Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

'Ello
KatDrama at 8:14AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Ello der. Kinda new to this place. I don't quite get how everything runs yet. What I"m most confused about is creating chapters for my story, so if someone could kindly tell me how to do that I'd be most grateful.

Um, about me. I'm a college student trying to get a BFA with an emphasis in Graphic Design, with maybe a minor in Japanese. Eventually I want to cross over into the comics world, more specifically manga. Not that I don't like American style comics too, but to me manga is just more appealing, especially when it comes to the actual stories. I've got a lot of great story ideas up in my head but for right now I'm just experimenting with different forms of sequential art. You can check out my comics to see these experimentations. If you're on Deviant Art please come talk to me, I'm KatDrama at http://katdrama.deviantart.com . Or come talk to me on Gaiaonline. Once again, the username is KatDrama.

Where the heck did my username come from? Long stupid story short - long long time ago in this same galaxy a friend of mine was trying to introduce me to the wide world of chat rooms. We needed a username on this one site. I wanted it to be creative and different, yet kind of cool. And at the time I was a crazy subscriber to CatFancy magazine and the like, so it had to have something to do with cats. “Well, cat with a ‘k’ is a lot cooler, and you're so dramatic!” She said - and thus KatDrama was born. Over the years (especially when I was on fanfic.net ) KatDrama began to split into different personalities, these became KatDrama, KatD, rurouni Kat, Kitty…ect ect. These characters often interacted in some of my blogs. And then I started to think - I wanted a story line for these characters. And slowly over many years their true story took form. If you go to my DA site and go to my gallery check out the subfolder “Code of the Kat” to see all of these characters. Theirs is the story I hope to eventually tell in manga form.

In any case, that's me. Please check out my art and please treat me kindly!

-KatDramaa
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Lord Shplane at 8:27AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Well…. we don't need more drama, but welcome anyway.

REJECT THE COLA!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
KatDrama at 8:34AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Ha ha, don't worry, I wont bring too much drama to the table ^_^
amanda at 8:35AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
Hi, Kat - welcome to the fun and excitement and… frolicking.

To designate chapters in your comic:
My Controls
Click on the comic you own
Select the comic pages link at the top.
This gives you a list of your comic pages with check boxes to the left. If you check the boxes, that designates a page as a chapter beginning.
Good stuff =)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
KatDrama at 8:44AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Ah hah! Thanks! XD
Steely Gaze at 8:57AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Welcome! Since your question has already been answered, I'll just say enjoy your stay and good luck finding everything. Need a hand just give a shout out. We'll all come rushing over to point and laugh. :)

Just kiddin', we're pretty decent people. (Those of us that are people.)
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
albone at 9:50AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
Welcome!
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Custard Trout at 9:51AM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
My origin story is better than your origin story.

It has bears, and killer attack squid.

By the way, could you give me a hand with this straitjacket?
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
crazyninny at 12:57PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
While figuring out what you will do, you can WORSHIP MMMEEEHHH!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Lord Shplane at 1:20PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
crazyninny
While figuring out what you will do, you can WORSHIP MMMEEEHHH!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
Orange at 4:30PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
Hey there…
Don't listen to the two…
Enjoy your stay ^^!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
KatDrama at 4:35PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Ah, thank you all for welcoming me. ^_^
ElTipejoLoco at 2:38AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Hey there! You'll probably fit in in no time, without realizing it, perhaps.

I'm surprised I haven't heard about you from some friends who frequent communities about ‘multiples’ (i.e.- characters that gain self-awareness in a creative individual's mind), but ah… doesn't matter. Hope your manga comes out alright, and I look forward to reading it.

Also, don't undo Trout's straight-jacket. He'll probably reveal his squid-bear-appendage and tear the universe asunder.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
KatDrama at 6:10AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
ElTipejoLoco
Hey there! You'll probably fit in in no time, without realizing it, perhaps.

I'm surprised I haven't heard about you from some friends who frequent communities about ‘multiples’ (i.e.- characters that gain self-awareness in a creative individual's mind), but ah… doesn't matter. Hope your manga comes out alright, and I look forward to reading it.

Also, don't undo Trout's straight-jacket. He'll probably reveal his squid-bear-appendage and tear the universe asunder.

'Multiples' huh? I've never heard that term before. I always used ‘persona’ before when they were representing me, but now that they're their own characters with their own world and story I try to keep them separate from me, though the main character lurks my mind and pokes me to draw her sometimes XD
ElTipejoLoco at 2:40PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Here's a link to a LiveJournal thing on multiples and soul bonds. I had to rummage through my old friend's LJ to find it. You can just go in and ask or read and you'll probably find that you have a pretty similar thing- even when they have their own world.

Of course, it's entirely your choice to pay attention to that information or not. I just happen to know tidbits about mostly everything, so even if you're talking about something you think no one else will have any idea what you're talking about, I'll pop up with some comment about it! … Yeah.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
KatDrama at 10:54PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Huh…that's odd…maybe a tad bit bizarre even. I do feel very, how you say, “connected” with my characters, but I don't really believe that we've had “conversations” as described by some people in that journal. It's more like they're a part of me because they are my creation, my brainstorm…like a little child. When they are sad in the story I am sad. And so when I finally do make this one story into a manga it'll be the kind of story where I want to make the reader experience emotions - laughter, crying, ect. So in that sense they are a part of me…but I'd never really thought of them in that way before. But thank you for the interesting link, it's something I hadn't thought about before. Not sure if I believe it, but it's food for thought. XP

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon