Interviews

ERasER interviews Nako of Kintori, Cat in the Comp, and Half-Half!
skoolmunkee at 2:47PM, Nov. 29, 2009
(offline)
This interview is of Nako, whose comics are: Kintori, Cat and the Comp and Half-Half!
(interview conducted by ERasER!)

1. So you've been drawing comics since your were in 4th grade, what made you want to draw comics?

Whoa, wait. Not 4th grade. It's 4th year in high school.

I guess I was inspired by some of my classmates who were into drawing. I really liked making stories, and figured that I should try drawing them to make it clear to other people how stuff happened.

That, and I bought a book on how to make comics… Yeah, I'm pretty much a dork.

2. According to your profile your in college, what do you do in college?

I'm a Geography major. My first course is Linguistics, but I had a hard time keeping my grades up, so I shifted. I'm currently being pretty decent in my studies.

3. Nako is an interesting username, how did you come up with it?

Nako was my nickname in this anime/manga organization in school, when I was applying for membership. Apparently Hannah was a very common name, and one of the members was named Hanna, so I made up a nickname so we wouldn't be confused. The “na” part is from Hana (which is the Romaji version of my name in Katakana) and the “ko” part is from neko, which means cat in Japanese.

I failed the application for that, but I got into another organization that is into comics (writing for comics, anyway).

4. What was your first comic?

Ever? Gosh, I can't really remember…but I think it was this comic about an immortal who tends to graves and a ghost who's a friend of his. The comic was supposed to be one big conversation, so it had lots of heads and dialogue. I stopped doing it. Its title was Amaranth.

Here in DrunkDuck, it's Half-Half. I still haven't decided if I would continue it or not.

5. How did you come up with your comic ‘Half-Half’?

I don't really know. I guess I just had this fascination for duality, I guess. Mixing good and bad, stuff like that.

The main character of Half-Half, that angel-demon dude, was the mascot of my website that I made before I went here on DD. It doesn't exist now, as I have deleted it.

6. Apart from drawing comics do you have any other hobbies or interests?

Writing, singing, watching anime and cartoons, reading fiction books, reading comics, reading manga…

7. What is your favourite comic that you have done and why?

I don't have favorites. I like everything I have done, although I tend to stop doing them because other people don't seem to like them. But then, I really shouldn't care if people don't like them that much.

8. Have there been any comics that have influenced you in the way you draw or write comics?

I haven't read that many comics, so any comic I get to read influences me in one way or another. I can't list them, though. Hahaha.

9. How much time do you spend drawing comics?

I don't really time myself, but I try to draw everyday. I squeeze drawing in my free time. But I work on comics really slowly because I'm sort of lazy.

10. Do you get much support of family and friends?

I get a lot of support from one of my cousins, and my classmates and orgmates who are into comics and other related things. From family, not as much…or at least, that's what I think.

11. If you had a time machine where would be the first place you go? (that's pretty random I'm running out of things to ask ^^)

To the time when my mother's side grandfather was still alive. I didn't get to meet him, and according to my mother's stories about him, he's a very interesting person. I wouldn't try to meet him or what, but just observe him. I don't want to mess up the whole space-time continuum, now do I?

12. And lastly is there anything else you want to add, promote comics or whatever ^^

Well, of course, I would like people to read my comics here on DD, and comment. I would also like to let the DD people know that me and my cousin (who is still going to have to create a DD account) are planning to organize a community project with the title, “Band of the Drunken Duck”. If you want to know what the heck this is, just click here.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Nako at 12:07AM, Nov. 30, 2009
(online)
Wow. I get a weird feeling seeing the results of someone's interview of me here.

Hmm, I should send my interview of ERasER now. =^_^=

EDIT: By the way, I also assist draxenn in posting pages in Fightsplosion Legends.
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon