Networking & Community Projects*

Artist looking for a writer for a Zombie comic
forsakendoctrine at 9:43PM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
I love zombies… I would love to do a horror comic on the side of my own project but I'm not always the greatest at writing a story. PM me if you are a writer and this genre interest you. An example of your work (not a novel please…just something short and an example of how you would write a comic page would work. I like to have a story but I also like a separate script to help with panels) would be great and it'll help determine if I can work with you.

My style is something between American Comic and Disney and I'm aiming for a page a week. The length of the story can be discussed between us. I like to do full color and I'm aiming for a mature rating. If you'd like to talk my AIM is ZombieBovine.

Don't message me if you're not interested in doing Zombies… I'm pretty open to the interpretation of this idea but I'm not going to draw your angel manga anthro disaster.

Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Commander_Chaos at 10:12PM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
Well, I'd definitely be up for writing something along those lines, always wanted to have a try at a zombie survival story. I have an idea of Lost style characters, with flashbacks etc to make them seem more real - inbetween action of course. And horror, did I mention horror and blood?If you don't mind waiting a day or so, I can whip up two sample pages of script and story - I can even help storyboarding action sequences if needed. Why not now you ask? I have a 2,000 word essay due 4pm today, (I'm on UK time), plus an entire three minute film project with accompanying notes due tomorrow. After that I'm yours! In the meantime, might I be cheeky and point you in the direction of some of my other writing efforts? (Don't worry, it's only short stuff)

http://enigmatic-andy.deviantart.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
Regards,
Andy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
SuperBiasedMan at 10:32AM, May 7, 2008
(offline)
I had an idea for a zombie comic, except where zombies were the normal beings that were in control of the world and in fact humans are the mythical beings that everyone fears because of their ‘viruses’.

Originally it was more of a comedic sppofy thing, but I could adapt it to be more serious if you're interested. I'll PQ a slight elaboration on this summary and a sample first page of script format.
cosB<sinFELD
If you've done trigonometry, like me, you smile at this.
Then realise what you've done and die a little inside.
No need to thank me for that. :D
Now read this: http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Biased_Man/index.php?p=395506
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Commander_Chaos at 3:56PM, May 7, 2008
(offline)
Isn't that basically the second half of the I Am Legend book?
SuperBiasedMan at 8:02AM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
Commander_Chaos
Isn't that basically the second half of the I Am Legend book?

Dunno never read the book.
After consulting wikipedia, it appears to be the same basic idea but that wasn't the plot of I Am Legend, that was just something that would later happen after the events of the book.
cosB<sinFELD
forsakendoctrine at 12:20PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
No one?!?! For god's sake… I thought writers were a fricking dime a dozen here. And the people I've contacted, you have not written back.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
SuperBiasedMan at 2:04PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
forsakendoctrine
No one?!?! For god's sake… I thought writers were a fricking dime a dozen here. And the people I've contacted, you have not written back.

Uh… I responded. I know you didn't like the story but don't claim you're getting no reponse.
cosB<sinFELD
Commander_Chaos at 4:15PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
SuperBiasedMan
forsakendoctrine

Uh… I responded. I know you didn't like the story but don't claim you're getting no reponse.

Indeed. You have two responses in this thread already. Plus, most writers prefer to write their own idea then look for an artist, or at least that seems to be the norm on this forum.
soulcelshade at 6:26PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
Heh. I'm still looking for a writer for some of my ideas. How bout I contribute some?

Like, the zombies aren't human, but they look human, sort of. except for the dead rotting part. im thinking nasa experiments in space gone wrong, space shuttle crahing, mutated scientists coming out being attacked by aliens who have fangs that send a “zombie” poison into the bloodstream. the aliens could be super intelligent, but it's more fun when they're only a minor part of a story.

anything in there usable? maybe it's sci-fi, but it's all i could think of.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
mjmcbride at 6:58AM, May 9, 2008
(offline)
I messaged you to see if you were still looking but you never sent me anything back so I figured you found someone. I have a few ideas for a zombie comic.

One of my ideas was a little similar to one mentioned above, a little sci-fi. It is about the first manned deep space mission where everyone begins to suffer from depth sickness (think cabin fever) that causes infighting and paranoia among the people on the ship. When one crew member is murdered and then comes back to life as a zombie, horror ensues. More scientific explanations involving deep space radiation could be used to explain the zombie phenomenon.

Another one is set in the very near future after a zombie emergence. A TV network has taken advantage of the situation and created a game show involving a group of people stranded on an island with various tasks to complete. One catch the island is crawling with zombies. This might be interesting as a little satire on Pop culture.

Another is a story following a single zombie's journey through life after death. It would be mostly visual with little dialogue, and some stream of consciousness thought narration. This would be a much simpler and visual story than the others.

Lastly, just a straight up zombie survival story set in present time. Maybe with a little government conspiracy thrown in just to spice it up a little. Or not, lol.

PQ me if your interested. I'm always open to new story ideas too, so if you had something more specific in mind or a specific direction you wanted to go then let me know and I can work with it. I'm just interested in making a fun and creative story. If you want to do a page a week I can definitely work that way. Anyways message me if you want.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon