Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Comment on the Art Belonging to the Person Above You!!
Doodstormer at 10:54AM, Oct. 13, 2010
(online)
I like it! It's very clean, especially for what I'm assuming is pencilwork. His face strikes me as a bit… empty, like it's missing something. That's probably just me though, and that doesn't really detract from the picture itself. I like it.

Goblins and robots are my two favorite subjects. There aren't any robots in this picture though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Tantz_Aerine at 2:59PM, Nov. 10, 2010
(online)
This is a fun pic! Vibrant colours, and a layout that lets you know immediately what is going on. Well done!

Here's my lineart of one of the main characters from my fantasy books, Aaron, a sorcerer. His non-sword arm is going to be casting a spell when the pic is done :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
Kaji Motomiya at 1:14AM, Nov. 11, 2010
(online)
You can truly tell by the details of the art that he's old, but still strong and kicking. The foldings, indents, and details on the clothing are very impressive! For a line art without environment, shading, or color at all, this picture still tells a lot.

One of my earlier sketches, drawn during my third or second year in High School (I should be second year in college by now…SHOULD be), this is a character for a .hack//G.U. RP I joined YEARS ago. However, the style back then is greatly different than it is now…
Please gobble me kindly!
~-~
“Prepare to die, eggbear!!” - Karol Capel (and Yuri Lowell…in the funniest manner), Tales of Vesperia

- Being a toy makes a difference…right?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:53AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
I can see that it's an older because it's a little awkward in the line work and body drawings for manga.

All in all it's better for an older sketch than some other people's old stuff.

This Next image is the essence of awesome.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Beelzy at 11:48PM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
Did you just make his head bigger on purpose? I can see some pencil marks… Anyways, his right foot seems to be pointing in the wrong direction, or it just somehow looks funny to me, and the perspective has caused his left arm to look horribly distorted. Actually, both arms look a bit distorted. And the thumb should be facing in the opposite direction.

Anyways, here's something I drew for Halloween.

Turn up the monitor for best results.

Pauca sed matura.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
Kroatz at 2:27PM, Jan. 5, 2011
(online)
It reminds me a bit of Caliber, with the art of Garrie Gastonny. The seriousness of the image is accompanied brilliantly by the cheeky moon hovering in the background. I like it. I wouldn't like to have this guy skulking about near my house…

This is a piece of art I made for a superhero webcomic coming to DD in a year or two.
Click for best results.

The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Salsa at 3:16PM, Jan. 5, 2011
(offline)
Very nice texture on the fabric over his mouth. Some of the colors are a little muddy, especially the skin tones. The hair has some nice detail and depth to it.

Link to the big version so you can see all of my mistakes.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
AshenSkye at 9:08PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(offline)
Like the nose. It's a nice break from the usual pointy noses. I think the shading is consistent on her and she has cool hair. Only thing I could guess to being off is she seems slightly off balance. But her feet are below the edge and the leg she's standing on may have its foot directly below her head for all I know.

I say good job. =)

Fan art I did recently of a World of Warcraft Hippogryph:

Personally, I think a good bit of it is too scrawny and its hind legs are too long. =/
Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle!
My Webcomic: Just Another Day, Online since 2009
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
darthfurby at 7:13PM, Feb. 2, 2011
(online)
I like the detail work, good pose, with my favorite part being the head/beak. The line flow in the wings, tail and furry neck area are a bit unsteady/uneven(drawing from the shoulder would create a graceful and smooth line), otherwise very nice drawing. I see an illustrator.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
The Hamburglar at 1:34AM, Feb. 25, 2011
(online)
darthfurby
I like the detail work, good pose, with my favorite part being the head/beak. The line flow in the wings, tail and furry neck area are a bit unsteady/uneven(drawing from the shoulder would create a graceful and smooth line), otherwise very nice drawing. I see an illustrator.

VERY PERKY!

NOPE
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Snevilly at 7:11AM, June 12, 2011
(online)
He looks like he's up to no good! :) Also, I <3 FaceSpace. :3

A self portrait
One or two of them might just make you giggle: MyInstagram, projectBlog, andRPG Blog
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 1:16AM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
Nice, very niiiice! Good use of colour and I love the freckles! The anatomy is a little off, the eyes are a tad far apart (but are very good in shape!) and the nose a little strange, but the lips, my god, they're perfect.

wooo… my tuuuurrrnnnn… So this is a work in progress, I haven't NEARLY finished it, still got the background and the rest of the neck and shoulders to go, but yeah…

of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
xMegalynx at 6:54PM, Aug. 8, 2011
(offline)
OnlyFoolsandVikings—I can't see yourpicture because for some reason it's not available to me—but I'd love to review it if you have a better link!
Here's mine:
Lopriest at 1:06PM, Aug. 26, 2011
(online)
Great sketch. Good expression and pose. Like the details like the torn sleeves and the windy hair.
Here's a recent image that's fairly suitable to all audiences.
Memai at 12:55AM, Aug. 31, 2011
(offline)
Lightings a bit off in place, but hey, it's a well rendered work! Good job :>
Here's mine:
devlinsaints at 10:41AM, Sept. 13, 2011
(online)
TOP: I'm lucky, Black and whites are on the top of my list of styles. Your line work is great, I can tell you been at it. The expression on the kids sell: SAD (at least to me) I might be looking too close but the females hair, did you do that afterward, it looks off somehow, but not enough to make a deference. I love it!
Mine: I made this guy when I was feeling violent, I think it shows.
last edited on Sept. 13, 2011 10:43AM
Zappit Toons at 4:47PM, Oct. 5, 2011
(online)
Not bad on the colors, dev - I would hold back on the glow - it clashes with the card background a bit too much.
Okay - here's a sketch of mine.
espcomix at 11:20AM, Jan. 24, 2012
(online)
nice clean work,i like it.

http://www.drunkduck.com/user/espcomix/
last edited on Jan. 24, 2012 11:28AM
Evil_Hare at 6:54AM, April 9, 2012
(online)
Sweet! Your style reminds me of Miller's art in Ronin. Great line work, very funky use of color!
This is a shot from Return to Moonshadow, which I'm drawing entirely in ball point pen as a challenge.
Skar at 8:47AM, April 16, 2012
(online)
Hey, I remember your picture here before, and now it's not, and I did some digging and it's like your account got suspended or something, but I remember it being pretty sick looking (and interesting enough to check out your other stuff)
huzza:

this is a character from my comic in a chibi-ish drawing.
was looking at the blu-ray cover of Okami-san while drawing it, slightly
copying the style. been kind of stuck on what to draw for the
background, but I think I got my objective of cute down
kentuckyfriedpopcorn at 10:09AM, April 17, 2012
(online)
^ Definitely cute! I'm assuming her eyes are *supposed* to be different colors? Anyway, I like the simplicity of it - The simple, straightforward tones and colors. She has character. It also has a more hand-drawn, hand-colored look that appeals to an old-school natural media artist like myself.
Here's my contribution:

This is the villain of the currently-running storyline in my KFP comic. He takes great delight in his work. FWIW, I don't really go for elaborate backgrounds and effects in my work - Mostly I focus on trying to create expressive linework and simple, elegant grey scales.
ATBL at 12:58PM, May 8, 2012
(online)
Muahaha. Kinda reminds me of JTHM. Well done, Aurora.

Here's my image, did it a while back as I'm sure you can guess. Sorry, it would appear that I don't have any without the title in there. Do you get the reference?

kyupol at 2:17PM, May 8, 2012
(online)
looks like haloween came a little early ^^ Nice use of negative space… and that skeleton costume really stands out in contrast to that black background
_________
Ekaetriana at 7:33PM, Sept. 18, 2012
(online)
I really like the gesture-esque look of these dogs! They are both realistic and stylish at the same time.
Here's mine. I still need to learn about drawing hands- after all these years, I am still bad. And I don't know why she's holding her stomach. I just randomly drew her holding her stomach. : /
bjc at 9:34PM, Oct. 9, 2012
(online)
I like bikini babes, so I drew the girl in the previous post.
StrawberryMilk at 1:29AM, Nov. 24, 2012
(online)
I like the shading and the proportions are really good Nice job :D
I havn't drawn much recently, and I don't really draw anything in colour..ever
This is Alibaba from the manga Magi.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Those_With_Wings/
because who needs banners?!
ATBL at 12:51PM, March 13, 2013
(online)
@Straberrymilk: Nice character study. Have you thought about coloring it? The head on the bust in the top right corner is a tad off center, though. This is a problem I frequenlty have, myself. I hold the page up to the light and look through the back of the paper and it helps me catch things like that.
Here's the cover to a series I illustrated like, over a year ago, but is just now being put online. It's called The Speculum of Time.

last edited on March 13, 2013 1:00PM
resleander at 7:42PM, Aug. 5, 2013
(offline)
I love it. Id like a poster of it!
Good work on the pose of the figure and the how the arm comes closer! I know thats pretty hard to do! Overall the picture reminds me of a mirror I used to have at home. The mirror had a small plastic border, and when I would look in the mirror, I would see myself, my iris, my pupil, the white border of the mirror in the reflection of my pupil, myself again, my iris again, my pupil again and finall the white border of the mirror again. Im sure the image continued, but it was simply too small to see. Ill check out the link!
Today I fixed an old painting I did a year ago. Not really sure about it yet. Ill have to see it with fresh eyes in the morning. Not sure Im happy with the lighting.
shinka at 6:33PM, Jan. 25, 2014
(online)
Awesome coloring and artwork.
Fine lines and details.
Very good work here.
—————————————
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Akacya_The_Bounty_Hunter/

SCI-FI/ACTION Webcomic. Rated 16 (violence font-size: x-small;">Main website :http://akacya-thebountyhunter.weebly.com/
mizu25 at 9:57AM, March 26, 2014
(online)
shinka wrote:
Awesome coloring and artwork.
Fine lines and details.
Very good work here.
—————————————

I absolutely adore the colors! The top scene with the character in front of the moon, gorgeous. I really like it!!!

here is mine, i hope I'm follwing the rules right…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon