Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Brian Germain Creator of Moonshadow In da Hizzzouse!
Dark_Elf_Designs at 9:09PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
So like I said I am Brian Germain I founded Dark Elf Designs and Created MoonShadow and several other titles. I like swordfighting, swimming, reading, being a nerd… Oh wait I don't necessarily like that that is more just the state of things. Umm let's see I like to draw, write, paint, sculpt, I used to love climbing trees but … I love being a new dad. let's see, I hate it when people say they want to do comics and they want to make it in the comic business but they aren't barely even willing to promote themselves or do near what it takes to do so. hmmm ummm… let's see Oh I know something I am excited about I just threw the Biggest Comic book/pop-culture convention in Mid-Michigan! and the first one in over 20 years! it was sweet it was called XcapeCON1 the information is still up on the XcapeCON site I haven't reset it for XcapeCON2 just yet but I will soon so if you wanna see what was there head on over there.. hmmm what else about me. I'm not a huge sports fan but if I have to pick 49'ers, lions, tigers, pistons, redwings, UofM (sorry Robbie, and chicago bulls I guess. used to be a steelers fan.

hmmm I usually would rather play a video game dealing with sports than watch them on tv and I would much rather go see something live than watch it on tv. in fact I usually only watch about 3 or 4 games a year if that. I do like the olympics however, Fencing, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Martial arts, Bobsledding, Luge, Figure Skating, speed skating, and track and field mostly.

there that's enugh abou me but please feel free to ask something.

And Hey all I would like to thank you in advance for reading this and then stopping by my little spot on Drunk Duck and reading my comic MoonShadow http://www.drunkduck.com/MoonShadow_number_zero/

and subsequently checking out my website!
www.darkelfdesigns.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Lord Shplane at 9:30PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
Too comic-pluggy.

QUICK, TALK ABOUT YOURSELF BEFORE THIS GETS MOVED TO HEY EVERYONE, LOOK WHAT I DID!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:42PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
He has red in his avatar. That shouldn't work.

Hey, anyway.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
Steely Gaze at 5:30AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
It's true; this thread is to introduce yourself, not your comics.

Still, welcome anyways and since it appears as though your just getting into the forums, I advise you to avoid the cola.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Dark_Elf_Designs at 11:31AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
I did introduce myself I said as the whole title of my post as a matter of fact lol. I am Brian Germain… ok sheesh about myself well there are a dozen or more websites and about half a dozen newspaper articles and a myspace page www.myspace.com/briangermain that is all about me. So what can I say top introduce myself that is not everywhere else. How about, I met Dan Mehlhern from Morning squirts and he and Brandon Clark (also the creators of Slim Red Ninja thought I should post in the forums and it's been quite some time for me to get around to it because I am busy as three people usually, so I finally got a chance and just wanted to say hey. as for the appropriate thread to introduce my comics, I am not sure where that is yet but the point is I feel that My comics are a very good introductioin of me, I do them for the love of them and I am trying to get to a point where i don't have to have a day job and I can only do artwork to make ends meet. I love comics and graphic novel and literature of all kinds (though most autobiographies make me wanna sleep). I love movies, and I love and teach swordfighting. there is alot ot say I guess but I thought if i said too much, not unlike an autobiography you might be sleeping by now. I would much rather have you read my comics or buy them.

Beyond that this is a new topic thread that I started so I figure that we can discuss me at length over time if someone were so inclined. But honestly as interesting as I might be (can you see the grin?), I think you'd like my comics more.
Custard Trout at 12:35PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
I'm not reading that goddamn essay and I'm not reading your stupid comic, so I'm just going to sit here and be unnecessarily hostile for no reason whatsoever.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
subcultured at 3:05PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
hey dood, you made it!
<—guy who used to do “bilaran wars”
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:15PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
Dark_Elf_Designs
I did introduce myself I said as the whole title of my post as a matter of fact lol. I am Brian Germain… ok sheesh about myself well there are a dozen or more websites and about half a dozen newspaper articles and a myspace page www.myspace.com/briangermain that is all about me. So what can I say top introduce myself that is not everywhere else. How about, I met Dan Mehlhern from Morning squirts and he and Brandon Clark (also the creators of Slim Red Ninja thought I should post in the forums and it's been quite some time for me to get around to it because I am busy as three people usually, so I finally got a chance and just wanted to say hey. as for the appropriate thread to introduce my comics, I am not sure where that is yet but the point is I feel that My comics are a very good introductioin of me, I do them for the love of them and I am trying to get to a point where i don't have to have a day job and I can only do artwork to make ends meet. I love comics and graphic novel and literature of all kinds (though most autobiographies make me wanna sleep). I love movies, and I love and teach swordfighting. there is alot ot say I guess but I thought if i said too much, not unlike an autobiography you might be sleeping by now. I would much rather have you read my comics or buy them.

Beyond that this is a new topic thread that I started so I figure that we can discuss me at length over time if someone were so inclined. But honestly as interesting as I might be (can you see the grin?), I think you'd like my comics more.

Your entire life is a cliche.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
amanda at 4:07PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
Ack, get out of my hizzzouse!
I mean, welcome. Please help yourself to some Christmas pudding.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
crazyninny at 6:43PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
Some one, for real, get me some Hi-C!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Dark_Elf_Designs at 11:14PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
Hey you can't stand there and insult me! It's much easier to insult while you're sitting :) besides did you take cuts in front of all those other people waiting to insult me?

actually I am really stumped by puffs line “your entire life is a cliche” thing…. My mind will be going on what exactly that means (if anything) to me… I am not sure if he is just giving me information I already know or if he is giving you all information you already know or if he just has a dramatic flair for stating the ovbious or if in fact through cliche he has cleverly hidden some form of interpersonal meaning in that message. The iron of ironicism is that it's ironic.

Custard Trout
I'm not reading that goddamn essay and I'm not reading your stupid comic, so I'm just going to sit here and be unnecessarily hostile for no reason whatsoever.
AQua_ng at 9:00AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I got confused, so I'm just going to say hi.

Hi.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:58AM
Dark_Elf_Designs at 11:59AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Yeah! thanks man I didn't even know you were on here we need to chat about Dark Elf Stuff a.s.a.p. too especially if you have something ready to go to print!

subcultured
hey dood, you made it!
<—guy who used to do “bilaran wars”
Dark_Elf_Designs at 2:04PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
I got confused, so I'm just going to say hi.

Hi.

Hello! thanks for stoppiung by to learn about… well me? I must admit I feel weird talking about myself just for purposes of talking about myself. I guess it's sort of a self taught humility meets the need to promote yourself as an artist type problem.
Dark_Elf_Designs at 2:38PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I just thought about something I can say about myself. I hate most forums because of the fact that they are way too “Clicky” it seems that many people judge forum posters by the amount of posts they make. The problem with that is it isn't the amount of posts that someone makes that should make the difference as many people guilty of having tions of posts are just making useless three line posts. Now once in awhuile I must admit I do post when i have not a whole lot to say but very often my posts are either passionate and from the heart, or well thought out, or at least in someway useful and or informative. So when I see posts that look as thought they were obviously put there because someone just has no better use of theri time I think about how I am busy at working on comic content and my family life and my home life 18 hours a day, and very often more than that. It makes me proud in a way of my motivation. it makes me jealous because I wish I had that much time to waste, and it makes me sad for the person who has nothing to say and doesn't seem to realize that Time in and of itself is a very precious commodity that decreases with age. I am only 34 but age isn't a maximum qualifier for when you bite the big one. My friend Mike Groleau was a great artist and the same age as me and passed away suddenly from complications involving a brain tumor when he was just reaching around 30 years old. so in short life is precious folks judge people on their actions mostly and sometimes their words but NEVER on how many posts they are able to make in a 24 hour period. For instance I have been a member of Penciljack for a loooooong time. But because I don't post as often as some people those people are free to abuse their privileges and I can't even get the penciljack peopl to enforce their own rules when it comes to those people because they have more posts. retarded when you think about it. if a forum won't enforce it's own rules. at any rate if this tell;s you anything about me I am huge fan of “fair play” I would like to model my life afte r superman or some other goody two shoes superhero however since I am only human after all I just try to be the best me I can be.
ElTipejoLoco at 1:03AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
Whoazgmn. I have no idea what's going on here. I mean, sure, the topic name introduces you, but… the content doesn't. But apparently mods/admins know you so I doubt that your post will be moved, especially since the fact that your latter posts include… well, in Trout's words, “essays” about yourself…

Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me. This thread is all about saying hi, what's up, hope you have a good time in DrunkDuck. But I would like to point out…

… that it probably doesn't look very good to everyone else when it seems that most newcomers don't seem to take any time to read rules and stickied messages at the beginning of a thread. Which is probably why people are sitting around being ‘openly hostile for no good reason’.

You do seem to enjoy typing a lot, and you do bring a sort of good point about people judging posters by how many posts they have (not to mention having something against people that write three sentences per post or something)… but I think the bigger thing they're… uh… “Clicky” (Is this some new internet term for “picky and prejudiced?” Am I that out of the loop?) about is the fact that it seems they don't care much for reading beforehand.

But anyway, hi, what's up, and hope the rest of your stay is okay.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Dark_Elf_Designs at 10:50AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
actually what I meant by “Clicky” was alluding to the fact that they are all just one big Clique however Cliquey just looked wrong to me. I didn't really see anyone here as being openly hostile to me here. however I do notice that I have a severe lack of interest in whether they are or aren't. people are what they are and will be what they will be abd do as they choose. My only defense was I believe that by me saying hey I'm Brian Germain creator of MoonShadow was enough of an introduction for people who don't know me well in the first place. usually if I introduce myself to someone at a convention I say “Hi I am Brian Germain from Dark Elf Designs.” which is no less obscure or non effective. In fact by stating this usually people ask me questions about myself and I find answering questions about myself much easier to answer than just talking about me off the cuff. so I wanted to introduce myselr and that is what the rules called for (I did read them) and it did say this was to talk about yourself not your comic but I didn't think it meant talk about yourself and only yourself and say nothign about your comic in this thread ever. because my first question to anyone whose thread I might hop in would be, So do you work on a comic too? and if so what is it. In fact for me that bit of information about somebody is very useful and tell me very much about the person themselves. For instacne if you have ever read morning squrtz you'd know that Dan and Brandon have sick senses of humor, and at the same time it's hilarious. while if you ever read my comics you'd probably think I liked silver age and at the same time know I liked superheroes and fantasy.

So while I may get upset by someone being openly hostile to me on forums I tend to try to ignore the ignorant, and thereby doing so become a little ignorant myself but at the same time I don't get worried when someone is critiquing something of mine because basically everyone has an opinion that there entitled too even if it is without basis and for no reason whatsoever.

So honestly I don't really care if the post is moved, because the content of the thread DOES talk about me and either way man in a hundred years no one will care anyway. as for knowing the Mods. I guess I do know one of them but I wasn't really aware i knew one of them until I posted in the forums. but actually the one that I do know I have been associated with for like I guess nearly 5 years or more. And I didn't even know he was a mod here so I guess that means I need to keep in better contact with him…

My bad.

But hey man thanks for the Hello and welcome. it seems that you know how to type plenty of words. and I think that anyone that can type around 50 words per minute should use that to their advantage and take the time to say something so thank you very much for having something to say. As a writer and an Artist I appreciate it.

ElTipejoLoco
Whoazgmn. I have no idea what's going on here. I mean, sure, the topic name introduces you, but… the content doesn't. But apparently mods/admins know you so I doubt that your post will be moved, especially since the fact that your latter posts include… well, in Trout's words, “essays” about yourself…

Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me. This thread is all about saying hi, what's up, hope you have a good time in DrunkDuck. But I would like to point out…

… that it probably doesn't look very good to everyone else when it seems that most newcomers don't seem to take any time to read rules and stickied messages at the beginning of a thread. Which is probably why people are sitting around being ‘openly hostile for no good reason’.

You do seem to enjoy typing a lot, and you do bring a sort of good point about people judging posters by how many posts they have (not to mention having something against people that write three sentences per post or something)… but I think the bigger thing they're… uh… “Clicky” (Is this some new internet term for “picky and prejudiced?” Am I that out of the loop?) about is the fact that it seems they don't care much for reading beforehand.

But anyway, hi, what's up, and hope the rest of your stay is okay.
Dark_Elf_Designs at 8:29PM, Dec. 20, 2007
(offline)
Some More updates to look at and I have been up to 80 hits in a day like unique but for some reason I can't break that hundred barrier. At any rate for group of people who wanted me to talk about me there sure isn't much interested in what I should say about me… here we go something most people don't always know I did Rocky horror picture show on stage several times I was rocky. Only minus the gold shorts so I wore red. Hows that for TMI
Custard Trout at 7:39AM, Dec. 21, 2007
(offline)
You don't need to write in this thread with one of your delightful grammar-less essays every time you update you know.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon