Networking & Community Projects*

Artist sought
SansTalent at 5:01PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(offline)
Fairly obviously, I get what happens to be a fairly decent writting skill, and zero to none for drawing. Thus, here you have me seeking for one who want to do it. It also seems there's a huge amount of people doing exactly the same. I honestly had hoped it would be the other way around. Live and learn, eh?
As it stands, this will be a harder time than originally expected. Then again, until last thursday I didn't even expect to actually try, and look! But enough of that; since everybody is looking for artists, here's a little overview of the story I intend to bring to the world:
The story centers arond a group of adventurers who travel thru various worlds, seeking the power to fullfill each one's dreams, as promised by their leader, the one who actually has the power to cross worlds. It is mostly fantasy-oriented, but of course there will be some worlds (at least three) where technology rules.
The main cast is composed of eight characters, 7 protagonists and 1 antagonist. It would seem like the odds are on our hero's side, but they aren't. Funny how they never are. Four of the team members are female, and three are male. Their enemy is male too.
Now meta-history info. I'll be the first one to admit that this was mostly inspired by reading Tsubasa Chronicle Reservoir. The manga, not the animated series. It, however, doesn't take any character nor situations from the series; the only thing it did was move me to make the story, since in my other, larger one, I had the possibility of time travel excluded entirely. It gave a very decent result, but also excluded some subplots that I would have liked to explore.
Again I say it is in no way a Tsubasa rip-off. The only real thing in common is the dimension-travel device (plot device I mean), and I fully intend to break one of CLAMP's most beloved and unchanged rules (even if thru a technicism).
The story is already written from start to finish, with almost al the way between them covered, which should be a plus. It does, however, allow for them to have random adventures unrelated for the main plot, if the artist feels like making filler episodes.
It also has two elements that can be found in about everything I write, provided it is long enough. They are death by childbirth and a red-haired lesbian character. The last one does not mean anything nor represents or references anything, it is an honest coincidence. Namely, two other stories I had written have them, and with a similar name to cope. When I noticed the resemblance, I decided to make it into a kind of a signature.
There's little more that can be said without giving away the plot, but there's one more thing on which I tend to focus, and which is important now. Names. I always spend a great deal of time naming the characters I write, and can give the background for all of these choices. Therefore, almost all of the main cast has a name and last name, except for one. I couldn't come up with any name for this guy that was meaningful without being blatant. So in the end I decided it was to be a gift: whoever chooses to draw the comic also gets to chose his first name (his last name is Crussader).

That would be all. Thanks for your time. Give me a shout if you are interested.
He who flames trolls should see to it that he himself does not become a troll. For when you gaze long into the internets, the internets gaze also into you.

Look, a comic! Sorta!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
solace at 3:00PM, Oct. 13, 2009
(online)
I think you already made one like this.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
SansTalent at 3:52PM, Oct. 13, 2009
(offline)
I did, it was misplaced, so I made this and linked it, but the other got moved and the post with the link was deleted, so I just left'em alone.
He who flames trolls should see to it that he himself does not become a troll. For when you gaze long into the internets, the internets gaze also into you.

Look, a comic! Sorta!
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:45AM, Oct. 25, 2009
(offline)
I'll help. A comic-like…VG Cats-style good for you? It is a comedy most the time, right?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
SansTalent at 3:34PM, Oct. 27, 2009
(offline)
I haven't seen them so I couldn't say. But no, this is more of an adventure/action story. I dare say that if there's any joke it's an accident.

Look, a comic! Sorta!
same at 1:29PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
I could help. But i needa see an example of your writing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon