Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

hello all!!!
draconia11 at 2:23PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
My name is Sydney
I am so excited about having my comic on this site. I will be trying to update every Saturday. Some Saturdays it will be two pages if I can manage it. My comic is a fantasy/adventure comic in the manga style called Split Feather.

I go to school at Rensselaer Polytechnic institute in Troy, NY. It is pretty sweet here, but I am forever busy with work work work. :)

Well. Hello, and please check out my first two pages of Split feather and comment!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Aghammer at 2:41PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Sydney,

Welcome to the duck! This is a good place to chat with fellow comicers. I'm sure the ghost (don't be afraid) and the rest will be by soon to say hi. Be wary of any offered drink or food offered unless it's by Amanda.

Adios, my friend.. I'm off to do some art for my guaranteed once a month updates :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Mushroomcomix at 4:59PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
Welcome Sydney, soon you will be welcomed by a Ghost, don't worry he's cool Eventually you'll meet a zombie too… don't worry. Its the Dark Clown you have to watch out for.
I hope you enjoy your time here on Drunk Duck!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 5:35PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Ahhhhh, good of you to join us Sydney, or should I call you Draconia11? It does have a certain ring to it.

I see you've been introduced to a couple of staunch fellows from our welcoming party: their hearts are pure, though I can't vouch for their thoughts! You'll find the Duck a friendly place, although naturally, the most personable, congenial types are selected for this thread.

We like to combine a hearty welcome with helpful advice and even a little gentle humour - perhaps even mild tomfoolery at times; it's all there to make you relax and feel right at home.

For instance, take Steely Gaze: every ship needs a rudder, and Steely is ours. Why, only yesterday Renga shared with me his view that Steely was a complete and utter rudder!

Did you see what I did there Sydney? I took what began by souding like a compliment and made it into something that sounded almost like an insult! You can bet that when Steely reads it, he'll be chuckling along with us. Oh the fun we have!

Anyway, enough of this chat; make yourself at home Sydney - I'm off to a safe house for a few days, possibly to adopt a new life and assume a new identity.

Be seeing you!
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
RuseBolton at 6:25PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
Welcome to the duck, i see the first bunch are comming out of the wood work to welcome you to the community YAY TEAM AMBUSH!
I had a look at your work & commented, i like it, but i am curious what was ment by your comment “it was done off a photo, as you have little tech in your dorm”??

Either way though Welcome, i'm sure you will love it here.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Aghammer at 7:58PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
Ruse, you mean you read the comments from the newbies? Weird, maybe I can try that sometime.. HA.

Actually, I think Steely is ruddy because of all the crying but that's just me . And who is Tom.. is he new ? Anyway, if a ghost offers you a compliment be sure to read very carefully. They end to be cranky about the whole D E A D thing.

TEAM AMBUSH, first in, last out.

draconia11 at 10:07PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
RuseBolton
Welcome to the duck, i see the first bunch are comming out of the wood work to welcome you to the community YAY TEAM AMBUSH!
I had a look at your work & commented, i like it, but i am curious what was ment by your comment “it was done off a photo, as you have little tech in your dorm”??

I don't have a scanner like most people have, so I as working with a pretty bad quality photo instead of a scan of my original sketch. That's what I meant by that comment :)
Renga Studio at 11:13PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
(Sydney answers the telephone that's been ringing in this thread.)

Hello, Sydney! It's me, Renga Studio! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) Sorry that I'm not here to welcome you in person, but I've been arrested for indecent exposure the other day (I wasn't wearing pants in this forum)! Though I'm incarcerated right now, I has an escape plan! >:) Using whatever materials I can find lying around my cell, I will attempt to construct a crude weather machine remote so that I can use my weather machine to bust myself outta this joint! That is, unless you wanna send me bail money first! 8D Well, have fun making comics here, Sydney! Bye! Oh, and one more thing: Tell the others that when I find out who's the person responsible for calling the cops and squealing on me, he or she will be winterkilled instantly! :mad:

(Renga hangs up.)
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
RuseBolton at 11:22PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
draconia11
RuseBolton

I don't have a scanner like most people have, so I as working with a pretty bad quality photo instead of a scan of my original sketch. That's what I meant by that comment :)

Ah, thanks for the answer, sorry if that sounded like an accusation or something, i was just currious… so no dig intended :)… Unless you want one? :P

-Renga- What have i told you about not wearing pants in the forum… Always remember pants are a conformis part of ‘The Man’!!
So run free my brethren, or as free as you can get in your cell…

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Dark Clown at 6:53AM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
Welcome, We hope you have fun here.

Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
crazyninny at 1:55PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
You smell like stale candy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Steely Gaze at 3:25PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(offline)
Welcome! I see you've met most of our crazy Welcome Wagon. Don't worry, we're all like this. Some just more so than others. :)

I must say, I'd highly advise investing in a decent scanner. No matter how good your work is, it's always better when you have the tools for the job. But that's just me. In fact, considering my normally stingy attitude, you might want to disregard that comment altogether lest I later sound hypocritical.

Now, a warning for a certain sheet-like entity: Scarf, I have the Ghostbusters on speed-dial. Don't make me call them. ;)
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 3:47PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(offline)
Steely Gaze
Now, a warning for a certain sheet-like entity: Scarf, I have the Ghostbusters on speed-dial. Don't make me call them.

Receiving you loud and clear Steely; I'll have words with Renga, but I'm sure it's just a case of high spirits! ;)
Er……..boo!
Mushroomcomix at 5:34PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
Come on now there's no reason to get Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray involved I'm sure their busy hunting down their careers…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 6:29PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(offline)
Mushroomcomix
Come on now there's no reason to get Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray involved I'm sure their busy hunting down their careers…

Hah!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Er……..boo!
amanda at 7:55AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(online)
*stumbles in, hair disheveled, bleary-eyed*
Hi, Sydney! I'm late because I was dru… NOT drunk. After chancing upon a pantsless Renga earlier in the weekend, I have been trying to purge the visual from my mind with sweet, sweet alcohol.

Um. No offense Renga ^.^
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
draconia11 at 8:55AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
Hahahahaha. Nice greetings everyone! ^_^ Thanks for the awesome welcome!
Aghammer at 12:12PM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
Amanda… thanks for that image in my head, urp… gotta go
Ironscarfs Ghost at 12:38PM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
Amanda
*stumbles in, hair disheveled, bleary-eyed*
Hi, Sydney! I'm late because I was dru… NOT drunk. After chancing upon a pantsless Renga earlier in the weekend, I have been trying to purge the visual from my mind with sweet, sweet alcohol.

Your expression says it all!
Er……..boo!
deepcheese at 2:31PM, Oct. 13, 2008
(online)
I feel so sorry for you, Amanda…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon