MAFIA... and other forum games

Forum Fighters! By Mettaur, Hakoshen, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!
Mettaur at 11:31AM, May 21, 2010
(offline)
This post is reserved for voting only.

BOS Paladin,
Votes: Four.
Who voted: TheFlyingGreenMonkey, Mettaur, Hakoshen, ParkerFarker.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin_(Fallout_3)
Gear,
Votes: Two.
Who voted: Alwinbot, I Am The 1337 Master.
http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Gear

Paladin is winning by 2 votes! With a total of, 4 votes!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
alwinbot at 1:01PM, May 21, 2010
(offline)
A gear. No doubt. They've got chainsaws on their guns.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Hakoshen at 1:16PM, May 21, 2010
(offline)
alwinbot

Granted, it's not a bayonet, but there's lots of chainsaws in Fallout as well.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:56PM, May 21, 2010
(offline)
gear.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
alwinbot at 6:07PM, May 23, 2010
(offline)
Hakoshen
alwinbot

Granted, it's not a bayonet, but there's lots of chainsaws in Fallout as well.
but it's not a gun!
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
Mettaur at 8:07PM, May 23, 2010
(offline)
You could use it as a gun, actually, get a fatman launcher and just load it with rippers!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Hakoshen at 8:46PM, May 23, 2010
(offline)
Plus you can't shoot a lancer and start the chainsaw at the same time. But who needs a lancer when you've got a laser gatling gun?
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:39PM, May 23, 2010
(online)
I'm not familiar with either game but laser beats chainsaw bayonet in my opinion.

My vote goes to Paladin. Now Mett can remove the sad faces.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Hakoshen at 5:04AM, May 24, 2010
(offline)
I think officially I'm going to go with the Paladin… complete armor coverage and mobile gatling guns, with bullet or laser versions.
-Harkovast
alwinbot at 7:26PM, May 24, 2010
(offline)
Hakoshen
I think officially I'm going to go with the Paladin… complete armor coverage and mobile gatling guns, with bullet or laser versions.
But think of all the bullets that the gears can soak up. Also, they have crazy agility. With all that rolling in the mud and front flips and crap.

It'll be hard to hit them. And the gears also have a hammer of dawn. Which is pretty much a space satellite laser.
Product Placement at 8:00PM, May 24, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
But think of all the bullets that the gears can soak up. Also, they have crazy agility. With all that rolling in the mud and front flips and crap.

It'll be hard to hit them. And the gears also have a hammer of dawn. Which is pretty much a space satellite laser.
True but Paladins also have access to this.

It's pretty hard to dodge a mini-nuke.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
ParkerFarker at 3:37AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
I'm gonna put my vote towards the palagear.

alright alright, paladin.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
alwinbot at 12:17PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
alwinbot

True but Paladins also have access to this.

It's pretty hard to dodge a mini-nuke.
This is the hammer of dawn. That thing looks pretty heavy, while the hammer of dawn is a handheld remote control laser that controls the satellite. The paladin would die before he could load the nuke and fire it.
Hakoshen at 6:49PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
The hammer of Dawn launcher is about the same size as a Lancer, which is a pretty huge gun, but it still would only weight about half as much as a fatman launcher, which is about 30 lbs (in game standard states 30 WG). The thing is, you have to be outside with a satellite overhead. It takes about 3 seconds from posting to beam connection, and a fatman launcher takes about 5 seconds to load and fire. Preloaded, it fires right away. Plus, in Fallout they have satellites capable of orbital bombardment as well. Case in point, the death of liberty Prime.

-Harkovast
alwinbot at 7:33PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
Hakoshen
The hammer of Dawn launcher is about the same size as a Lancer, which is a pretty huge gun, but it still would only weight about half as much as a fatman launcher, which is about 30 lbs (in game standard states 30 WG). The thing is, you have to be outside with a satellite overhead. It takes about 3 seconds from posting to beam connection, and a fatman launcher takes about 5 seconds to load and fire. Preloaded, it fires right away. Plus, in Fallout they have satellites capable of orbital bombardment as well. Case in point, the death of liberty Prime.

I think the hammer of dawn is a bit lighter considering it takes 4 hit to put down a guy and assuming the lancer is a hammerburst without the chainsaw, it would hypothetically take the lancer 2 hits.

And you need to remember these gears are gigantic. They're like walking tanks, so weight is no real problem with them. And also the gears have grenade launching weapons like the fatman. Not on the same explosive level, but it's disintegrate multiple enemies. You also have to account for their strange perfect reload skills which allow for almost instantaneous reloading.
Mettaur at 2:07PM, June 3, 2010
(offline)
Okay, Paladin won. Now to contact my artist, or find a new one if i have to, and make a new match. Sorry bout this being late guys, just the GM Election and all, plus a trip to Florida distracts a guy quite a bit! So, match tomorrow! And please, send in some requests!
Product Placement at 3:24PM, June 3, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
This is the hammer of dawn.
I'm aware of what the hammer of dawn is. Looks a bit beefed up in that trailer though, not to mention allot slower. Took 40 seconds for it to fire, after the request was sent :P

Also that's 4 hits on guys wearing heavy power armor. I won't deny that the gears are huge beefy man-beasts but they're facing men who've also undergone military training, who happen to be enclosed in a protective layer of mechanized steel.

I know that arguing this is pretty minute, since the current mash up is already finished but I felt like pointing this out.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 2:39PM, June 4, 2010
(offline)
Okay guys, with the current situation we really need requests from you, the posters of this thread, to continue. I'm having trouble communicating with the others, as I can't seem to find a time to talk to Monkey or Hako, so please send in requests for warriors!
Product Placement at 6:05PM, June 4, 2010
(online)
Combatants: Data vs C3PO

Battlefield: King size deluxe bed, with silky linens.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 6:35PM, June 4, 2010
(online)
John McClain Vs. Jean Claude Van Damme

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Mettaur at 8:10PM, June 4, 2010
(offline)
A battle of the evils! And it's three-way, Dick Cheney vs. The Overlord (Overlord XBOX 360), and the winner fights a mystery fighter!
Mettaur at 8:12PM, June 4, 2010
(offline)
This post is reserved for votes only.

Dick Cheney Votes: Four.
Who voted for him: Alwinbot, TheFlyingGreenMonkey, ShirkerSama, Rokulily.

Overlord votes: Two.
Who voted for him: Product Placement, Salsa.
alwinbot at 9:05PM, June 6, 2010
(offline)
Cheney. I mean he shot a guy 'cause looked like a deer.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:14AM, June 7, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
Cheney. I mean he shot a guy 'cause looked like a deer.
They were quail hunting.

Anyway who is this Overlord? I need info. Also is this a fight? Or is this who has the most evil?

Kroatz at 6:21AM, June 7, 2010
(online)
This is the overlord.

He is a big man commanding an army of gremlin like creatures. These creatures have powers, they are able to kill, maim and use fire in their quest for power. The overlord is kind of the bad guy from every game ever, only after the heroes beat him and he starts rebuilding…

The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Product Placement at 11:40AM, June 7, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Anyway who is this Overlord? I need info. Also is this a fight? Or is this who has the most evil?
It's a wonderful game. Like Kroatz said, you order a hoard of goblin minions around in order to fulfill your goal of world domination. Of course since this games takes itself very seriously, it had to incorporate the morality system that you see in every adventure game. Your choice is evil or more evil.

The first game is quite fun. In it, you're playing the role of a resurrected overlord who's running a campaign of vengeance, where he's systematically hunting down and slaying the heroes of the adventuring party that caused his downfall. After their triumphed victory, the 7 heroes who survived that climatic battle went their separate ways to form kingdoms of their own. All of them eventually became corrupted in the long run, and now represent the 7 sins.
There's a big expansion pack that was eventually released, where portals form all over the domain, which gives the overlord a chance to visit hell and fight beefed up versions of the fallen heroes.

In the sequel, you're playing the son of the Overlord from the first game. If stuff like that bothers you, I'd like to warn that this game spoils the ending of the expansion pack. Long time has passed after the first game and a Roman like empire has formed and brought peace and prosperity to the lands. Like any self respected, good and proper overlord, you'll have none of that.
The developers responded to a very important request by many fans of the first game: The overlord needs to be more evil.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 6:15PM, June 8, 2010
(offline)
Sorry I took so long with the votes, but Kroatz and PP, are you voting for Overlord, or just talking about him?
Product Placement at 6:58PM, June 8, 2010
(online)
I guess I'm voting for the overlord. Sure, Cheney is an evil little prick but he wouldn't stand a chance against a magical warlord with an army of goblins.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:34PM, June 9, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
I guess I'm voting for the overlord. Sure, Cheney is an evil little prick but he wouldn't stand a chance against a magical warlord with an army of goblins.
He'd nuke them. Pay a more powerful warlord to kill him. Insight all the conversatives to raise up arms to kill the liberal overlord who if elected will take away their guns. Cheney for the win.

Maybe he'll invite him to go hunting,

Or maybe he will just challege him to a dance off,

shirkersama at 2:51PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
I vote Cheyne. That guy scares the shit out of me.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon