Networking & Community Projects*

A Community Comic Idea
Jenia at 9:38AM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
Assuming it doesn't die, I'm interested.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
herio at 10:56PM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
he sounds like fun

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
trevoramueller at 12:54PM, Sept. 20, 2007
(offline)
Could be fun. When would this project be starting? Would there be an order or continuity to it all (so, your comic affects Jane's comic and so on)?
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Coveinant at 2:57PM, Sept. 27, 2007
(online)
I'll join and I will feature Elemental Blader as my character, the profile for him is in the comic battle forum. just tell when it is open, I'd be happy to help with any plot holes.
Enter my contests and be happy about your ideas.

go here, I may have left you something good
CJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
Evil_Snuffkin at 3:12PM, Sept. 27, 2007
(online)
Sorry to say this guys but I think this project is dead. There's been no activity on the comic and seeing as there's no news on what's going on I can't say I'm very hopeful about this starting up again. I'll try and get in contact with the CommanderChaos to find out what his plans are.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
nonnymouse at 5:42AM, Nov. 15, 2007
(online)
oh poo… I would've liked to join! Hey, if this begins to live once more, send me a PQ or sumfin!!!

~Nonny
Stop looking at my signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
BlueFlame_Studios at 6:37PM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
Hey, this sounds cool, count me in.

Though, does the character have look a certain way?

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
Commander_Chaos at 6:49AM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
Like Futurama, It just won't stay dead! I am officially resurrecting this project to begin in July.

Enrollment period is now till Monday 30th June. Anthro characters are fine. Any and all submissions MUST have a bio and a design for your character(s), including what subject they study at DD Uni. Also, any sports they play. I should have a map of the campus prepared in the next 2-3 weeks so that people know where stuff happens.

A very important rule is that anyone who submits a character or group must either draw a minimum of 2 pages or write a story of 4 pages minimum. This is just to make sure that we don't get hundreds of people going “I cAn Ha5 KaRaeCtor?lolololol!!1!”
Because I hate people like that.

If participation dies like it did before the project even started last time then I will declare this community comic dead for good.
Hoping to see your entries soon.
And yes, I myself will be submitting characters, pages and stories.

PS. Regarding stories, they can be anything from single page jokes to arcs which parody movies. My first arc will parody Dawn of the Dead occuring on the DDU campus. Stay tuned for that.

Oh, and if you want to see 3 of the characters I'll be submitting, go check my comic Dubious Mental Stability. All 3 are film students, and they are in fact me and my two friends!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Vakanai at 11:12AM, May 6, 2008
(online)
Commander_Chaos
Like Futurama, It just won't stay dead! I am officially resurrecting this project to begin in July.

Enrollment period is now till Monday 30th June. Anthro characters are fine. Any and all submissions MUST have a bio and a design for your character(s), including what subject they study at DD Uni. Also, any sports they play. I should have a map of the campus prepared in the next 2-3 weeks so that people know where stuff happens.

A very important rule is that anyone who submits a character or group must either draw a minimum of 2 pages or write a story of 4 pages minimum. This is just to make sure that we don't get hundreds of people going “I cAn Ha5 KaRaeCtor?lolololol!!1!”
Because I hate people like that.

If participation dies like it did before the project even started last time then I will declare this community comic dead for good.
Hoping to see your entries soon.
And yes, I myself will be submitting characters, pages and stories.

PS. Regarding stories, they can be anything from single page jokes to arcs which parody movies. My first arc will parody Dawn of the Dead occuring on the DDU campus. Stay tuned for that.

Oh, and if you want to see 3 of the characters I'll be submitting, go check my comic Dubious Mental Stability. All 3 are film students, and they are in fact me and my two friends!

I'll join. Might take a bit for me to get the bio ready. What classes/sports are available?
Oh, and I'll write a 4 page story, cause no one wants to see the stick figure brigade.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Commander_Chaos at 11:34AM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
Ummm….
Wow, you kinda blind sided me there XD.
I'd imagine most classes that exist in real universities, I didn't really plan a set list yet, so for now I'll let you choose freely. Sports wise, your basic sports, ie rugby, football, american football, dodgeball, cricket, baseball, lacrosse, handball, etc.
There is also a paintball team of 20 members. 3 spaces are taken, 17 remain…
amanda at 4:42PM, May 8, 2008
(online)
I'm in! I'll get my character profile/pic to you early next week.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
soulcelshade at 6:20PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
I am IN! I'll get the profile done soon enough.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
AccoSpoot at 3:10PM, May 9, 2008
(offline)
I'm interested, especially as your final submission date is around the same time I leave College (and coincidently start Uni) so much free time to help out.

I've found i'm really unreliable when it comes to following a single linear plot, target or action, so would you mind a character who dabbles in pretty much everything? If so, I'll work up bios and whatnot whenever I'm not working on my Final Major Project.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
zero rose at 7:12PM, May 10, 2008
(offline)
Sounds like fun, though my characters- Spider Jack and Hangman Sam - are more interested in sapping the souls of mortals than going to school, although Jack would probably enjoy it. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Commander_Chaos at 1:26AM, May 11, 2008
(offline)
The more the merrier I say! I'll update the list of interested peopleses next week. I'll also start PQing all the old entrants to see if their still interested.
Vakanai at 10:33PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
Commander_Chaos
Ummm….
Wow, you kinda blind sided me there XD.
I'd imagine most classes that exist in real universities, I didn't really plan a set list yet, so for now I'll let you choose freely. Sports wise, your basic sports, ie rugby, football, american football, dodgeball, cricket, baseball, lacrosse, handball, etc.
I'll take a spot in the paintball team. Cause of the wondrous, wondrous violence.
Classes: History, Biology, Theology, and Paranormal-ology.
Pic: http://www.drunkduck.com/Rumbles/index.php?p=355781
Bio: Narcissistic, flirtatious, and vain Vakanai is a childish albeit rather laid-back (some would say ditzy) student, time traveler, and talk show host. Sadly these gigs don't pay very well and he is perpetually searching for a part-time job to earn money (or he's robbing people blind, either one). He is prone to spending great deals of money and has often been described as an “alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain-smoking gambler” despite the fact he neither drinks nor smokes. He also owes a certain Fat Tony money he swears he won't pay. Despite being laid back and slightly daffy, he has a very active and competitive personality, and he can be mean, lazy, snobbish, and very sarcastic at times. Worse still are his sadistic and murderous tendencies, as he has on occasion attempted to harm, kill, or otherwise inconvenience others for personal benefit; however he is more of a danger to himself than others (well, more of a danger to himself and innocent bystanders). Vakanai is famous for being impulsive, hedonistic, poor-mannered, immodest, and recklessly violent. He suffers from frequent difficulties to focus on a single thought track and generally leaps into things without much of a plan. He is an accident-prone young man who has no sense of direction, is sadly incompetent and rarely succeeds in his objectives, even by accident. Due to his clumsiness, he causes a lot of collateral damage, which causes a lot of problems. Despite all this however he is incredibly lucky at being at the right place at the right time, though this luck often spells misfortune for others. He has a knack for finding long-lost and valuable items, such as hoards of treasure and weapons, or a winning lottery ticket (though the advantages are often offset by his clumsiness). Despite what very well could be the impeccable shield of insanity and egomania, he does have a vulnerable side as he holds feelings of insecurity due to having to wear glasses and he does not have much self-confidence so he often needs help in order to motivate him through the day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 10:16AM, June 21, 2008
(online)
Happy to see you're still think of doing this, if it goes ahead I'm still up for it too.

Commander_Chaos

And I love to be on the team as well, shooting people is so much more fun when they don't die.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Glarg at 10:31AM, June 22, 2008
(offline)
THE PROJECT STILL LIVES! I'm glad this didn't turn out like the Pokemon event and die before it even started! Hey, is it alright if I redo my character profile(Still going to be the same person)?

Also, sign me up on that paintball!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Oneweek at 8:03PM, June 22, 2008
(offline)
Man, this sounds awsome! Is it possible to have a Character like a dog or Cat in it? Not Anthromorthpic but simply a animal. If not, Can I write?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Bittenbymonk at 3:49PM, June 24, 2008
(offline)
Sounds great! I'll enter Uper dave and his Profile before the 30th… are pants optional?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon