Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Crazy DD dream....
json at 12:59AM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
i couldn't sleep at all last night. i kept having the most insane dreams that didn't make any sense.

i kept dreaming that someone was rate-bombing my comic. voting 2's on all my pages without explanation or critique. and when i would PQ the person they would come back and rate all my pages a 1. it was so bizzare that i had to actually check my comic to make sure it hadn't happened for real…….

rate-bombing books existed in ‘03. where people would rate a page a 1 just to bump their own book. is it a problem now? i don’t have a problem if someone doesn't like a page i posted and feels it should be rated low….but at least give a reason or criticism for it. but are people purposefully attacking books/strips to bump their own crap? (and i say crap…because asshats that pull these dirty underhanded schemes totally suck)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
mlai at 4:59AM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
Ratings no longer affect your comics' rank. It's just a decoration now.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
subcultured at 12:36PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
dd ownz yer soul
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Skullbie at 12:56PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
The only people who do it are people without comics themselves, so you can't do it back
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 1:10PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
The only people who do it are people without comics themselves, so you can't do it back

They should be banned: Make an example of ‘em. Json doesn’t deserve 2's, not even in a dream.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Skullbie at 1:26PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
They should be banned: Make an example of ‘em. Json doesn’t deserve 2's, not even in a dream.
Actually you can leave a 400+ word comment bashing and swearing out a persons comic in every way possible and still get another chance.
Ironscarfs Ghost at 1:41PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
Actually you can leave a 400+ word comment bashing and swearing out a persons comic in every way possible and still get another chance.

Shame on you! ;)

Seriously though, anybody who devotes that much effort to putting someone else's work down has some issues to deal with. It's gotta be constructive and to the point. If you can't say anything constructive, say nothing at all. Even if it is a dream!
Er……..boo!
lefarce at 7:57PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
This thread is filled with failure for not including my version of Ozone's DD dream.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
json at 8:23PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
HAHA! well, it's good to know that ratings have no effect or warrant on a comic's standing anymore. thankfully no one has been rating me unfairly, except in my dreams!

yes, DD owns my soul.
Ozoneocean at 8:57PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
lefarce
This thread is filled with failure for not including my version of Ozone's DD dream.
fixed:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Aurora Moon at 9:14PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Heh.

I haven't had any DD dreams in a while… but I do remember my last DD dream.

I dreamt that DD had come out with an game that featured the comic characters that was hosted on here. It would had been cool, expect that the game didn't really make sense. There was no set goals in the game at all, and it was like one of those sandbox games where you could do pretty much whatever. It was like a mixture of “Second life” and various morpgs I had played, expect that there wasn't monsters to fight or anytyhing. to level up our characters we had to challege each other to various minigames,etc. or create teams with others to play the bigger mini-games, like an chess game where all of our characters were the chess pieces. And in this chess game, if one of the characters tried to take over other's squares or to capture the opposing “pieces”, we were allowed to pretty much fight each other on the giant chess board.

I was in an chess team close the end, but the most memorable part of the dream was that I had been playing as my character Janice, and I had challeged Skullbie (who was playing as one of the girls from plastic) to DDR, and I lost. ^^; it was memorable in the sense that it was the part where everything was the clearest. when I woke up, the other parts were somewhat fuzzy. don't you hate it when that happens?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 9:47PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
Don't forget all the sexy DD dreams involving me. Everyone has those :)
Skullbie at 10:22PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
Aurora Moon
and I had challeged Skullbie (who was playing as one of the girls from plastic) to DDR, and I lost. ^^;
Seriously?! lol! Haha which one of my characters was I? And why'd you leave out the part were we made out…are you ashamed of my love? :(
usedbooks at 11:11PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
I have boring DD dreams. Like I dream that I've woken up, groggily check comments on my latest page, and go back to sleep. Sometimes I really do that and sometimes I just dream it. So when I actually wake up, I find myself disappointed that a person who I thought commented didn't – or a happily discover that someone left me a more interesting comment than I dreamed.

In addition to that, characters and authors from the comics I read here frequently show up in the background of my dreams. Often they seem to be having a more interesting adventure than I am. I'll be trying to get to the bank before it closes and brush past a villain in hot pursuit of a pair of characters. (I'd rush to help them, but I really need to deposit that check to cover the rent check I already mailed…) Or I'll see DD authors' books in the window of a bookstore and realize I don't have enough money to buy a copy.

I'm really just a bit player in my dreams. How pathetic is that? -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
lothar at 11:50PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
whats wrong with you people , i never dream about DD . all my dreams are about smashing things with a giant hammer , i'm normal !
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Ozoneocean at 12:01AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
lothar
whats wrong with you people , i never dream about DD . all my dreams are about smashing things with a giant hammer , i'm normal !
Thor?
kyupol at 2:35AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
I dreamt about DD before.

I was browsing through my comments and there was a string of messages for me. I forgot most of it but some of it looked like some sort of history lesson (the pre-Spanish era in the Philippines that isnt really talked about in the history books). The thing is, there is NO WAY I can verify what I was told for historical accuracy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Aurora Moon at 3:06AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
Aurora Moon
and I had challeged Skullbie (who was playing as one of the girls from plastic) to DDR, and I lost. ^^;
Seriously?! lol! Haha which one of my characters was I? And why'd you leave out the part were we made out…are you ashamed of my love? :(

I don't remember her name… I think she was the captain of the cheerleader squad in your story? long straight hair and stuff.

And we didn't make out… although you did demand that I take off my clothes and give them to you after you won. close enough? I complied without a second thought, and went about the rest of the dream in my underwear.

for some reason, in my dreams I tend to lose my sense of modesty. proof seems to be in the fact that whenever I dream, half of the time I'm always wandering around half-naked/whatever and blantly ingore people when they try to point out the fact that I'm naked/need clothes. or I'd be like: “Yeah, I am. so what?” It's sorta funny in that werid way when characters in my dreams seem to be more embrassed of that fact than I am.
I wonder why that is? I'm nothing like that in real life, I swear! ^^;;

ozoneocean
Don't forget all the sexy DD dreams involving me. Everyone has those!

Hahaha, I still remember the one about you and the DD chatroom. It was sort of bizzare how you were holding signs that had pictures of David Bowie and Cher. apparently you were a HUGE fan of them in my dream. My favortive part of that dream was when you asked me if I'd like to beat up all the David Bowie/Cher Haters, and handed me one of those signs to use as an weapon. LOL
That wasn't the strangest part though… it was the fact that I dreamed about the DD chatroom as if it was an ACTUAL ROOM, where people actually came to meet in person.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Lonnehart at 3:11AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
heh… I once dreamt that I was doing my comics, but I was writing/drawing them in the “Filipino” style instead of the current style I use. I guess those memories of using actual “Flip” comics as art references comes back to bite me in my dreams…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
ttyler at 6:07AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they're WEIRD!! I look to a day, where somebody creates some kind of recorder that would record the electric impulses of our minds at night….so we could play it back, or put it up on youtube in the mornings……wouldn't that be wild??
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
gigatwo at 7:51AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Sometimes, I dream that I have a webcomic. Someday….
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
crocty at 7:57AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
I've had dreams about a few DD girls…

<.<
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Skullbie at 12:41PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
I approve of Aurora Moon's kinky dreams And Tyler's awesome dream recorder idea. :)

crocty
I've had dreams about a few DD girls…

<.<
Ozone's a guy….

Ironscarfs Ghost at 1:08PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Aurora Moon
That wasn't the strangest part though… it was the fact that I dreamed about the DD chatroom as if it was an ACTUAL ROOM, where people actually came to meet in person.

?????:(

All my dreams are now shattered.
Er……..boo!
Aurora Moon at 3:48PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
ttyler
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they're WEIRD!! I look to a day, where somebody creates some kind of recorder that would record the electric impulses of our minds at night….so we could play it back, or put it up on youtube in the mornings……wouldn't that be wild??

you have no idea how many times I've wished for that to come true. :)
json at 8:07PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
lothar

mario in donkey kong?

usually my dreams involve zombie invasions or making a bus into a spaceship with my best friend to fight alien invader pirates.
Ryuthehedgewolf at 8:49PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
My dream about DD was awesome.
It was how my comic didn't suck.
I had like, 15 pages. Maybe.
I don't remember, but I had some fans and stuff.
It was a good dream.

I woke up, and I realized, my comic does suck, and I have no pages. And just a few fans.
How saddening.
Lmao.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
HippieVan at 9:17PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
I don't usually have dreams about DD, but I have had dreams about people from here. I can't remember any right now, though.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
draconia11 at 6:10PM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
json
i couldn't sleep at all last night. i kept having the most insane dreams that didn't make any sense.

i kept dreaming that someone was rate-bombing my comic. voting 2's on all my pages without explanation or critique. and when i would PQ the person they would come back and rate all my pages a 1. it was so bizzare that i had to actually check my comic to make sure it hadn't happened for real…….

rate-bombing books existed in ‘03. where people would rate a page a 1 just to bump their own book. is it a problem now? i don’t have a problem if someone doesn't like a page i posted and feels it should be rated low….but at least give a reason or criticism for it. but are people purposefully attacking books/strips to bump their own crap? (and i say crap…because asshats that pull these dirty underhanded schemes totally suck)
Ummm…its just a dream, and besides I don't think that people would do that because it really doesn't affect your rank ( i think).
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
MagickLorelai at 1:54AM, Oct. 15, 2008
(offline)
..Popping from the background of anonymity to actually POST something in the forums…

Dreams are really fascinating things. They often end up telling us a lot about our ongoing situation and what we're worried about/hoping for. If y'all are dreaming about DD, you need to think about what DD means to you, what the people here represent, and how you felt while the dream was going on.

What would be awesome is if, someday, there's a virtual-reality internet (like the one on that episode of Futurama) where chat rooms are actual “rooms”, and we can meet people semi-face-to-face. XD

On a more personal note, I've never dreamt about the Duck itself. I DO see characters occasionally popping up in my dreams, which is kinda cool.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon