Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do you remember your holidays?
same at 7:13PM, Dec. 28, 2009
(online)
I just recently remember staggering home after a long night of drinking on christmas and following that on boxing day with a donar kebab that dripped all over my new tshirt and having to leave the pub early to convince my family that i was indeed sober. After 5 beers, a bottle of sparkling perry and a jack and coke i think i did pretty well to walk in through the door make it the whole way up the stairs to play wii sports resort for 3 hours followed by forgetting whos house i was in and trying to go home. All in all a good holiday was had. Now for new years eve.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
seventy2 at 7:42PM, Dec. 28, 2009
(online)
The only thing i remember from last new years, is pissing on my roommates stuff. i don't truly remember that, just ‘“there’s piss everywhere” and then waking up 7 hours later….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
same at 8:48PM, Dec. 28, 2009
(online)
seventy2
The only thing i remember from last new years, is pissing on my roommates stuff. i don't truly remember that, just ‘“there’s piss everywhere” and then waking up 7 hours later….
Maybe they did it and just blamed the drunk?
seventy2 at 4:59AM, Dec. 29, 2009
(online)
i remember leaning against a wall and pissing…which happened to be the bathroom door….

but i didn't like this particular guy, so it was prolly a subconscious thing
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ozoneocean at 7:37AM, Dec. 29, 2009
(online)
Drinking in this heat leads to terrible hangovers of truly awful proportions… So yes, I do remember my holidays I've kept my alcohol consumption low.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
skoolmunkee at 10:40AM, Dec. 29, 2009
(offline)
I never, ever want to be a person who drinks so much they can't remember things, pee on/in things not the toilet, vomit, have raging hangovers, etc. Alcohol is nice when you've got a small buzz on and it changes your mood slightly. There's no reason to overdo it.

Then again I'm not a huge fan of drinking in the first place, mostly because I don't like the way it makes me feel less in control. so ymmv :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
same at 7:18PM, Dec. 29, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
I never, ever want to be a person who drinks so much they can't remember things, pee on/in things not the toilet, vomit, have raging hangovers, etc. Alcohol is nice when you've got a small buzz on and it changes your mood slightly. There's no reason to overdo it.

Then again I'm not a huge fan of drinking in the first place, mostly because I don't like the way it makes me feel less in control. so ymmv :]

Well thats respectable. But lets not start shunning anyone.
HippieVan at 8:23PM, Dec. 29, 2009
(online)
I fell asleep at maybe midnight on Christmas Eve(I went to bed early but was too excited to sleep) and then woke up at 5 am. After tearing open all of my presents I promptly fell asleep for a good part of the day.

So technically no, I guess I don't remember most of Christmas.

:)
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
bravo1102 at 8:29PM, Dec. 29, 2009
(offline)
All too well. There is not enough alcohol in the world to dim my memory. Needless to say I don't drink that much anymore. I kind of like pleasant memories and they are so much easier to achieve sober.

Only ever had one hangover in my entire life and that was at Christmas time during a National Guard Drill Weekend. Now I have them weekly (without any alcohol)because of that multiple concussion syndrome thing.

And now I can truly appreciate the aroma of that brandy, or the tart thick taste of my stout, or the fruity dryness of that wine as opposed to the blind Listerine alcohol taste of the hard stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
skoolmunkee at 3:17AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)
same
I wasn't shunning anyone, I was just saying I don't want to be a person who has those experiences. (Which happen to occur if someone overdrinks.) I didn't say “people who do that are terrible people and deserve x, y and z.” I don't really care what others do, as long as it doesn't start affecting me.

Anyway, aside from the alcohol thing, the name of the thread asked a general question “do you remember your holidays?” which Hippie has answered too! I have a pretty good situational memory so if I can remembe what I was doing that year I can usually remember some details about the holiday. Of course the older I get, the harder it is to remember earlier ones…. a couple years ago my sister dug up some home movies from when we were young, 7-9, and watching them was really strange because I didn't remember having any of the experiences on the tape (including the christmas part).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Ironscarf at 4:44PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)
Skoolmunkee
“same” Said:

I wasn't shunning anyone, I was just saying I don't want to be a person who has those experiences. (Which happen to occur if someone overdrinks.) I didn't say “people who do that are terrible people and deserve x, y and z.” I don't really care what others do, as long as it doesn't start affecting me.

Yeah - don't pick on Skool: us drunks need a level headed person like her with us when we forget where we live. Worse still is when you can find your way home, but the doorkey is bigger and the lock smaller than when you left, so you have to spend the night on your own doorstep until the lock expands and the key shrinks back down in the morning. Damn British weather.

Anyway, I remember everything about the holidays but I doubt It'll stand up in court.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
same at 5:27PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Skoolmunkee
“same” Said:

Yeah - don't pick on Skool: us drunks need a level headed person like her with us when we forget where we live. Worse still is when you can find your way home, but the doorkey is bigger and the lock smaller than when you left, so you have to spend the night on your own doorstep until the lock expands and the key shrinks back down in the morning. Damn British weather.

Anyway, I remember everything about the holidays but I doubt It'll stand up in court.

I wasnt picking on anyone. I was just making a joke about shunning pee'ers.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon