Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Any suggestions?
Paper_Cut at 8:55PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
I want to become a chemist, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good university to go to to get the proper education. It doesn't matter where it's location on the globe it is because you can go anywhere with planes these days…

I have a LOT of money in savings from my former jobs to spend on supplies, so I'm pretty much set for some of the more expensive universities.

Thanks in advance to anyone who suggests any!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
lba at 9:26PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
Michigan State University has a very good rep for the sciences and history.

Other than that I couldn't tell you. I'm an art major so I really know more about the good art schools.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Randal at 9:44PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
lba
Michigan State University has a very good rep for the sciences and history.

Other than that I couldn't tell you. I'm an art major so I really know more about the good art schools.

GO SPARTANS!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Ailorn at 2:12PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
It doesn't matter how much you have in savings, education costs a LOT of money. Expensive doesn't always mean better. Go to a state school for your Undergraduate work. Major in Chemistry. Work hard and get good grades. Get lots of experience and internships. If you work hard and get good grades you can go to a good school for your graduate work. PhD's take at least 5 to 6 years on top of the 4-5 years of undergraduate work. Where you go for graduate school is more important than your undergraduate work.

My best advice is just Go, Keep at it, work hard, Be sure to get over at least a 3.0, (3.5 is better) and take as many opportunities to get hands on experience as possible. Do as many internships as you can. (they may start letting you do that sophomore-junior year). Go for it! Find out if chemistry is really for you. I wanted to be a biologist, and after a year i decided it wasn't for me, and psychology was, even with a year in another major i still graduated in 4 years.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon