Not a thing was stirring, not even the mice
The updates were queued by the ducklings with care
In hopes that fived comments would soon be there;
The readers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of OH MY GOD IS THAT A PLOT TWIST?! danced in their heads;
And as the site’s system turned a new day,
“No fair!” the mafia would indignantly say,
How can we kill the mayor of DrunkDuck?
When there is no mayor or pardoner to chuck!?

…So uh…I guess we should elect one.

DAY 1 BEGINS! Hey it is election time! Who will be the mayor?! Who will be the pardoner?! Time to get the campaigns going~ The cycle will end on Friday January 23rd 8 PM EST. Please PQ me your vote for mayor (vote tallies will be posted throughout the cycle.)

Total number of players: 20
1. harkovast
2. Skoolmunkee
3. Ozoneocean
4. the2ndredbaron
5. gullas
6. highspeedcomics
7. Sea_Cow8. Skullbie
9. Nersop
10. odysseus55
11. martinlo_23
12. leaderofstars
13. korosu
14. Vakanai
15. Gasp Its Jake
16. Niccea
17. Mutation
18. waff
19. SpANG
20. humorman

6 of 6 roles
0 of 1 Mayor
0 of 1 Pardoner
0 of 2 bodyguards
1 of 1 vigilante
2 of 2 paramedics
1 of 1 veteran
1 of 1 paranoid
1 of 1 detective

(Oh hey if you guys have a name you want to call yourselves, feel free to PQ it to me~)
4 of 4 mafia
1 of 1 Godfather
1 of 1 Mad Hatter
2 of 2 Mafias

There were some things I neglected to mention during sign-ups but here are a few rules/information:

1. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. :( Don't tell game information to other alive players.

2. Please do not take screenshots of GM (that's me) PQs. That's totally taking the easy way out~ ;D

3. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to any killers that have made successful kills during the night cycle. Beware of red herrings though!

4. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)

5. Please give me cake. <3

6. Role descriptions can be found here.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 3, ability to declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.

The Mayor also has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has an increased vote of 2, and also the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular towny

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice during the night phase. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone whose hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (preferably before night even starts). You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Hatter
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

skullbie
Here, clickable to view all the profiles.:)

1. harkovast
2. Skoolmunkee
3. Ozoneocean
4. the2ndredbaron
5. gullas
6. highspeedcomics
7. Sea_Cow
9. Nersop
10. odysseus55
11. martinlo_23
14. Vakanai
15. Gasp Its Jake
16. Niccea
17. Mutation
18. waff
20. humorman
dead players removed from list
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
skoolmunkee at 10:56PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
I checked the role descriptions quickly so sorry if I missed it- but mafia can be elected to Mayor, right? (However inadvertently) So you can have a mayor goin' around killin' folks?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ozoneocean at 12:28AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
That would be wrong!
As Mayor I will make sure that doesn't happen!

Vote Ozone!

If elected you'll get to play Knifey spoony games daily! I am an expert and will train you in my national sport.

And I will work to keep you safe from Mafias!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Nersop at 1:12AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
…sticky plz.

Also, vote Nersop for mayor.

There would be free radioactive protection for everyone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Black_Kitty at 3:56AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
I checked the role descriptions quickly so sorry if I missed it- but mafia can be elected to Mayor, right? (However inadvertently) So you can have a mayor goin' around killin' folks?

Yup. Anyone can be mayor~

And we have our first votes~

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean

leaderofstars
leaderofstars
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
leaderofstars at 3:59AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
vote for me or i'll eat you
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
gullas at 4:52AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
Vote for me and I'll personally make sure that no one leaves their house's after 8 pm with barricade, barbed wires, personal “bell-ringin” alarms and finally booby traps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Ozoneocean at 5:20AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
You guys aren't even putting any effort in. :(

Anyway, I have reason to suspect leaderofstars… I doubt his motives. I've been in communication with him and what you see of the pitch here is pretty true of leaderofstars's personality throughout I'm sorry to say.

I'm standing as an honest citizen of this town. We can't let these mafias win! If we are to get through this without losing our lives we're going to need an intelligent, responsible leader who's not only willing to do what it takes to keep us safe, they have to be intellectually nimble enough to work things out and a good enough communicator to keep us organised and ready to deal with the challenge we face: Keeping us alive!

I don't think any of these guys can do that. Nothing they've said convinces me of it.

Just the very fact that I'm writing about it here proves that I am!

Unlike them, I don't want this for the title or the position, I don't NEED that. I want to be mayor because I know I've got what it takes to do the job and make sure the mafias DON'T win.
harkovast at 5:33AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Don't vote for me, I can't handle responsibility.
However, I am scared of the mafia and highly suggestible, so I will vote for whoever can make me the most wild adn crazy promises!

Right now I vote ozone for major and leader of stars to be lynched, because ozone has made me suspect him of soemthing even though I am not sure what that is.

Wow, participating in democracy sure is fun!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Ozoneocean at 5:53AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
You'd make a wise choice if you do harkovast. Very wise.
And the first step to ensuring our safety and victory over these Mafia.
Because if there's one thing I don't want, it's the mafias to win. Even if I have to die to make sure of that.
Niccea at 6:13AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
I vote of Ozone because he was the first candidate to call me. And since I am the typical apathetic voter. I vote for someone that appeals to me at the time. So in short, it is Ozone. Good luck!
Mutation at 6:48AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
What a tough choice… but…
Ozone has a spoon!
I think I'll vote for him!
*Votes!*

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Vakanai at 8:13AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
I vote for Ozone.
He was the only one to send me campaign promises. I like candidates who take the time to reach out to their constituents.
I thought about running for mayor myself, but then realized I don't care about the voters and would just use the power to declare Rum Day a town holiday.
Rum Day…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
the2ndredbaron at 8:21AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
I wasn't going to run for mayor. I figured that job should be left up to better persons than I. Then I noticed something strange, something horrible. The main contender in this race is Ozone Ocean. Well that right there is odd. Ozone? Do you people want to elect a mayor with so many holes in their campaign? If they can't take a alittle global warming then how will they stay cool under the hot pressure of government office? And Ocean? Well if that's not fishy I don't know what it is. And that is just his name!
Looking at the platform Mr. Ocean is running on all we see is a chance to play Knifey spoony games daily. Well there are a couple things wrong with this. First of all a knife is not a spoon, nor is a spoon a knife; so which one is it Mr. Ocean? Why can't you make up your mind? Then if we are going to be playing games all day, is no work going to be done? Does this mean no new jobs? Waht will happen to the economy if no one is working? And lastly what of the children? Do we really want to subject them to this type of mindless violence?
Mr. Ocean, full of holes, full of violence, not full of ideas.

What this town needs is someone with experience, someone who has fought the good fight and knows what must be done. Someone who will make the hard choices and not play with with spoons all day. Which is why this town should choose the2ndredbaron. Lets take a look at what this town needs.
A. Protection
B. Strong Economy
C. Support of the Arts
This is what I stand on and what I can deliever to you. Not spoons but results! Vote for Red Baron and we all will fly high!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
skoolmunkee at 8:27AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
I am strongly suspicious of anyone who WANTS to be mayor of a mafia infested town!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
waff at 9:35AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
YA KNOW WHAT skoolmunkee me too. If we accidentaly elect a mafioso we'll all be moidered in our beds and if we elect someone who's not a mafioso but useless abuses their power we'll be fearing for our necks as s/he has anyone who him/her lynched so im not gonna vote for anyone who i don't know is a mafioso. 'course ocean did take the time to pq me and tell me his campaign promises so i MAY, note the MAY, vote for him as got to grips with his public.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
skoolmunkee at 9:55AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
Ozone PQed me too and that makes me nervous because now he knows where I live. I wouldn't put it past him to somehow get a list of everyone's votes and kill those who didn't vote for him!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
the2ndredbaron at 10:06AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Mr. Ocean is and Admin and as such has powers that the rest of us “down to earth folks” do not have. Does he share this power? No. In fact he uses it to spam everyone with campaign messages. Do we really want to elect someone who already abuses their power?
Vote for the2ndredbaron and we will all fly high!
Vakanai at 10:27AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Ah Motley Crew it, I'm throwing my hat in for the mayor race as well.
Why? Because I really like the title. Plus in my mind Mayor V sounds like a rugged cowboy type with a shotgun and a horse. Plus, Rum Day…
Anyways, my campaign platform:
1. I will do my best to protect all townies from the machinations of the mob.
2. I will do my best to steal all the moonshine or ‘product’ from the mob.
3. I will personally try to chase down the mob on my horse Silver and shoot them down (the humane way of execution).
4. If I am a mafioso (which I'm not) I promise to do my utmost in bringing myself down to pay for whatever laws I have broken. None of the other would be mayors have made such a promise to the people. They say they will have our backs, yet what promises have they given to bring themselves down if they are mob?
5. Rum Day…
A vote for Vak is a vote to protect your back!
Vakanai at 10:53AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
To further help cement my cause, a campaign ad!
http://www.drunkduck.com/War_of_the_Bands/gfx/vformayor.PNG
the2ndredbaron at 11:29AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Mr. Vakanai has presented us with a interesting question. Why have the other candidates, like myself, not yet promise that we are not mafioso. Well it is one thing to talk Mr. Vakanai and it is one thing to act. Anybody can say they aren't one of the mob but does that help? No words are cheap! Action is what counts. At lets look at what your action says.
1. You will steal the moonshine from the mob.
2. You will chase down and shoot them down
3. Rum day?

Very interesting. You are going to steal. You are going to shoot people down. I wonder Mr. Vakanai do you know what other types of people do these activities? Mobsters. In all your eagerness you have shown your true colors! If not a mobster yourself you have shown the people that you support their activities. Do we really want a mayor that supports the mob?

Vote for the2ndredbaron and we all will fly high!
Vakanai at 11:45AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
the2ndredbaron
Mr. Vakanai has presented us with a interesting question. Why have the other candidates, like myself, not yet promise that we are not mafioso. Well it is one thing to talk Mr. Vakanai and it is one thing to act. Anybody can say they aren't one of the mob but does that help? No words are cheap! Action is what counts. At lets look at what your action says.
1. You will steal the moonshine from the mob.
2. You will chase down and shoot them down
3. Rum day?

Very interesting. You are going to steal. You are going to shoot people down. I wonder Mr. Vakanai do you know what other types of people do these activities? Mobsters. In all your eagerness you have shown your true colors! If not a mobster yourself you have shown the people that you support their activities. Do we really want a mayor that supports the mob?

Vote for the2ndredbaron and we all will fly high!
Yes, I am going to steal. From those who steal the safety away from the common man!
Yes I will shoot people down. I will shoot down those who would murder the innocent in their sleep!
And that is quite a claim you make. By trying to exterminate the mob to protect the people, I support the mob? That sounds like some backwards math to me my friend. And how shall you fight the mob Mr. Baron? What are your politics concerning the mafia. I admit to having a rather harsh stance on the mob, but you seem to have opinions that are rather weak on crime.

A vote for the2ndredbaron and the mob shall fly high!
waff at 12:20PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
in short he is going to use the activities of those who will do bad inorder to do good.:stache: although i still dont get the significance of rum day and plus shooting people is a vigalante thing, the mobsters tend go for cement shoes and piano wire.

skoolmunkee at 1:47PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
None of you guys are very good at making mafia guys want to vote for you, I think you're missing out on an important constituency
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Nersop at 1:52PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
I still say radioactive fallout protection is the best thing to vote for.

I mean, c'mon. It's radioactive fallout protection.
waff at 1:54PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
ARE YOU A MAFIOSO SKOOLMUNKEE?:gem:

humorman at 2:14PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
It's time to think logically. If ozone happens to be part of the mafia, not only would he receive extra power through votes, but the only way to kill him would to go through the body guards. With that much power, he could easily eliminate all the townies within a matter of days. Unfortunately, ozone is already in a fairly secure lead. Therefore, I announce to run for pardoner. As pardoner I would also in a high position, perfect for keeping a supposed mafia-tied mayor in check. However, you may be wondering if I might be part of the mafia as well. There is no sure -fire way of saying if I am without breaking the rules, but you have my word that I am definitely not part of the mafia. More importantly, I will have no gimmicks (no cheesy campaign pictures or mottos, no pardons reserved for people who vote for me, etc.). As long as they give me a compelling argument, everyone will be entitled to a pardon.

This is my promise to you, the public.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
waff at 2:30PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
no offense humorman but with a pitch like that no-one will vote for you. course to get pardoner at this point you only need 2 votes.

skoolmunkee at 2:56PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
humorman
pardoner

for some reason when you say this, it makes me think of the scene in Schindler's list where Ralph Fiennes is practicing being merciful and then decides to hell with it and starts killing people.

Soooooo I have mixed feelings
IT'S OLD BATMAN
waff at 3:24PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
hmm…my vote is stuck between ozoneocean, who has a clear majority so i have nothing to lose jumping on the bandwagon but causing a bad feeling that he is mafioso, and humorman, who seems to be honest and will likley support us as a pardoner but more or less has little or no chance of getting mayor.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon