Networking & Community Projects*

DNA Day Contest!
Jenshin at 10:06PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
I do this annually for National DNA Day, a holiday that very, very few have any idea about. To celebrate our DNA on April 25th, I'm holding a contest.

Draw, paint, carve, stitch, compose, bake, or basically create something that has to do with one of my characters that has the theme of DNA. The deadline is April 23rd. Send submissions via Private Quack, email, or ask me for my mailing address and I'll give it to you. The prize is - some Two Moons art, any art request, and a postcard or some stickers from Japan. Also you'll get featured on my website, so let me know where you want me to link to when you send the submission.

- Jenshin
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 4:51PM, April 6, 2009
(offline)
Why, on a day dedicated to the three feet of DeoxyriboNucleic Acid you have in every cell, would one draw characters from a very-likely-totally-unrelated webcomic to attempt to win an equally unrelated prize?

Honestly, kids these days…

Though, the stickers would be a bit nostalgic… I hated that place. I had some good friends there but the gas prices were nuts.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Jenshin at 4:23PM, April 8, 2009
(online)
To Puff Of Smoke:

Uhm.. Think twice before you start calling things you haven't even read yet “unrelated.”

Art done with DNA in mind is enough for me to consider the day well celebrated. And the website I make based on entries I intend to promote with the idea of respecting science that will have very little to do with my own comic. Mostly I want to get people thinking about DNA and being more aware of what scientific advances in the field of genetics are doing for us today in the world.

As for the prize, if I was going to hand out something related to DNA like, for example, some chunks of fresh meat, or some drops of my own blood, it wouldn't exactly be much of an incentive to get anyone to draw anything for the contest.

And finally, I'm not a kid. And thanks for dissing on the country I love.

- Jenshin
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 1:30PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
What I meant was that you basically mentioned your comic, DNA day, drawing pictures and prizes. Nothing of DNA. Only as a theme. With the restriction of your characters. Why not a picture solely of DNA?

To address the Japan thing, I merely stated my opinion about it. We're allowed to do that on the internet.

Jenshin
And finally, I'm not a kid.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon