Interviews

Featured interviews
JustNoPoint at 10:51AM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
Greeting earthlings!

I contacted the admins with an idea to interview featured authors. So 1st I was going to come and post to see if there was much interest in this. And perhaps to discuss it a bit.

To start it off we need volunteers and a fabled thing called a “plan of action”.
Volunteer wise there are pros and cons that may make this a little tougher to get off the ground. Because there may be more of a feeling of not getting anything in return out of doing these interviews.

pros are: Possibility of more views to the interview since it's about a featured person.

The featured person receives more love. C'mon, spread the love!

The interviewer could potentially get more traffic from this as well. The interview will have a link to the interviewer. Sometimes these featured comics come to DD as a mirror and garner a lot of traffic right off the bat. Normally the main site will mention with great joy that they got featured here and would post the interview too. Not that this happens a lot mind you, but hey, gambling is fun and destructive!

cons are: well, pretty much having to research the comic/author enough to ask a few questions. In short you lose time and some of these interviews may not even seem to give anything back at all.

People that sign up for this will be signing up to do this periodically. Which kinda comes to the “plan of action” part of this topic.

The more people that sign up, the less often everyone has to do an interview. If 4 people sign up then 1 person would be expected to do an interview about every 2 weeks. Which depending on the view of the pros and cons could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Wouldn't expect many questions for this. Maybe 10 at the MOST, nothing that would over burden.

One of the main kinks not worked out is how each interview is posted.
Not knowing who will get featured at any given time we have to wait to see who gets featured and then give time to interview. So I'm thinking of a week hold out. Each interview should be posted about a week away from the time the comic was featured. In a perfect world of course.

Feel free to suggest and comment on any part of this brainstorm. And of course I'm volunteering to be an interviewer. I'll also need to keep up with who's turn it is to interview and look for (or be) an alternative as needed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
harkovast at 10:56AM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
If they started doing interviews with featured people I would feel a bit cheated, as I've already been featured and so would miss out.
But it probably is a good idea.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
JustNoPoint at 11:34AM, Nov. 20, 2009
(online)
The solution is simple.

Create Harkovast 2!!! A totally new comic that is for real a real new comic and not just being used to get a feature/interview! :]
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:29PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(offline)
JustNoPoint
The solution is simple.

Create Harkovast 2!!! A totally new comic that is for real a real new comic and not just being used to get a feature/interview! :]

HARKOVAST 2?! NO. Like everything that is made into a sequel, it would probably suck. Sorry that I don't have that much faith in you Hark. :).

Oh wait. Gotta stay on topic here. That would be great. I'd do it…maybe. I'd have to become important first. :).
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Gillespie at 6:28PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
I'm willing to interview.

I'll actually put effort into this community project this time, as I've been quite sub-par outside of my comic grounds.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
BffSatan at 10:39PM, Nov. 21, 2009
(online)
I've always wanted to get a little more involved in the community. Sure I could volunteer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon