Networking & Community Projects*

Artist seeking partner in crime
kohitsuji at 9:05PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
Hi yall!

I'm a despairing comic artist who's been suffering from an extreme drought of inspiration lately. I really would love to start working on comics again but I lack any good story telling abilities. So, I'm looking for a nice writer who's willing to whip me back in shape. I'd prefer someone with a sense of humour, a little seriousness is ok but I'm not looking for a serious project right now. Just a little fun thing to fiddle with. :3 I'm rather lazy so it'd be nice also if the person could get me moving while being understanding of my obligations to school and the like.

I mostly enjoy doing full color comics but I can do grayscale and black and white if I have to update a little quicker. My comics haven't been updated for ages so if you want examples of my art check out my deviantart page at: http://koji-o-ji-o.deviantart.com.

So, if you're crazy enough to take the challenge let me know! Thanks for reading! ^w^
ART /aart/ n. 1. How people express themselves 2. Freedom

Not a fan of teh angst? Try ZooManga
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Vakanai at 9:31PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
I'd be willing to write for you. I keep trying to write, but everyone I get to draw anything of mine always has to quit.
Do you have anything in particular in mind, or will any type/genre of comedy do?
Edit: Oh, and if it helps, I got nothing against poking you with a stick if you get too lazy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Commander_Chaos at 7:34AM, May 19, 2008
(offline)
I have a few ideas that I don't mind having someone else draw.
However… most of them are predominantly serious. If you're just looking for something amusing, I have a fancomic of Conker's Bad Fur Day in the works. Basically it continues where the game left off and features a lot of movie / tv parodies. If you've never played Conker's Bad Fur Day or Conker: Live & Reloaded, then I can direct you to the cutscenes from it on youtube - it is extremely funny.
Otherwise, I have a zombie comic which I have at the planning stage at the mo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
kohitsuji at 5:32PM, May 19, 2008
(online)
Wow, thank you both for the replies! :D Both sound like interesting propositions, I'd take both if I weren't so busy.

Commander_Chaos: you know how to draw! The idea of a Conker's comic (yes I've heard of that vulgar squirelly but never actually played it) sounds hilarious but I think you should develop your own art more. It's great already and you already have good comics but there's always room for improvement?

As for Mister Vakanai:, you sound like exactly what I need. A little prodding to get me going would be great! XD No, I don't have any real genre in mind. Maybe videogames.. anime.. kitten assassins.. whatever~! I'm hoping to do short like 5 to 8 panel strips though. Hit me up with a concept/idea and preliminary script and I'll see if we can work things out, K?
ART /aart/ n. 1. How people express themselves 2. Freedom

Not a fan of teh angst? Try ZooManga
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Vakanai at 10:47PM, May 19, 2008
(online)
kohitsuji
Wow, thank you both for the replies! :D Both sound like interesting propositions, I'd take both if I weren't so busy.

Commander_Chaos: you know how to draw! The idea of a Conker's comic (yes I've heard of that vulgar squirelly but never actually played it) sounds hilarious but I think you should develop your own art more. It's great already and you already have good comics but there's always room for improvement?

As for Mister Vakanai:, you sound like exactly what I need. A little prodding to get me going would be great! XD No, I don't have any real genre in mind. Maybe videogames.. anime.. kitten assassins.. whatever~! I'm hoping to do short like 5 to 8 panel strips though. Hit me up with a concept/idea and preliminary script and I'll see if we can work things out, K?
Will do, I'll pq you later with some ideas I got.
For a quick run down though, one is a humorous superhero thing combining Popeye and Superman, one is a monster in a lake attacking college students and old people, and one is about the hazards of time travel.
I'll work out the scripts though and pq you some samples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon