MAFIA... and other forum games

Forum Fighters! By Mettaur, Hakoshen, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!
rokulily at 3:08PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
hm. as i understand it dick cheney IS the overlord. i mean his team are those gremlins but cleverly disguised in suits, he tried taking over the world, and is generally evil. he is just missing the dramatic evil cape, and i'm sure we can get him to wear one of those. so i vote cheney.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Mettaur at 3:12PM, June 10, 2010
(offline)
Now all we need is someone to draw Dick Cheney beating the Overlord…anyone want that challenge?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
mattboy115 at 4:34PM, June 10, 2010
(online)
Mettaur wants me to vote for him. So I am.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
Salsa at 7:33PM, June 10, 2010
(offline)
The Overlord. Just cause I can't fear a guy that goes by Dick.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
alwinbot at 7:45PM, June 10, 2010
(offline)
If your name is Richard, why go by Dick? Same question applies for people who call themselves Bob when their name is Robert.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:40AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Now all we need is someone to draw Dick Cheney beating the Overlord…anyone want that challenge?
I think I'd like to feild this one.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 8:44AM, June 11, 2010
(online)
I personally pick the overlord because I don't think Cheney deserves to win anything. Even the biggest prick competition.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Mettaur at 10:24AM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
It's been too long, sorry for the lateness, but the Dick wins! Cheney has won, this'll be fun to make in the comic. But I think we've made a good amount of fights, now we'll pair winners up against each other, see who is the best of the best of what we've seen so far. Please make requests for who you want to see fight who!

European Knight
Viking
Heavy Mongol Rider
English/Welsh Bowman
Ceitherne
Mongolian Calvaryman
BOS Paladin
Dick Cheney
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Hakoshen at 8:01AM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
There were almost none left. The Vikings had made landfall in the night, and they had slaughtered the peasant militia that tried to stop them. There were a few casualties among the northerner's numbers, but there were still dozens of them. Half of them then had made off to the coast with captured goods and slaves.

Sir Morgan was to stop them. His was a small fief and poorly defended, which made his small village a prime target. The militia were old men, boys, and fools who thought themselves good with blades. Now they were dead or dying. He rode on, his horse at a full gallop, his armor clanking noisily as he neared the edge of the settlement where the last of his militia awaited him to lead them into battle.

“Sir, they're everywhere!” one of them shouted.

“Then stay together! We will not be divided like chattel!” Morgan replied. They moved forward as one, their way illumated by the ethereal flames of the burning buildings. There was a woman's scream, particularly piercing and especially close. Before they could make to identify the direction, a door opened and a man with long, braided hair dragged a woman kicking and screaming from her home. The militia charged, catching the raider unaware. A brief, if futile victory.

A horn sounded as the men exacted their vengeance on the corpse, hacking and kicking at it wastefully, but Morgan did not need to shout at them as the horn roused their attention. Then they came, delving out of the darkness, their dark leather raiment a stark contrast to their iron ringed shields, axes and swords. They outnumbered the raiders he assumed, but his men were not well prepared for this kind of battle. An arrow whistled through the night, glancing off of his armor, but the second caught his steed in the neck, and in a fit of pain and terror it reared, bucking him to the ground.

By the time he had gotten to his feet, the fight had begun again in earnest. He climbed to his feet and hefting his longsword, made short work of the first two to attack him. His formation held, but only barely, until from the darkness swept a golden haired beast, his chainmail glittering in the dark and his two handed axe rending the militia and clearing a path. His formation scattered under this man's trained ferocity, and a dozen small fights broke out in every direction as they scattered to meet the raiders. Such was a strage twist of balance; as this viking was doing to his men, he had just done in turn to the raider's. The fight continued around them, but he knew this man was his opponent, the only worth one among them, and he had a sense that the man staring back at him felt the same. Very well then, he mused.

The fight was on.

God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Mettaur at 8:55AM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
This post is reserved for votes only.
Knight Votes: 1
Who voted for the Knight: ShirkerSama.
Viking Votes: 3
Who voted for the Viking: Product Placement, Same, AlwinBot.

Oh, and some news for our fans…if we have any. *aside* Do we? *back to audience* We are moving to new sites! That's right, Forum Fighters is spreading across the web!
Product Placement at 6:43PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Bah! The Vikings shall make short work out of these walking tin cans.

I'm blood bound to vote for the vikings. After all, I'm related to this man:

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
shirkersama at 7:03PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Knight, plate mail > chainmail.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Product Placement at 7:19PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
shirkersama
Knight, plate mail > chainmail.
We've been through this. Heavier armor does not necessarily = instant win. It slows you down and tires you out sooner. Besides, there's no such thing as a perfect armor. They all have weak spots and Vikings were opportunist fighters. They studied their enemies prior to the fight.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 7:27PM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
Not siding with anyone, but to gather information. I assume you are the expert on vikings, so I ask you this. What if he could not study prior to the fight? Could he find their weakness in the flury of battle? The answer is obvious, so I do not know why I bother asking it.
shirkersama at 7:29PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
It's not an instant win by any means, but it is an advantage. Plus plate mail revolutionized warfare, I mean the halbred was designed specificly to fight it. I can't think of any weapons designed just to deal with chain mail.
The viking stands a chance but in my mind about 7 out of ten times the knight would win.
Meh
Product Placement at 7:37PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Well, when sailing in unfamiliar waters, Vikings would send in a scouts, in guise as traders to asses the surrounding towns. If the defenses were too tough, they would simply trade with them. If they believed they could take them, the scouts would report back and they'd plan a fast strike attack. If war was in the area, they would hire themselves as mercenaries to the side that was fairing better.

It's kinda like having an aggressive business plan, really.

And to properly answer your question Mettaur, if they wouldn't be able to perform a reckon of the area, then they probably wouldn't have been able to mount an army to attack with, to begin with.

Vikings had one crucial weakness. Saturdays. It was their bath day (the Nordic word for Saturday is laugardagur which, directly translated, means bath day (funny, right?)). Enemies who knew this fact would often attack them during that time. That's how the English managed to reclaim England, once the vikings had conquered about half of it.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 7:55PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Voting vikings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
shirkersama at 8:54PM, June 16, 2010
(online)
Scouting is esential in war fare but it's not a huge advantage in a one on one fight.
Meh
Hakoshen at 11:23PM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
Typically, I try to argue for whichever side is losing the argument. Since there was no doubt at all PP would vote for the Viking, even if he'd been written in as a low caste soldier with nothing to his name but a slingshot and a spoon, it's pretty much a given I have to vote for the knight.

I'd probably support the Viking under other circumstances, you know, considering a two handed axe can rend steel, and anyone high enough in rank to carry one would certainly be strong enough to use it… but it's not going to get past that longsword's kill radius.

Also, for clarification purposes, there IS a difference between plate mail and plate armor. The proper term for what I pictured him in would actually be splint mail (which is what plate mail technically is), which looks more like the one in the middle here.

Assuming however though that it IS plate armor, if made before the advent of the firearm, which it would have been, it would have been much thinner and weighed about 30 lbs. If you've ever been on a ruck march, 30 lbs really isn't that much; soldiers in recent eras have carried upwards of 100 lbs at times across their entire bodies, and are still expected to move and fight with everything on them.

So yeah, I'm still going with the knight, whichever armor interpretation you'd prefer to use. It's either splintmail or thin plate, but he's still quick and he's still got the benefit of range and material quality. And shorter beards. That has to count for something :P
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 6:26AM, June 17, 2010
(online)
shirkersama
Scouting is esential in war fare but it's not a huge advantage in a one on one fight.
From what I gathered from the intro narration, it is not a 1 vs 1 fight. It's an army vs army.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 6:44AM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
There is an army vs. army, but this fight between them is them only.
Hakoshen at 7:06AM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Yes, allow me to extrapolate a bit further;

The Vikings are winning the fight overall. That's a given. Morgan and his militia are only fighting about half of the Viking's forces (about fifty of them) and they're getting massacred because they are, after all, peasants with short swords and spears. Their real purpose is to establish Morgan as a learned nobleman and a commander of his own small unit, as knights typically were, and to give someone for our Viking commander to mow down to prove how badass he is. It was also the only way I could think of to get a man in full armor on the same field as a Viking because Vikings on raids didn't just show up, mass ranks and wait for parlay, they attack with the element of surprise and high mobility! (sorry, got excited) So while the first half of the militia was defeated, someone went to get Morgan, who got suited up and ready for battle while the raid went on in the town below. Considering how little time there was to get ready, he would have opted to go with the splint mail over plate armor, assuming he had both anyways.

The contest is really only between Toki (I didn't manage to work his name into the narration) and Morgan, because out of everyone they're the only ones highly ranked, trained, and paragons of what we'd expect their type to be.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 10:55AM, June 17, 2010
(online)
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression that it was lots vs lots.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
shirkersama at 10:59AM, June 17, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression that it was lots vs lots.

If that was the case I'd have gone for the vikings.
Meh
alwinbot at 6:45PM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Vikings, most def. I mean if they can kill dragons, then they can totally take on knights.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
Hakoshen at 8:04PM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
alwinbot
Vikings, most def. I mean if they can kill dragons, then they can totally take on knights.

What do you mean? Knights are the ones who slay dragons!
-Harkovast
alwinbot at 8:29PM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Hakoshen at 8:39PM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Pssh. My lego knights were slaying dragons twenty years ago! This Viking stuff is some new stuff. What next, pirates fighting jedi?
-Harkovast
Mettaur at 8:24AM, June 18, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement at 3:11PM, June 18, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
What do you mean? Knights are the ones who slay dragons!
Vikings are the original dragon slayers.

Remember Beowulf? A viking. It's an old Nordic tale, that became well known in English literature and set the precedence for future dragon slaying tales.

*Does a bit of research*

The manuscript that made the tale famous is dated between the 8th and the 11th century. It's written in old English but the author is unknown. Allot of debate exists about it's true origin but the general assumption is that illiterate vikings spread the tale by word of mouth, for few generations before it was finally documented. That's not a preposterous theory since it's a well known fact that allot of the old sagas were passed down orally for generations before they were written down.

Dragons are also predominant in Nordic mythology. A faith that predates Christianity and your precious Saint George (and it most certainly predates Lego :þ ).

So in reality, vikings taught knights the ye old art of dragonslaying.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon