Networking & Community Projects*

Eight Bit Community Project... you in?
Eight Bit Darkling at 1:52PM, June 19, 2007
(offline)
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to check my topic. I am Eight Bit Darkling, and I am a “new” user. When I say “new” user, I mean my screenname has just been made, but I've been lurking around here, reading the comics, and telling others to read them as well, and I've finally got the courage worked up to start something on this site.

After hearing that Life As An 8 Bit has died, I was shocked. It was one of my favorite comics, and I was working on my sprites to join at the time.

SO I am looking to make an 8 Bit comic in tribute to Life As An 8 Bit, and I need spriters. One of the reasons that I think Life As An 8 Bit fell apart was all the people that joined the project that just wanted attention on their sprites/characters, but did not want to do any work. So, in this new project, their will be screenings and checking on if you have comics already, if you update them somewhat, if you are on Drunk Duck somewhat, and if your sprites are good. I'm not saying that you have to be a spriting GOD to work on the project, I'm just saying that recoloring a Megaman or Bass sprite isn't going to cut it.

Thank you for your time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
strong414bad at 11:51AM, June 20, 2007
(online)
I'm intrigued. How many sprites do you need to be in it?

(IE Running, jumping, etc.)
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Warspritecomic at 8:28AM, June 24, 2007
(online)
hmm, it's interesting you posted this. i just got a message from Twin saying that he was going to do something like this, like a sequal to Laa8B or life as a 16 bit (Actually, it wasn't his idea but he sortof hi-jacked my thread with my permission ^_^)

If you are going to do this, I might be in. It all depends on how you are going to organise it.

Either way Good luck with it and I'll join depending on how it's going to go.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
therealtj at 9:57AM, June 28, 2007
(online)
Hmm, I never heard of laa8-bit. Maybe you could tell me more about what this is about and I could join.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
LowResAtari at 3:00AM, June 29, 2007
(offline)
I've said this to quite a few people that had this idea: Life as an 8bit was an extremely disorganized comic… and trying to emulate it in any way would be heading for disaster.

Mass collaborations don't work, because there's not enough planning taking place. Any time a person thought of an interesting plot to go with, another person would change the scene out of nowhere and for no reason.

If you're really planning on doing something like this, you should either only have a limited number of writers for the WHOLE collaboration, or limit the number of people in the collaboration to 5 at most.

Keep in mind that those are just suggestions, and I still believe that pursuing this in any way, shape, or form is a bad idea.
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
Eight Bit Darkling at 5:01PM, Aug. 26, 2007
(offline)
Sorry it has taken me so long to post… -_-"

Uh, hmm… I'd say about 5 people, with 2 charaxters each at least. And in 8-bit. So… post or pq me for more detail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon