Networking & Community Projects*

Community Project: Mimeicide. Project Coordinator/writer seeks DD artists.
Randal at 11:33AM, June 1, 2010
(offline)
Q: What is Mimeicide?

A: Mimeicide is a concept which involves me writing scenarios in which a mime (or mimes) is inadvertently the cause of his own or another mimes demise. This comic is a paradox for me. Mimes aren't really my thing, in fact I find them annoying. But I love when a comic story is shown through pantomime, where 100% of the writing comes through in the art, as opposed to dialog and narration.

Q: Who's drawing this?

A: Ideally, a bunch of you. While I will be writing the majority of the strips (at least at first), the artist will change for each comic. In concept, the artist would never be the same.

Q: But what if I liked doing it and wish to draw another?

A: While the concept is a different artist every update, I would have to look at the list of people who wish to contribute. If it is long, you'd be able to contribute again, just not right away… if the list is short, you will be featured more often.

Q: I have my own idea for writing a strip, would you ever think about using my idea?

A: I will certainly take it into consideration. If it is good, most likely. If it's something I've already thought of, but contains a new twist that adds to the comic, I will try to merge the two ideas into one. If it's better than mine and makes me insanely jealous… we'll cross that bridge when we come to it… >_>

Q: how often would this comic update?

A: Again. This depends on how many are willing to participate and how often I can come up with fun ways to commit Mimeicide. Ideally, we're looking at once a week. But there are a lot of good artists here… (enough to get 2 featured comics per week) It all comes down to the demand for participation.

Q: Is there a format?

A: Yes. The format has nothing to do with degree of art talent. It just has to feel “Mimey”. Mimes generally wear black and white with a touch of color, usually red. So that is how the comic should look. Black and white with a touch of red.

Q: My art kind of sucks, can I still participate?

A: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Art is subjective. I've read comics by people who absolutely hate how they draw, but there was something about it that I just loved. However, there will be some requirements. Mainly, If you can get an idea across without writing little boxes with arrows that say “running” or “putting hands up to an invisible wall”, then you're probably going to do well.

Q: I don't know if I can do that. Am I still out?

A: It doesn't hurt to ask. This is partly meant to be a fun challenge to artists to see how they can overcome storytelling challenges purely through what they draw on the page. If you've never done pantomime storytelling, this will certainly help you get better at it. If you read my comments (and to anyone reading this, odds are I've commented on your comic or you read one that I comment on) I'm generally very positive, I always try to look at the best in a comic.

Q: I have more questions, but this appears to be the end of the FAQ. What do I do?

A: leave a comment with your questions. Since I'm going to be monitoring this thread for people who wish to participate, I will also see your questions. There are no stupid questions… but if there is one you feel embarrassed to ask, send me a PQ.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:14PM, June 1, 2010
(offline)
one panelers? I can do those easy. I'll try and help but I'm not very dependable.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
alwinbot at 6:52PM, June 1, 2010
(offline)
I'd like to help if I can.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Randal at 7:11AM, June 2, 2010
(offline)
I Am The 1337 Master
one panelers? I can do those easy. I'll try and help but I'm not very dependable.

See, that's the rub with pantomime. It's not something you can generally do with one panel. It usually requires a series of panels. We shall see.
El Cid at 3:46PM, June 2, 2010
(online)
Ha ha! I did a mimeicide comic once! I could probably do a strip for you, but you'd have to give me about a week's advance notice… and it would help if it doesn't suck…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Randal at 2:26AM, June 5, 2010
(offline)
El Cid
Ha ha! I did a mimeicide comic once! I could probably do a strip for you, but you'd have to give me about a week's advance notice… and it would help if it doesn't suck…

Heh. that's along the lines of what I'm talking about, though a bit too colorful for Mimeicide. The first mime in a box one I thought of was not a drowning, but he found that the invisible walls were closing in on him and in the last panel he's been compacted like a car compactor or those cardboard crushers.
Hapoppo at 9:00AM, June 5, 2010
(online)
I wouldn't mind doing a page, providing you put me at least a couple weeks on the backburner (In other words, let other artists go first; I'm not asking for anyone to wait for me)… I've got a lot going on right at the moment, but I should be free in the not-too-distant future.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Randal at 1:18AM, June 8, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to wait until my laptop is fixed. I don't think I could manage 2 comics while depending on using other family members computers, which means spotty availability.
Genejoke at 5:38AM, June 8, 2010
(online)
I can do something easy enough. whenever ready just send me the script, or description as that maybe more accurate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
photobyjt at 9:21AM, June 15, 2010
(online)
I'd like to contribute too. I'm speaking too soon but I think my son might be interested too. I'll let him know - it would be more experience for him.

Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:08PM, June 15, 2010
(offline)
yeah it was supposed to ask if you were doing any one panelers.

i may be able to do strips and such…
may…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Joneko at 6:27PM, June 20, 2010
(online)
This looks hilarious. I'd love to get in on this if you still need people, though I don't have any examples of “mimey” art at the ready per se. Give me a week and I could give you one. (Not because that's my turnaround time…I'd just sick at the moment.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Randal at 6:59PM, July 1, 2010
(offline)
I'm having a bit of trouble getting all five of my Brick updates for a week done between Friday night and Sunday night. Once this is ironed out, I will be submitting scripts to volunteers. I want to thank everyone who has offered so far.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon