Networking & Community Projects*

Doing community service (fan/guest art, coloring, style examples inside)
Lifestream at 7:37AM, Feb. 3, 2007
(offline)
Hello everybody :) To impove my art skills (and because its fun) I'm currently wanting to do fan/guest art or comics. Im also open to just coloring comics or artwork, so pretty much anything goes. I know Im new here so I'll take pretty much anything at this point.

My style is heavily ‘manga-influenced’ so if you dont like that, I cant help you.

Heres some examples of some quick old things I did:

I can do full body shots with a background and fairly-detailed coloring.. like so:

Or plain headhots, with detailed coloring like so:

Or more pencily/sketchy style (more pencil-like than this one too):

Or pretty generic ‘anime-ish’ cell shading of several kinds:

I can do grayscale art too, if that fits your comic. Also your comic doesnt have to be manga-styled but my art wil be so keep that in mind. I do a variety of poses and will use photo-references when I need to.

I cant draw fanart if its a sprite comic or if you only have one page or two (I need to ‘feel’ the character).. also I cant draw furry/anthropomorphic characters, Im just horrible at that. Just a tail or fuzzy ears is okay, though. I also wont draw hardcore sexual art (yaoi, yuri etc). Romance is fine.

If you're open to me drawing you some art of one or multiple of your characters, go ahead and say so. Like I said Im also open to coloring your work (cell shaded anime look or more detailed). I only ask in return that you post the art on your comic page and let me post it on my own DD comic I'll be making to store all fan-art I'll do (plus a link to those comics). Also, you can make suggestions but in the end I'll decide what exactly I'll draw and how.. and again if you hate manga-influenced styles dont bother with me :)

Why exactly am I doing this? Cuz its fun, fan-art of popular stuff has been done a million times, I like variety so making my own comic is not an option either.

I'll be here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
Tantz_Aerine at 8:49AM, Feb. 3, 2007
(online)
Hey, I'd be thrilled to have you draw some of my Wolf characters or make a fanart piece. Click on my signature to go to the comic, and if you are interested, PQ me. I'll be really happy to have your art on my site!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
subcultured at 9:46AM, Feb. 3, 2007
(online)
how would you like to do a short story?
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Lifestream at 2:28PM, Feb. 3, 2007
(offline)
Tantz:

Thanks for being interested :) I'll see what I can do for you! I'll try something tomorrow, not saying I'll finish it but I will! If you like it we can always talk some more and see if you got any specific wishes, first I'll see if I can surprise you a little ;)

Subcultured:

Ive thought about a short story. But I guess it depends on what you call ‘short’ haha. Couple of pages.. 50 pages =P. I replied to your PQ :)

subcultured at 2:37PM, Feb. 3, 2007
(online)
i never got the pq.
short..prolly 5-10 pages
J
Lifestream at 2:41PM, Feb. 3, 2007
(offline)
Oh sorry, you should have it now. It wasnt working properly a minute ago..
subcultured at 2:48PM, Feb. 3, 2007
(online)
I wanna have a collection of short stories. like those collection comic books “flinch”, “war stories”, …etc. i want a full enclosed story that begins and ends.

all of the other stories have already ended, except the ones that is currently updating. i have more story ideas than I can draw, so it would be good to have artists to help me flesh out those stories.

I wanna have more diversifications of stories, so it would be good to have differnt types of artistic techniques on the collection. I'll be adding banners of the artists and credit them appropriatly on the homepage.
J
kingofsnake at 2:58PM, Feb. 3, 2007
(online)
You do some great work. I'd love to see you redesign one of my characters if you still have the time!

Check out my first 15 strips for my current character design and let me know if its something you think you would do :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Tantz_Aerine at 6:57AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
Lifestream
Tantz:

Thanks for being interested :) I'll see what I can do for you! I'll try something tomorrow, not saying I'll finish it but I will! If you like it we can always talk some more and see if you got any specific wishes, first I'll see if I can surprise you a little ;)

How exciting! I always have ideas, but I am more interested in what images come to you without my suggestion :) I can't wait! PQ me with any question you have.
Lifestream at 10:43AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(offline)
Tantz:

Its sunday so I had some hours to come up with something for you and this is the result! :) I hope you like it and you can still recognise them in my style.. I tried to go for something slightly more detailed than average because your comic isnt manga-style, so I didnt wanna rape the characters too much.

If that doesnt work:
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9449/wolfartsf7.png

Yeah I know.. the scythe is ridiculous =P Its just part of my style to over-do things.. besides Im a huge final fantasy fan and I guess thats why it looks like Cloud Strife should be using it. Dont ask me why its glowing either ^^"
I had to resize to relatively small half-way as my computer wasnt handling the detail very well hehe, so I lost some detail. Also my smudging/blending isnt too great but thats cuz I insisted on finishing it today =P

Subcultured:

Will you be writing all the stories yourself or should the participating artists come up with a story to draw?

Kingofsnake:

Which of your comics do you mean? Children at play? I can mess around sometimes if you'd like :) If you still want me to after seeing what I did for Wolf =P
kingofsnake at 10:55AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
Yeah, def C@P. my other comics are really just distractions. I think your Wolf peice looks great! and if I know Tantz she's bound to agree!
Aeon at 10:57AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
If you're still in the mood for some fan-arting, I'd love a drawing of either Nancy or Electric Demon Anzie.

Both are linked in my signature, and full color references are available as the first page of each comic. Whichever one strikes your fancy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
Tantz_Aerine at 11:10AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
O.O *ogles* Oh my! That scythe really IS …intimidating. On a rather thin pole. Very Final Fantasy indeed! And very atmospheric! I like it a lot- it's not often Zoe lets her hair down, so this is very interesting :) Love her pose- that is definitely her body language.

And Davey in a raggedy t-shirt… with a straight nose! *giggles* It's amazing how everyone decides to make his nose straight from its normal hooked. He loves you for it ;)

I love it! It absolutely rocks! It's going on my site, absolutely…

…as soon as I finish up the new comic pages I'm drawing. x] In about an hour.

I don't suppose I could ask for a pigtails Zoe and a hook-nosed David in some pose? *big puppy eyes* If you're still in a Wolf mood.
subcultured at 11:20AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
that's a nice looking scyte there

Lifestream
Subcultured:

Will you be writing all the stories yourself or should the participating artists come up with a story to draw?

i will be writting the story. i wanna branch out into other genres like fantasy or sci-fi . i've been doing too much crime drama recently.

I've written/drawn a few fantasy stories before http://www.drunkduck.com/Bilaran_Wars/
J
Lifestream at 11:47AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(offline)
Tantz:

I'm glad you like it! :) Thats all that matters, makes me like it too. Im sorry I got his nose wrong! =P I'll pay better attention next time.. also I noticed some minors errors like I didnt smudge out the highlights on her shoes and I forgot to whiten his mouth.. oops. Im sloppy.

And, if I get around to doing it I'll fix you up some more, this time with a correct nose and her hair like she usually wears it ;)

Subcultured:

Ah, well, I'd probably be interested if I have enough time, so it also depends on how much time we're given. Id love to do a fantasy story or optionally sci-fi-ish :)

Snake:

I'll check it out soon and who knows what'll come out ;) I'll mess around.

Aeon:

Hmm, they're both really suitable for a nice piece of art.. as I love to draw skin ;). The more naked the better hehe. Well, usually. But yeah, I think I can come up with something if I find time next week :)
subcultured at 11:53AM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
Lifestream
Subcultured:

Ah, well, I'd probably be interested if I have enough time, so it also depends on how much time we're given. Id love to do a fantasy story or optionally sci-fi-ish :)

well, there's no deadline on it. it's not like a homework project :)
J
Rydel6 at 10:17PM, Feb. 4, 2007
(online)
I would be more than pleased if you wanted to do one of my characters ^_^. But if you choose to do one, please PQ me which one it is, because all of my characters have, for a better lack of words, accessories that should be concidered.

Thanks for the consideration!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
Hero at 3:55AM, Feb. 6, 2007
(online)
I'll take some of that action. If you see fit to do some kinda fan-art for Wintergreen, that'd be awesome. I'm not real particular about what you draw specifically.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Generic Human at 6:13AM, Feb. 6, 2007
(online)
Wow, your art is awesome. Hey, I sure wouldn't mind getting a picture of my comic in your style, it's so pretty! If you have time, that would be so hardcore!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Greetings_and_Salutations/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Lifestream at 10:42AM, Feb. 6, 2007
(offline)
Rydel, Hero and Generic Human:

Thanks for the interest :) I'll be taking a look at all of your comics and will /try/ to come up wtih something for ya if I can in due time. Can't guarantee anything but I'll do my best. It might not all be super detailed artwork but I'll try to do at least something! (cell-shading/1-color shading at least)

I've started on another piece, which I should finish soon enough..
Radec at 9:23PM, Feb. 8, 2007
(online)
I'm pretty interested, too.
Maybe you could do something for SoS, or maybe if you want to, contribute a little to the great evil of “Happy Smiley Valley of Death”…

well, that's if you're interested, at least.
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
Lifestream at 1:37PM, Feb. 9, 2007
(offline)
For those of you who were still hoping for some fanart, Im sorry but Im going to have to put it on hold for a moment.. cuz A: Im having computer problems and I have to go buy a new videocard tomorrow, hope it works right away. Add B: inspiration has struck me and I wanna do a little work on a comic of my own. Once I get it all sorted out I'll be happy to do fanart though, I'll keep everybody in mind! Thanks all for the interest :)
kingofsnake at 1:59PM, Feb. 9, 2007
(online)
Sad for no fan art. Glad to see you looking to work on something of your own! I'm sure it'll be excellent!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon