MAFIA... and other forum games

DrunkDuck Mafia!
waff at 1:02PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
thats alright kitty but if the description for the mayor is correct then you can have a paramedic or even a vigalante mayor.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
skoolmunkee at 1:15PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
There are still two paramedics and if they volunteer themselves then they can protect people, and if detectives or whatnot volunteer themselves, they can still work together to find out info in an organized way. I was wrong about the bodyguard reassignment thing, but if people cooperate then the plan is still completely do-able!

If no one volunteered themselves anyway, not only would the plan not work but the bodyguards wouldn't have been reassigned anyway (because I wouldn't know who they'd be protecting). But if someone didn't like the plan, they wouldn't be voting for me! See how that works.

I'm still the only one who has tried working out a strategy, and you're still the one who is a pandering fathead.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
the2ndredbaron at 1:19PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
if skoolmunkee is a mobsters than people revealing themselves to her would be a terrible thing, and it seems like she really wants that to happen. And before I resigned I worked out a strategy, so you weren't the first.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Ozoneocean at 1:23PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
fathead.
In a very nice hat!
Of which you're are envious I see ;)

And I'm not calling anyone names here. As my opponent I respect you highly. :)
May the best candidate win!

And I pledge not to use my instalynch as soon as I'm elected! IF I'm elected.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
humorman at 1:30PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
I still plan to stay in the race, despite how bleak the standings may be for me. I just want to let you guys know to make sure to keep your heads about yourselves. Even after the mayoral race is over, don't vote to lynch someone out of fear or suspicion. Remember, townies outnumber the mafia 4 to 1, so we have a definite advantage. Don't ruin this by voting carelessly. Use logic and reason in your choices.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
skoolmunkee at 1:55PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
if skoolmunkee is a mobsters than people revealing themselves to her would be a terrible thing, and it seems like she really wants that to happen. And before I resigned I worked out a strategy, so you weren't the first.

The same could be true of anyone who is running for mayor, there's no way I can prove I'm not a mafia but no one else can either. Anyone who becomes mayor could use the same strategies I proposed too, even Ozone said he might use them. I'm sure people have worked out their own strategies, but because they've not shared them they must be personal strategies. Mine is a logical town strategy and an effort to be transparent and get people to work together in an organized way. I still think it's a good plan but it will only work if people cooperate with it. It does mean that people who want to go along with the plan need to trust me, but I think in a lot of ways that's preferable to trusting nobody. Whoever becomes mayor will be asking for townies' trust!

And I want to be mayor because geez, I spent a while coming up with the plan, if people like it I may as well get elected mayor so I can implement it! :]

Edit: If I understand right, the insta-lynch is used even before the night cycle begins, so it would be foolish to use it unless the mayor is certain someone is a mafia. Otherwise it would just be an irresponsible stab in the dark. I don't really see how anyone could have figured out any mafia by that point. Of course Ozone promises not to use it! If he's a townie, he might be killing one of his own, and if he's a mafia, he'd be revealing that he's happy to kill off townies.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Black_Kitty at 4:40PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I am finally home. @_@

Doubling checking on the votes in a bit (since someone said I missed one?) but here is an updated tally.

Ozoneocean - 9 votes (+1 bonus for campaign images~)
Ozoneocean
korosu
highspeedcomics
Sea_Cow
Gasp Its Jake
the2ndredbaron
harkovast
Skullbie

leaderofstars - 1 vote
leaderofstars

Gullas - 1 vote
Gullas

Skoolmunkee - 7 votes (+1 for campaign image~)
martinlo_23
odysseus55
Vakanai
Mutation
Niccea
Skoolmunkee

humorman
humorman

Nersop and Vakanai both have a one vote bonus but no voters under their name.

As I was a bit late getting home (had to stop by the bank), I am extending the cycle to 9 PM EST. However it seems currently Ozone is in the lead followed by Skoolmunkee~

(I actually have one unresolved vote (this person knows who he is) and if I don't get a response, I will…put him in?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
skoolmunkee at 4:51PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Well, unless I get the three remaining voters, looks like I'm not going to be the mayor :] That's cool too I guess.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Niccea at 5:15PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
I was just confused by the rules.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Black_Kitty at 5:18PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Things can change in a blink of an eye~

To answer other questions I've missed…

Can my vote be anonymous?
Unfortunately no. Every vote will be publicly posted.

(As a side note in other games I've played over in MT forums, there are versions where a narrative name is used. In that situation you can hide behind an anonymous mask to cast your vote. However for this game every vote is public.)

Can a paramedic/vigilante/mafia/paranoid/whatever be a mayor?
Yes. It is why the roles were given first then the first cycle began. The only time a player's role will be publicly revealed is in in death. When a player dies, I will list them as a dead player followed by what role he/she held.

How will the narrative look like?

Let's say I am an evil mafia cat and killed the Duck's dear friend, Quail. The narrative may look like this:

After sending his beloved friend, the drunk Duck, home again on a taxi (which as usual he had to pay for himself), the Quail set about on his long walk home. Along the way he saw a bird landing, a cat battling, and a curly mustache fluttering. It must have been a busy night because a crowd surged past him in canned laughter but still the Quail pressed on! It has been a tiring night and he looks forward to a good night's sleep.

A laugh! “Hohoho~” said the nimble beast as the Quail stopped in his busy walk home. “If you but lean in closer, I could tell you a joke.

The joke turns out to be on the Quail. His half chewed body was found the next morning with a sign taped on him that reads ”needs more sauce."

In that particular narrative the laughter references and the crowd bit are clues. (Canned laughter + crowd is from a video linked in my profile. Hohoho is a clue towards my avatar.) Anything else is a red herring or a coincidence.

The colour green for the Quail's name symbolizes that the Quail was a townie (with no role.) If Quail was a paramedic then his name would be in blue. If Quail was a mafia, his name would be in red.

Edit: If you need more examples of how the narrative works, you can see them here and here. These were ones I (and two other players) created for a mafia game~

What happens if a hit fails?
A failed hit will be absorbed. This means if you are a vigilante and you hit say…the mayor. The mayor has two bodyguards. Your hit will fail and will not be refunded to you.

The vigilante however will have their hit refunded to them if it overlaps with the mafia's hit.
harkovast at 5:23PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Korosu is in the mafia!
I just got sent a PQ by mistake that was not meant for me, so I know for a fact korosu is one of the mafias.
We must Lynch them ASAP.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
skoolmunkee at 5:29PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Now now, let's save the wild accusations for lynching time. lol!

Edit: I am seriously staying up til 2am for this, haha! Damn you BK
IT'S OLD BATMAN
harkovast at 5:31PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
I just calls em as I sees em.
When you've seen the evidence it is best to get in there early.

gullas at 5:31PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
indeed, I agree with skoolmunkee on this one…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
skoolmunkee at 5:33PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast

Except when people believe you and kill a person and in the morning they and their REAL role are revealed, and no one ever believes a damn word you say ever again. :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Black_Kitty at 5:43PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
Edit: I am seriously staying up til 2am for this, haha! Damn you BK

Aww~ <3
On that note, polls will close in twenty minutes.
Ozoneocean at 5:45PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
harkovast

Except when people believe you and kill a person and in the morning they and their REAL role are revealed, and no one ever believes a damn word you say ever again. :)
So… by that logic it would pay to lynch Korosu as harkovast suggests!
Since even if Korosu turns out to be innocent, that makes Harkovast the real criminal :)

———-
But if I'm elected mayor I won't instalynch. I'll wait till we get more evidence and can discuss it ^__^
gullas at 5:49PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Now lets think about it for a minute, why would Harkovast be telling such a thing? Might be the fact that he's a mafioso and wants to be able to kill more then one person in one night! I mean, we havn't even elected our mayor and now the accusations are coming from each and every direction, next thing we will see is something about Ozone being a mafioso because of “accidental” e-mails or even poor old 2ndredbaron, Niccea, Skullbie or even all of us get “accidental” e-mails about the Mafia.
"DON'T PANIC!"
skoolmunkee at 5:52PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Since even if Korosu turns out to be innocent, that makes Harkovast the real criminal :)

Somehow I doubt Korosu's family will be as cheerful about that as you!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Niccea at 5:53PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Black Kitty, are you familiar with the term “sheeping” in application to this game?
harkovast at 5:57PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Korosu is mafia.
Skoolmonkee I gladly stake my reputation on it!
Even Godfather Don ozone….sorry I mean mayor ozone agrees with me!
Gullas whyare you defending Korosu so much? Is he very close to you? Almost like…family! As in THE family! Gullas is mafia too I bet!
So Gullas is 70 percent likely to be mafia
Ozone about 65 percent
Korosu is 98 percent (2 percent because that message could have been sent on purpose to trick me, but I doubt it)

Black_Kitty at 5:58PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Black Kitty, are you familiar with the term “sheeping” in application to this game?

Nope. :(
gullas at 6:02PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
Harkovast I'm only stating the facts, since we havn't even seen that suposed e-mail of yours, why can we even trust your statements? It is in my opinion, totally obsured on this stage of the game, to start with any accusations against anyone, even though I did so on your behalf in my prievious post, and I'm sorry if that offended you, but I was only talking theoretically.
Niccea at 6:05PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
I was nearly sheeped on my first time. It starts out at the beginning of a game. No one as any clues on where to start, so they all follow the first vote like lost sheep. I don't think we will not have the problem. People are offering reasons for their votes. Sheeping has no logic.
humorman at 6:06PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Korosu is mafia.
Even Godfather Don ozone….sorry I mean mayor ozone agrees with me!
Gullas whyare you defending Korosu so much? Is he very close to you? Almost like…family! As in THE family! Gullas is mafia too I bet!
So Gullas is 70 percent likely to be mafia
Ozone about 65 percent
Korosu is 98 percent (2 percent because that message could have been sent on purpose to trick me, but I doubt it)

Your baseless accusations aren't helping your reputation. Where did you even get those percentages anyway? Be careful, the townies might lynch you just out of annoyance.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
skoolmunkee at 6:07PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Korosu is mafia.
Neither ozone nor I would use the instalynch so the whole thing is kinda moot :)

If you are so certain Korosu is mafia, then the person who sent him the PQ must also be mafia. In fact, the sender of the PQ is even more important information- either they are mafia, or they are someone trying to incriminate an innocent which is highly suspicious. Who is that, then? I doubt it was BK! (Pretty lucky that the sender put Korosu's name in the body of the PQ rather than just being satisfied with his name in the To field!)

I fear you are already wrecking your own reputation harkovast!

Edit: As pardoner I promise not to pardon harkovast lol!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 6:26PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
So Harkovast is most likely mafia then?

Or is that just what some clever genius wants us to think?
…I can't say right now. So I'll reserve my judgement. His accusations DO make him sound very sus though.
odysseus55 at 6:33PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
YAY I made it home.

Boy it seems that there are mafia everywhere.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
skoolmunkee at 6:35PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
So Harkovast is most likely mafia then?
I think he's just a stinker trying to stir up trouble. lol! I know how harkovast is!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Black_Kitty at 6:36PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
The crowd cheers as DrunkDuck's first mayor is elected! Girls swoon at the thought of breathing the same air he walks in, men secretly wish to be reborn as him, and babies lean just a little further from their mother's arms, hoping for that Australian kiss! Yes my dear friends, Ozoneocean is now your new mayor! Hail hail!

“As my first gift to the public,” the Ozoneocean said, “I declare there to be NO INSTANT LYNCHING!”

The crowd cheers! Possibly with relief. Whew.

And as the beloved Skoolmunkee, the new pardoner, looks on, she spots a neat envelope sitting on the mayor's desk. With great finesse she opens up the crisp envelope to reveal the note inside:

The Godfather sends his congratulations to the newly elected mayor and pardoner. He is sure that they would be much more happy to be working for him than to serve the puny masses.

NIGHT 1 begins! It shall end Saturday at 9:30 PM EST! That means those of you with night abilities have 24 hours to PQ me your action! Remember it is first come first serve.

FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Ozoneocean - 9 votes (+1 bonus for campaign images~)
Ozoneocean
korosu
highspeedcomics
Sea_Cow
Gasp Its Jake
the2ndredbaron
harkovast
Skullbie

leaderofstars - 1 vote
leaderofstars

Gullas - 1 vote
Gullas

Skoolmunkee - 7 votes (+1 for campaign image~)
martinlo_23
odysseus55
Vakanai
Mutation
Niccea
Skoolmunkee

humorman
humorman

(There was one other vote for Skoolmunkee but the voter expressed uncertainty. Since Skool would have needed 3 more votes to beat Ozoneocean (and thus the one vote would not have given her the mayor position), I did not include it.)

Total number of alive players: 20
1. harkovast
2. Skoolmunkee
3. Ozoneocean
4. the2ndredbaron
5. gullas
6. highspeedcomics
7. Sea_Cow8. Skullbie
9. Nersop
10. odysseus55
11. martinlo_23
12. leaderofstars
13. korosu
14. Vakanai
15. Gasp Its Jake
16. Niccea
17. Mutation
18. waff
19. SpANG
20. humorman

6 of 6 roles
1 of 1 Mayor
1 of 1 Pardoner
2 of 2 bodyguards
1 of 1 vigilante
2 of 2 paramedics
1 of 1 veteran
1 of 1 paranoid
1 of 1 detective

(Oh hey if you guys have a name you want to call yourselves, feel free to PQ it to me~)
4 of 4 mafia
1 of 1 Godfather
1 of 1 Mad Hatter
2 of 2 Mafias

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon