Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Fashion for the next decade.
Ozoneocean at 7:46AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
So what would you like to see from fashion in the next decade?????

Personally I'd love to see the 80's crap revival die:
- All those shizzy primary colours, and high wasted sack style dresses and skirts with wide belts that make women look like little girls playing dress-ups…
-Hoodies. Seriously, ENOUGH with the fricken hoodies!
-Hoodies and shorts with shitty 80's patterns all over them. It looked crap and cheap in 1985 when 5 year olds first wore that stuff.
-Jeans with the crotch worn mid thigh. Stop doing it, NOW, or it's wedgie time. weather in tight or baggy jeans it looks just as bad. Unless you're a homeless retarded alcoholic who has a habit of crapping in his pants you have no excuse for it.

…………
But what about the future?
I have no idea. All I can suggest is metallic shiny suits. Since it is the future after all.

But enough with the suggestions, here are some pics:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
PhilWrede at 7:56AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)
It's very simple:

Make it so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Ozoneocean at 8:12AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
Ugh, anything but Star Trek…

They think we don't remember the man dresses in the early episodes of TNG, but WE DO! >:[

—————————–

Seriously though, Fashion in 2010 onwards, what do you want to see die and what do you want to see on people?
Personally, I'd like the thong craze to come back. I really, really liked that.
ramlama at 8:14AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
But what about the future?
I have no idea. All I can suggest is metallic shiny suits. Since it is the future after all.
I just had this mental image of the next high school culture clash: Shiners v. Shadows.

On one hand, you have the preps, jocks, squares, and pop-kids who buy into the shiny fashion and psuedo-propagandist mentality of future culture and its promises. Or, to be more gangsta, the shiny dress code evolves from rapper aesthetic and bling (instead of idealism). On the other hand, you have the inheritors of a weird amalgam of goth, emo, indie, and greasers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
PhilWrede at 10:31AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)
Well, if I'm supposed to be serious, then I want Crocs to go away. The company's already going bankrupt, but I want those idiotic plastic shoes to vanish from the earth. There's no question why Mike Judge put all the people in the stupid future of Idiocracy in Crocs.

I would also like to see wool socks worn with sandals become socially acceptable. I think that's why I've not seen anyone walking around like that for years, and it always made me smile.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Skullbie at 11:15AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
I love hoodies, i want them to stay around for 5 thousand years :)

Anyways i dislike;
-Hipster glasses, the ones that are huge and look like an 80 year old man would say they're too lame. Actually i hate hipsters in general.
-Skinny pants on guys, please 2010, just please make them find pants that don't make it look like they tucked it up their bum >_<
-White guys doing japanese style haircuts, it just doesn't work on your hair type man.
-Girls with those waist belts/creepy poof dresses. What is it called, ‘mod’?

I know what i want to see more of but i can't describe it, more textures and colors that look natural i guess.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
amanda at 11:18AM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
Oh, in an ideal world, I could wear what I wanted without people staring rudely. I'd like to see a return to more classic and nicely tailored clothing. Stuff that actually fits. I like very tailored pieces with surprising details and colorful accessories. For example:

Yes. Give me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:44PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)

and purple shirts on everyone. it's my dictatorship's uniform.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
AQua_ng at 5:19PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)

:)

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Product Placement at 5:55PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
You want my opinion?

CAPES!

Works for men,

women

and for your kids.

AQua_ng
Funny that you mentioned those, because I remember seeing them selling something like that at X-Box marketplace recently.

It's only an virtual prop for your avatar though, all the real life versions that I looked up were gay crap with a hole in the “1”, like these:
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Lonnehart at 6:06PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
How about a one piece dress made with small metal plates that's held together by one string? I bet that would be some outrageous fashion, right? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
lba at 7:00PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean

That last one is a transvestite isn't it? You can't fool me. That is clearly a drunken old man in a shiny dress outside of Walmart. That future is clearly a post-apocalyptic waste land.

I don't mind hoodies at all personally. But I wear them as work-clothing because of how often I'm out in the cold.

And as much as I despise Hipsters and Scenesters ( Those kids in the tight pants with the hair swoops who co-opted Screamcore and Emo. ) I don't want tight pants to disappear. Just because I derive too much amusement from walking up to them while they're bending over, crouching down next to them, and saying in the loudest stage whisper possible, “hey! I can see your balls!”. There's nothing like embarrassing those kids with their own lifestyle for a few good kicks.

Really for what I want to see come back is just any cultural movement that reflects some sort of actual purpose or ideology. I think we need it in a really, really bad way. I figure the style will probably change with it.

As for what I do want to disappear:

http://www.latfh.com/
If you ever find yourself on that website, please, please, for the love of God and all that is Holy kids, go sterilize yourself immediately, and take a dose of reality or a good shot to whatever sensitive bits you might have.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
same at 7:16PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
We all know already looking at recent trends.
Quite simpley.

For Britian

For America

For Europe

And finally Japan

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Hawk at 7:34PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
I'd like to see an end to neckties. They're incredibly uncomfortable and they just give your enemies something to grab when they want to jerk you around. And it takes time to tie them. Plus, get rid of dress shoes as well. Why can't we always wear sneakers?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
bravo1102 at 11:04PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(offline)
Let us not go back 20 years for fashion. Let us go 200 years back. Let's do the Regentcy! Jane Austen clothing for everyone! Those high waisted dresses hide a multitude of sins.

And big furry hats for everyone.

It's either that or Star Trek. Classic star trek, not TNG

All these kids who don't know the holy trinity is Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
amanda at 11:11PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
If guys went around in frock coats and furry hats, I would die of happiness.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
DAJB at 11:59PM, Dec. 30, 2009
(online)
An end to tattoos and body piercings would be cool (especially for girls).

Can't quite understand how it became de rigeur to imitate Long John Silver. Unless this fad ends soon, the next decade is likely to see a surge in cosmetic leg removals!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Ozoneocean at 1:27AM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
I love hoodies, i want them to stay around for 5 thousand years :)
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!! D:

Skullbie
-White guys doing japanese style haircuts, it just doesn't work on your hair type man.
Anyone one not Japanese with a Japanese hipster haircut. And anyone, including Japanese people, with Anime haircuts. -_-
lba
As for what I do want to disappear:

http://www.latfh.com/
I concur, but there's a line there… Between arty and individual VS achingly selfconsciously try-hard hipster. I think the website guy confuses it occasionally, which isn't good, because one is the breaking away from the other.
amanda
I'd like to see a return to more classic and nicely tailored clothing. Stuff that actually fits. I like very tailored pieces with surprising details and colorful accessories.
Ahmen!

amanda
If guys went around in frock coats and furry hats, I would die of happiness.
Ahmen!
Product Placement
CAPES!
Cloaks as well. :)
They're good to keep warm in, but your arms haven't got much freedom, they're not as versatile was a big coat of some sort… My preference is a greatcoat- it has a nicer shape than an overcoat. Trench coats are a bit flimsy for real weather, they do better light weather.
Capes and cloaks are nice and dramatic though! ^^
bravo1102
Let us not go back 20 years for fashion. Let us go 200 years back. Let's do the Regentcy! Jane Austen clothing for everyone! Those high waisted dresses hide a multitude of sins.
Hussar Fashion, yes! But the Beau Brummell look is a bit extreme for me…
Hawk
I'd like to see an end to neckties. They're incredibly uncomfortable and they just give your enemies something to grab when they want to jerk you around. And it takes time to tie them. Plus, get rid of dress shoes as well. Why can't we always wear sneakers?
Neckties have been dying for a while. Bussines people here rarely wear them, unless they're going to a funeral or something. With dress shoes, you can get some good ones if you look. I bought a nice pair of shiny black ones made by Hush Puppy last year. They're WAY more comfortable to wear than any of my sneakers. :)
DAJB
An end to tattoos and body piercings would be cool (especially for girls).
There's ways of doing things tastefully and of overdoing them. …When something gets too overdone, it's usually on the way out. I think we've reached that stage now.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 3:39PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(offline)
AQua_ng

They found a way.

Also I haven't gone anywhere without a hoodie for four years. But hopefully people will finally start pulling their damn pants up.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
seventy2 at 4:28PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
Dude, i would totally be for it, if the military went back to the 19th century service dress.

I've also felt like i should go places dressed up lately. in my Tailored suits….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Lonnehart at 4:30PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
Atom Apple
But hopefully people will finally start pulling their damn pants up.

I'm glad that style has mostly died here. It's just weird that guys go around with their pants down so much you can see most of their underwear???. Where in the heck did they get the idea that public near nudity was the “in” thing for fashion these days???

I should also note that most of these these teenagers don't wear boxers… O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 4:41PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(offline)
They at least wear boxers but here it's far from dead. And it's basically just some mating call for the surplus of wasted sluts.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Zang at 10:07AM, Jan. 4, 2010
(offline)
capes….oh great..
Heart Wielders, my comic
a comment would be nice :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Aurora Moon at 10:45AM, Jan. 4, 2010
(offline)
I say YES to capes, cloaks and the revial of elegant wear.

the rest of it.. not so much. the shiny stuff hurts my eyes.:p

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 12:23PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
seventy2
I've also felt like i should go places dressed up lately. in my Tailored suits….
I endorse this.
HippieVan at 4:24PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart
Atom Apple
But hopefully people will finally start pulling their damn pants up.

I'm glad that style has mostly died here. It's just weird that guys go around with their pants down so much you can see most of their underwear???. Where in the heck did they get the idea that public near nudity was the “in” thing for fashion these days???

I heard that started in prisons…the prison clothing would be ill-fitting and obviously you can't keep a belt in jail, so having your pants sagging down around your knees became a symbol of being “tough.”
So basically the teens going around with their underwear showing are imitating common criminals. Or, more likely, they're imitating the rappers and such that first started imitating those criminals.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 5:55PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
Hippie Van
I heard that started in prisons…the prison clothing would be ill-fitting and obviously you can't keep a belt in jail, so having your pants sagging down around your knees became a symbol of being “tough.”
So basically the teens going around with their underwear showing are imitating common criminals. Or, more likely, they're imitating the rappers and such that first started imitating those criminals.

we have a similar story…only it wasn't the “tough” ones that wore their pants with their butts sticking out….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
HippieVan at 6:12PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
seventy2
Hippie Van

we have a similar story…only it wasn't the “tough” ones that wore their pants with their butts sticking out….

What, the gay thing? That's a myth.

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp Oh look there I go being all right again.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:12PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
The problem is that the jeans hanging low thing has mutated into just having the crotch and arse sagging down and nothing really to do with the undies showing because ofton they have numerous tops and shirts and things hanging down over them.

Worse:
There are horrible people somewhere who actually DESIGN the jeans so that they can only be worn that way.
The sight of a hipster in skin tight jeans with his arse sagging away half way down his thighs is a truly revolting thing. -_-
same at 7:31PM, Jan. 4, 2010
(online)
Something id actually like to see. TUNICS!

Or maybe steampunk?

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon