Comic Talk and General Discussion *

...so... ...hungry...
crazyninny at 8:39PM, Sept. 28, 2007
(online)
Cthulhu
crazyninny
I can fast! I can totally fast!

For about an hour or 2… But thats fasting in my world, damnit! >< You Cthulhu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Eunice P at 4:31PM, Sept. 30, 2007
(offline)
Poke Alster
Yeh muslims do more aless the same thing, but they fast for a month

And during fasting period, they don't eat, they don't drink as well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
MagickLorelai at 4:43PM, Sept. 30, 2007
(offline)
I just spent the last 28 hours not eating. XD Not intentionally, mind you. It started with a particularly large lunch that made me not hungry for dinner. Then I woke up, and still wasn't hungry and didn't think about it until this afternoon, when I realized how long it had been since I'd eaten. Yum, meatloaf, mashed ‘tatoes and green beans. ^^

Spiritual fasting really is interesting. Especially when it’s for extended periods of time. The effect not having food can have on you, beyond the physical changes, can be quite dramatic. It forces you to pay attention to life more, as opposed to someone who regularly gets big meals and doesn't have to think about where the next meal comes from, being hungry makes you aware of your daily behavior.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Ozoneocean at 12:33AM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
MagickLorelai, I like your ideas on being hungry ^^

According to the magical and often inaccurate Wiki, during the Muslim holy Period of Ramadan (when the famous fasts are held), the “fasts” are held for the hold day, but broken every sunset. “Observant” Muslims do them during the whole month and maybe a few days after. And they call fasting several things like “sawm”, “rozah”, “puasa”…
So, while they do fast, they're not starving themselves. It only seems to be a daylight hours thing mainly.

Oh Wiki, I feel like I've learned so much and yet still suspect half of it to be total BS…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
usedbooks at 1:01AM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
I had a classmate observing Ramadan. Yes, it was a fasting from sum up to sun down. Not only that but he couldn't drink water, chew gum, or go to the bathroom. After sunset, fasting stopped. It's not a gigantic deal anyway. I have a roommate who is nearly never awake until after sunset.

Fasting isn't too bad unless you're doing it because you have a stomach virus – or an eating disorder.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon