Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Catastrophic site crash took my MoJo
tiki_carol at 8:11AM, Aug. 13, 2010
(online)
Last Sunday morning, Aug 8th, my main site went down during a Comic Press update. After trying to log into the word press account to no avail I tried the hosting account and was informed I need to get a hold of Tec Support.
Well, as such is the case in these matters, the hosting site blamed the update and specifically the incompatibility of the plug-ins with the update.

Knee jerk solution was to direct the .com here to DD where my flagship comic is mirrored.

The sad part is that the ad revenue was starting to show a little promise on the main site, which frankly was the reason for perusing this project in the first place.

Yes, I’m having a pity party for me.

The good that has come out of the angst and stress I’ve put myself through over the last few days is this:

I’ve taken the time to look over the comics I’ve been working on and though I’m fairly happy with the art, and characters, the story line is bull shit. Written 15 years ago it may have been pertinent then, but it has no bearing and no relate-ability to today’s audience.

So here’s the plan.
I’ll be stretching out the strips I now have loaded up to a MWF schedule, or maybe even a TT schedule and do 2 or 3 more strips to tie close this bugger.

Take some time off to clear my head and come up with as one poster put it: A “Monsters bashing each other with nailed ball bats” story. (paraphrased).

Maybe I’m just too old for this game.

I feel like crap right now and am going to have a beer and sit in the sun though it’s only 11:00 AM here as I type this.

Thanks to those who actually read Randi.

I’ll still be around to read my Favs.

tiki_carol
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Kallisti at 2:53AM, Aug. 14, 2010
(offline)
Have you tried archive.org? It has some problems with wordpress/comicpress sites, but you may still be able to get some or all of your old site back. Also, did your database corrupt? Because if it's just a databse thing, you should be able to install a new “site” over the old one and reconnect to the original database, pulling up all the old posts and stuff (you'll still need the comic files back though).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
tiki_carol at 5:14PM, Aug. 15, 2010
(online)
Thanks for the suggestion Kallisti, I'll be looking into that for possible future use.

My Husband and I are currently in talks with some creative folks that like the Randi concept and may want to reshuffle what I have. I'll keep everyone posted on how this all goes.
Things are looking brighter for now.
Larry at 11:22AM, Aug. 17, 2010
(offline)
That's good to hear. I hope tings work out for you!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
tiki_carol at 5:48PM, Aug. 17, 2010
(online)
Wheeeeeeell
THAT was pretty short lived.

They (who will go un-named) made it sound like an awesome DONE deal, so I took everything off the net.

Then I got called back and “They” said They'd take it but it had to be 600 PX or less wide and under 120K per.

gimme a brake.

Oh, and only gif or .jpg.
(Randi's in .png)

Picture that Tornado “thought balloon” that Randi has had on occasion and THAT is ME right now.

good-grief
gimme strength.

This whole fiasco would make a great strip idea if anyone wants to draw it up.
Salsa at 7:14PM, Aug. 17, 2010
(offline)
Sorry to hear about that. I plan on building any site I'd use my self so I can maintain it and any compatibility problems vanish.

I'll comply and take Randi off the list.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon