Networking & Community Projects*

A challenge for all you artists
The Gravekeeper at 12:03PM, March 18, 2010
(offline)
As artists, it's important for us to try to create images to the best of our abilities. However, it's all too easy for us to pigeonhole ourselves into producing just one style of art. So, I'm proposing a fun challenge to all the artists on this site that can help you to break out of your self-imposed limits: draw your characters in a style or medium that you're not at home with.

You can do this any way you and put up the results of your experiment here. Just remember to tell us what you did differently from your usual work and an image from your comic so we can see the difference. Use some common sense when choosing an image from your comic; this is a public forum, after all, so minors can easily see whatever's on here.

Your experiments don't have to be pretty and professional; you're trying something new, so not every attempt is going to be successful.

To kick things off, here's my experiment:

I decided to try my hand as something resembling the fun, happy and bright cell shading from “The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker”. It's so unlike how I normally draw and gave me a reason to play around with colouring in Photoshop. It's by no means professional, but it was fun to just see how Marek would look more or less in that game.

And, of course, the original style:

It's a little dated now since the comic is no longer in colour and the art style has evolved a little, but that's pretty much how the character normally looks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon