Networking & Community Projects*

Comic Artists wanted for flash comic magazine thingie
Nergal at 10:15PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
Don't let the title fool you. This ain't nothin nice or flashy. Just a rinky dinky project I'm planning. I was basically going to do it by myself anyway but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for interest here.

What is it?
Basically it's just a little flash site I'm setting up. I want it to be something like Jump where new issues come out on a schedule (aiming for monthly) but I'd like it to feature various different comic titles. I'm also hoping for it to have different articles and bonus stuff too.

What are you looking for?
Basically just comics. I'd like serials but self contained stories are also great.
I'd also like it to be for a general audiences right now. Any style and genre is fine. Just PQ me or reply with your interest and I'll contact you.

Why would I do this?
For fun. That's what I'm doing it for. Also because I want to learn flash and improve my drawing skills.

How long can the comics be?
Just not ridiculously long you know. If you have a comic over like 50 pages I'd suggest breaking it up to run in another issue.

Can I host my comics elsewhere?
Of course.

Will it be printed?
Nope it is for online only.

Do I get paid?
No. It's just for fun.

What do you need from me?
Just send me a zip of your files for me to compile into the flash pages.

Is there a standard for artwork?
Artwork, no. But it has to be legible and I'd like it to be a little polished.
Just go by my comics as example. My artwork ain't pro but I do at least spend a little time cleaning 'em up.

Do I give up any rights to you?
Your comic is yours and I have no ownership of it. There is something I'd like you to allow me to do to it though: I want to edit out any spelling mistakes or at least be able to tell you to fix it without fuss and I'd like to be able to use your artwork as clipart for covers and table of contents and anywhere else in the magazine. You of course will always be credited.

Who will read this magazine?
Just me at the moment. Don't worry about exposure. Just do it for fun?

Can I see an example?
Here you go. It's the preview issue.

Who asked all these questions?
Me. I'm bored. Feel free to ask me any.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:11PM
threeeyeswurm at 2:59PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(offline)
Hey, this sounds cool. I am definitely interested. Check out my comic to let me know if you are interested.

What do you have planned in terms of promoting the site? What do you have for the site so far?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Nergal at 4:36PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Hey thanks for takin' an interest. Your comic is really great. I'd love for it to be a part of this.

As for promoting the site, I haven't really thought of it. I'll post at various forums and link off my site but that's about it. I can't really afford to do ads. It's something I'll have to think more about. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of also making a comic here that updates every time a new issue comes out but I'm not sure.

The site is still in the works. Here is a really rough draft of what the magazine will be like.
http://flash.neggie.com
The actual site will have more navigation and other things. There is a lot I can do with it. Also I'd like the magazine to be rather lengthy. I haven't set the page dimensions yet so some of it may look a little off. I was going to wait to see if anyone else was interested before I set a standard for it.

Also that's not the title. I haven't picked a title yet. As you can see I'm not very good at it so if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

threeeyeswurm at 1:20PM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
Hey sorry for the late reply. I totally forgot about this thread.

I actually like the rough draft of what you have. Not that fond of the sound effect but like the concept. I would like to push it further.

As for promotion, I didn't mean ads. In fact ads are definitely not the first thing I would go to for a new website. However, you do need to have some plans for promotion (or demonstrate that the comics will receive some exposure) in order to get artists interested.

As for the title, it needs to be something that ties all of the comics together. Either a common theme or something. It wouldn't be a good idea for you to have vastly different comics in the same magazine (diversity is good, but it needs to look coherent).

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Nergal at 8:14AM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
Hey thanks for your reply.

I'm definitely gonna change the sound effects for the final product. Don't worry.
I'm still messing around with it all.

I was just doing this for fun so I haven't really thought of exposure. I'm not very good at that. I'm discussing with some of the other people who have taken interest though so hopefully we can come up with something. We'll also try to come up with the title too.

I understand your point of keeping a coherent theme and I'd really like that but right now I'm taking whoever has shown interest because not many have. (Otherwise it will just be all my comics and I don't want that at all).

Anyway, Thanks for your help. Hopefully you can see something soon.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon