love_Dark/
/>Featured Comic: SHELL http://www.drunkduck.com/SHELL/
- Why set up at conventions
- What to look for in a con
- Types of cons and different opportunities
- Preparation, costs and profit
- Ways to participate/raise profile
- Setting up your booth and marketing yourself
- Attention-getters and giveaways
- Merchandise and sales
- Advice for those just starting out, from ShadowsMyst
And lots of great random bits of advice, anecdotes, and stories!
ShadowsMyst's Brymstone: http://www.drunkduck.com/Brymstone
/>Mr_Riot's The Path: http://www.wevolt.com/The_Path
/>carly_mizzou's Creepy Carly: http://www.creepycarly.com
/>DD's Conventions subforum: http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_category.php?cid=1109&