Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Hello people of DrunkDuck
XeaRi at 8:09PM, Oct. 11, 2006
(offline)
Hi! I've done the whole introducing myself so many times it's gotten a bit boring, and it's hard to think of something good to say. Um… well, I'm new here. I've started my comic for the second time. See, I was about 15 pages into it, then I realized the way the story was going wouldn't work well. So I decided to try writing it in text first (yeah, maybe I should have done that in the first place). I finished writing the first chapter and got an urge to draw again, so here I am.
I suppose I should say something about me. But not too much, as “the internet is a dangerous place.” I'm female (woot), I'm a teenager, I live in Canada (also woot). I love to write (I think I'm good at this) and draw (not so good but adequate). I also like to read but I'm finding I have less and less time for this as homework increases (grr). I'm a proud grammar freak, and most of my errors are on purpose. I tend to use parentheses a lot (noticed yet?) because I like adding my own personal input. My favourite genre is fantasy, because it's nearly limitless. Draw a squiggle, give it eyes, and call it a Woogie. That's allowed. (Right?)
My comic is, therefore, a fantasy comic. I like to think it's unique in that the main characters are dragons, and not anthropomorphic ones (although that makes it a pain to draw sometimes). It's set in a world I created, and am still creating. They say you can't really relate to a character until he or she has background. Same with the world - I can't write my characters into it until it's complex enough. Complex has its drawbacks, though. But enough of that. (I tend to rant and ramble a LOT.)
You can find my comic at http://www.drunkduck.com/Tales_of_Kenah/. I won't be updating often, as finding the time is maddening. Also, it won't be in colour (I coloured the first page because it was the first page).
One thing I know I'll have trouble with is HTML. I'm not much of a math and tech person - I'm more artsy. But I want my site to look cool… I'll probably have to learn HTML eventually, what with the fact that I'm planning to have a nice website when I grow up.
I hope I'm not boring anyone here, and I hope someone'll go read my comic.
- XeaRi (That's my pen name; it's also the main character's name, but I'm not the main character. Yeah.)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
subcultured at 8:29PM, Oct. 11, 2006
(online)
long intro…
i say HI
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
Tantz_Aerine at 4:35AM, Oct. 12, 2006
(online)
Hello there :) Interesting intro.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Vaoni at 5:38AM, Oct. 12, 2006
(offline)
Hey hey hey. welcome!

hehe, woogie.. i like that name. reminds me of wookie.

- Updated! 1.10.06
“You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? ”Hey man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
xkyuketsuki at 12:02PM, Oct. 12, 2006
(offline)
eyeballs….so…weak from all the reading…..

lol welcome ^_^
XeaRi at 12:53PM, Oct. 12, 2006
(offline)
Heh, like I said, I tend to ramble. ^.^

subcultured at 1:19PM, Oct. 12, 2006
(online)
sorry, i stopped reading after “hi”
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM

Forgot Password