Networking & Community Projects*

Asking for a artist
Leon Hyrulious at 3:20PM, Nov. 1, 2006
(offline)
I have ideas in my head but i cant draw them, so I'm asking for a artist to do the well artwork for a project in my head, you can take as much creative liberty as long as you keep the characters with the generaly same appearance, and can draw in a manga/anime fashion, if your interested or want more details send me a quack, Thanks, Laters.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Rich at 6:12PM, Nov. 1, 2006
(online)
What's in it for the artist? You either need to pitch your idea better, offer something in exchange for them drawing it, or barter with them to get an artist's help.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
Leon Hyrulious at 9:01PM, Nov. 1, 2006
(offline)
Sorry for being vauge, If you agree, I am fairly good at collecting files and information, if thats what you need, If not I'll glady reach a agreement with (if anybody) anyone who agrees to this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Rich at 4:35AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
But you haven't told anyone what your idea is or what you'd offer them! Unless you do that, you're unlikely to find an artist.
Ferretshark at 5:07AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
I'm with Rich on this one. I like your forthrightness, Rich!

Leon, you are offering a collaboration opportunity. Are you going to pay the artist? If so, how much?

Or are you willing to barter something in exchange for his/her creative services?

Or are you expecting the artist to invest in the comic for free and expect compensation to be in the form of a certain percentage of monies generated from your property's potential revenues? This is a common approach, albeit frowned upon by top calibre artists who enjoy reaping respectable remuneration for their work.

You may be able to find someone who'll work for free, but you also risk only having an amateur do this and have the artwork look sufferable. If you find an artist of good calibre to work for free, then that artist is obviously well off, doesn't need the money, and has time to kill. THAT'S the gold mine in a search like this.

And it's always good practice to have any arrangement you agree upon with the artist done in writing so that both parties are aware of what they are each getting into from the onset. You don't want a bad name for yourself; your name can be blacklisted in this industry otherwise- It's a global industry, but it's also a small world!

Ferretshark
Animator/published illustrator
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
skoolmunkee at 6:56AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
Someone really needs to write a thread that we can sticky about “Are you looking for a writer or artist? Then by all that is holy, read this thread!” that has lots of good advice about what to talk about, how to get people interested, etc…. any takers? :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Quacklin at 9:16PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
well i can draw in the anime/manga form but don't have the time but rich in any case if u don't want to do it don't bother him with it
Death comes once every thousand years to take any souls he desires for 10 days, how well you survive when the next time he comes is in 2 days??
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Rich at 9:26PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
I'm just giving him some advice that will make it easier for him to find an artist. If I was bothering him, I'd have included some four letter words.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon