Networking & Community Projects*

Artist seeking Master-er Writer
kohitsuji at 7:32PM, April 21, 2010
(online)
Yes, that's right. This wayward artist hasn't been around here in a very long time and wants to jump back into the swing of things. Her old comics are beyond help and she has no real inspiration to start new on her own, so she's looking to you, the wonderful writer, to give her a sweet story to metamorphosize into some bastard child of a comic. Be forewarned, this artist is very lazy and unreliable. Needs someone with low expectations or a strong cattle prod arm.

She has many styles you can choose from you can peruse to your liking at her deviant art page or by checking out her old comics.

http://koji-o-ji-o.deviantart.com/

However due to lack of time and tools she can't currently make full color comics like she used to. Instead she'd like to make semi-monochrome ones like this. http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Brotherhood/?p=209332

Story-wise she'd really like a short romance or adventure. But she'll listen to any idea and run with whatever really excites her.

So in a nutshell:

Troubled artist seeking caring/domineering writer
Dark blue art in any style you want
Cupcakes are amazing
Short romance preferred
Also likes dark things
Expect delays

Hire an artist and get this poor kid off the streets!!
ART /aart/ n. 1. How people express themselves 2. Freedom

Not a fan of teh angst? Try ZooManga
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:48PM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
wanna do some kind of comedy?

dark comedy?

I can do that…

I have no examples of that…

Like JTHM or something like that…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Product Placement at 4:27PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
JTHM
That's a pretty brutal example of a comedy. I'd call that “shock value” humor, where the goal is to shock people via offensive means, in order to make them laugh. Has a very narrow target audience but they usually end up being dedicated followers.

When I think Dark comedy, the names Dr. Strangelove, Nightmare before Christmas, Dead Like Me and if you want online comics for example, Life and Death and Cwen's Quest.

Black humor deals with sarcasm allot and plays with situations that should be considered serious and not funny. While dismembering people in order to get a laugh out of it surely fits into that category, it's extreme enough to merit it's own category.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:29PM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
I Am The 1337 Master
JTHM
That's a pretty brutal example of a comedy. I'd call that “shock value” humor, where the goal is to shock people via offensive means, in order to make them laugh. Has a very narrow target audience but they usually end up being dedicated followers.

When I think Dark comedy, the names Dr. Strangelove, Nightmare before Christmas, Dead Like Me and if you want online comics for example, Life and Death and Cwen's Quest.

Black humor deals with sarcasm allot and plays with situations that should be considered serious and not funny. While dismembering people in order to get a laugh out of it surely fits into that category, it's extreme enough to merit it's own category.
yes but I laugh none the less.

Nightmare? Comedy…eh…I disagree. Didn't think it was funny or meant to be funny. Just a cool movie.

Apparently George Carlin was the master of this Black Comedy but I don't rank him as black comedy either. More of a “FUCK” and “AMERICA” and “Funnily”

so fuck america but do it in a funny way.
kohitsuji at 7:44PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
@I Am The 1337 Master

Well based on your guys's discussion I'd say it depends on the type of comedy? If it was like JTHM or Contemplating Reiko I think it could be really fun but I'd have to see what you could do first. Give me some little ideas to draw and we can see what happens?

Product Placement at 7:57PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Nightmare? Comedy…eh…I disagree. Didn't think it was funny or meant to be funny. Just a cool movie.
Oh there's humor in there. You just need to look hard enough.

And Carlin fits more into “shock value” humor, although it depended on the joke. His “7 words you can't say on TV” was designed to be shocking, even though it isn't today. We just got so desensitized over the time that curse words became tame. His marks on euphemism would be considered to be black humor.

It's kinda hard to draw the line, when I think about it. You really have to realize the intent of the author. If he wanted to poke fun at a serious situation and possibly criticize the way we handle it, then it's Black humor. If the author was just being a dick and wanted to mess with you, by showing you something you really shouldn't be seeing, it's shock value humor.

Btw, kohitsuji. Have you had time to process the stuff I sent you?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:59AM, April 24, 2010
(offline)
TO kohitsuji:

I don't have anything on this computer so coming up with something new…I'd give up. PP probably sent you something cool.

Trying to come up with something…and brain goes boom. Don't wait on me.

TO PP: Suppose I like shock then.
kohitsuji at 9:06PM, April 24, 2010
(online)
@PP Yeah I've looked over some of the stuff but I've been really busy and working on other projects. But I'll try and get you a sample page some time this weekend. Even if it's just a rough one.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon