Networking & Community Projects*

Artist in need of Toner, and possibly a writer!
hoshino_hikari at 10:55AM, July 2, 2007
(offline)
Okay, first off; I just got here, I don't plan on doing anything huge, but I really want to put up a comic.

Unfortunately, I'm no good with tones, and generally my scripts suck unless I rewrite them 17932845845 times. That's where you, (insert random name here), come in! My comic will be japanese cartoon influenced(anime, duh.) and so far the genre is up for grabs. Anything will do as long as I can draw it!

If you are interested leave me a message here, or talk to me on aim. My SN is MaCaBrEtotchi.

P.S. Just send me a sample or something, and if I say no don't get all sad and emo-like.

<3 Hikari
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
ZeroVX at 11:13AM, July 2, 2007
(online)
Here's a script for my idea.

Panel 1: *a shadowed city, with a silhouette jumping across the tops of buildings*
Narrator: Some people would call me arrogant. And, considering what I call
myself, they have good reason.

Panel 2: *silhouette stops*
Narrator: They believe the title I carry is one of arrogance, not truth. Because,
who would believe it?

Panel 3: *zooms in, shows long, black cloak*
Narrator: Who would believe that a god would walk among mortals? That's
only in the storybooks, right?

Panel 4: *shows black gloves*
Narrator: It would probably blow their minds if they knew how wrong they
were.

Panel 5: *shows armored boots*
Narrator: The title means more to me now than it did before. It's probably
because of how….different I am now.

Panel 6: *shows a stick on the silhouette's back*
Narrator: I can smell whatever they feel, hear what they think, and see into
the darkest corners of their minds.

Panel 7: *shows a pair of green eyes, with a scar running down the left one*
Narrator: Before, I only carried the title of “god”. But now…..
*second bubble*
Narrator: I feel as though I really am one.

Basically, it's about a god working for Death. He goes about carrying out various missions, while at the same time looking for revenge against a mysterious creature.

There will be crossovers with various animes/cartoons/video games/mangas/etc.

So, you like?
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
hoshino_hikari at 12:58PM, July 2, 2007
(offline)
It's definitely interesting, not really my style, but I'll keep you in mind! I'm going to add you as a friend.
cetriya at 10:22PM, July 2, 2007
(online)
lol, why advertise for a toner if you dont even have a story >.<
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
The_Skandalous at 6:05PM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
I have a story planned. It revolves around an insurgent group in a developing country that is trying to cause a bloody rebellion. Also embroiled in this mess is a teenage computer wizkid who is forced into the insurgency out of poverty. Meanwhile the police act to counteract this threat. Plenty of gunfights, assasinations, political intrigue and espionage.

If you're interested I could send you a couple of sample scripts ^-^. While I'm pretty good with drawing human figures I absolutely suck at settings, shading etc.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
The_Skandalous at 6:24PM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
If you should consent, I'd be capable of providing updates twice a week. Maybe more.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
hoshino_hikari at 9:28AM, July 6, 2007
(offline)
cetriya
lol, why advertise for a toner if you dont even have a story >.<

Well, mostly because if I plan to do anything I'll need someone who can work the magical arts of tones. Something I'm not capable of doing, mostly because of my short attention span.

By the way, The_Skandalous, once again the comic sounds interesting, but it's not really my style. And I pretty much suck at drawing weapons. But I'll keep you in mind if you keep me in mind.
Sakibou at 5:46PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
You're asking for samples, but you should provide some as well. Most writers (myself included) would like an idea of an artist's skill before partnering up with them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
marine at 12:26PM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
If you'd like to do manga penis or penis manga, I'd love you forever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Kal_El at 5:43PM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
Hello, I'm a writer who has been toying with the story idea of a group of friends who are part of an ancient prohecy to save another realm from utter destruction. It would be fantasy. Let me know what you think!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Commander_Chaos at 2:59AM, July 10, 2007
(offline)
Had an idea bouncing around for a while, thought you might be interested perhaps.
This idea follows, as with most comics, a struggle of good vs. evil. But this time, the action begins when Lucifer challenges God to a winner-takes-all game of Divine Chess. Divine Chess is essentially the same as regular chess, but differs in several key ways;
1. There is a near unlimited number of pawns.
2. Pawns can become such characters as knights if one of the knights is taken
3. Each piece on the board represents an actual person in the world below, who are often not aware of their involvement. Some pieces are made aware by the agents of either side, and use this to their advantage, as free will is still present.
The action would follow the younger of the White knights, (no older than 20), and, depending on the artists preference, either a young lad whom he takes as his squire, or a woman who is destined to replace the White Queen. In the case of the former, there would be no option for a romantic element to the story, but in the latter, a relationship would form 'twixt the two.
The setting would be the modern day world, and each of the 8 black and white chess pices would be characters with a backstory, giving opportunities for flashbacks to expand the story. The pawns of course would be minor characters, as they are largely unimportant, though three or four from each side could be developed -One idea for pawn developement is a group of scientists who find out that they are involved and attempt to find a method of escape from the Game.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon