Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Hey Doc, what's your Zombie Plan
regiz the painter at 7:32PM, July 23, 2010
(offline)
OK people I'm newish so I decide to make one of my forum topics about zombie plan.

This Forum is for Zombie Plans, so create, share, compare, contrast, and edit your plans to your hearts and brains content here.

Try to kep your language to a minimum and watch RVB if you don't get the quote in the title.

-regiz the painter
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Product Placement at 9:02PM, July 23, 2010
(online)
Zombies. Everyone's favorite topic.

I think every self proclaimed geek has looked through his house and assessed it's strong/weak points during a zombie outbreak. I used to live in this perfect place, back when I lived in London and naturally and since 28 days later just so happened to be premiered, while I lived there, I contemplated this extensively.

It was a house that had a store on the ground floor, but the apartment could only be accessed from the back yard. The Back yard was completely walled in, with high walls and there was a heavy iron gate that you needed to unlock in order to get into it. Once you walked into the front door (which was burglar proofed), you'd walked into this tiniest hallway that wasn't even big enough to store shoes. It was a steep ladder from there, up to the second floor. The second floor had two bedrooms and a bathroom and then you'd go to the third floor where the living room/kitchen was. From there, you could access the roof and walk over to the next house over.

With minimum efforts, you could barricade the front door, so it was impossible to open it. Just throw down the recliner and wedge it between the wall and the door. Since the rest of the apartment had no ground level windows, I wouldn't need to worry about barricading them, but would cover them up, so that no movements could be seen from the outside. The rooftop would then serve as an escape route. From the roof, I could access rainwater and even place a message to the outside world, in case a passing helicopter was looking for refugees. I also didn't have to go far to raid supplies.

I couldn't have asked for a better refuge.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Zeph at 10:26AM, July 24, 2010
(online)
I'd get a tank.

And more tanks. Hell I'd just keep switching tanks everytime one runs out of fuel and ammo. ZOmbies can't drive tanks, just clear enough room and jump tanks.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Chernobog at 9:32PM, July 24, 2010
(offline)
They prefer to be called the ‘living impaired’.

I do have a zombie survival plan pertaining to and away from my house. It is subject to adjust on the zombie variables, such as if they run, whether they can be starved, and if lower forms of life zombify.

It makes the most sense not to reveal it to my potential competition. Sorry.

Also, cardio.

Because whether it's a bear or a zombie, I just have to outrun you.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
PPPchairman at 10:13AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
My brother and I would begin by grabbing whatever frends we have on our “need” list and lock ourselves in the local Walmart. We gather supplies and fix up some vehicles for combat and then make our way cross country stopping at other local malls and gas stations for supplies till we reach the beach then sail to a medium sized island build a chainlink fence around the beach and start living.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
zaymac at 4:44PM, July 25, 2010
(online)
PPPchairman
My brother and I would begin by grabbing whatever frends we have on our “need” list and lock ourselves in the local Walmart. We gather supplies and fix up some vehicles for combat and then make our way cross country stopping at other local malls and gas stations for supplies till we reach the beach then sail to a medium sized island build a chainlink fence around the beach and start living.

I'm gonna say that heading towards the local Walmart is probably the last thing I would do. That is where everyone is gonna be headed first.

You'd be better off trying to find a mom and pop store out in the middle of nowhere.

If there was a zombie outbreak, I'm confident that I could survive pretty handily… If I were on my own. But my wife would be a burden and more than likely getting us both killed. If she were turned, it wouldn't be a question. But as long as she were among the uninfected, I couldn't abandon her.

I would contribute more to this thread, but it would reveal that I have spent too much time thinking about this.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
PPPchairman at 6:37AM, July 26, 2010
(online)
Zaymac
I'm gonna say that heading towards the local Walmart is probably the last thing I would do. That is where everyone is gonna be headed first.

You'd be better off trying to find a mom and pop store out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention we live in a small town near the mexican border and our town house two cemetaries. One to the East and one to the west. So if we did have to fight for the Walmart it wouldn't be with too many people because of it being a small town and the dead are stratigically placed around us.

And the nearest “Mom and Pop” store is an hour drive away.
mlai at 9:36PM, July 26, 2010
(online)
I f'ing hate this topic I really do. Objectively, it's moronic and you know it. If you want to be a survivalist, then at least be realistic and prepare for a nuclear winter, an uncontrolled riot/looting, or a natural disaster that's likely to happen in your neck of the woods, or whatever.

Even if there was a zombie apocalypse, you know you're more likely to be killed by fellow live humans than by a zombie.

Subjectively, I hate this topic because it reminds me of something unpleasant IRL. This tired and stupid topic/genre/story device can just go to hell.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
alwinbot at 6:59PM, July 27, 2010
(offline)
Well, we all know what Doc would do.

Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
bravo1102 at 2:44AM, July 28, 2010
(offline)
Lots of supplies, a secure base and Large caliber weapons and ammunition. Who needs head shot when every hit blows a limb off. A Martini-Henry 54 caliber rifle would do nicely, an Enfield rifled musket will do in a pinch. One hit and their hip is shattered and they're barely crawling.

Of course nothing beats Ma Deuce; the M2 50 caliber machine gun. Stitch it across a line up of zombies, they get cut in half and aren't going anywhere.

My plans for a secure base comvers all contingencies including the USAF getting trigger happy even though I know they just don't do that anymore. Doesn't work. They remember Vietnam and Desert Storm and zombies won't get shell shocked into surrendering like the B-52 strikes did to the poor Iraqis.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
PPPchairman at 6:15AM, July 28, 2010
(online)
Mlai
I f'ing hate this topic I really do. Objectively, it's moronic and you know it. If you want to be a survivalist, then at least be realistic and prepare for a nuclear winter, an uncontrolled riot/looting, or a natural disaster that's likely to happen in your neck of the woods, or whatever.

Even if there was a zombie apocalypse, you know you're more likely to be killed by fellow live humans than by a zombie.

Subjectively, I hate this topic because it reminds me of something unpleasant IRL. This tired and stupid topic/genre/story device can just go to hell.

Dude,chill out I'm sure most everyone here doesn't believe the zombies will come and get us. It's just fun to talk and joke about this stuff. For a guy that does comics you're pretty uptight about made up crap.
lba at 3:27PM, July 28, 2010
(online)
Eh, probably just excessive amounts of home-made explosives/other dangerous objects. But that's how I think I'd probably handle most situations where someone is trying to get into my home and disembowel me.

Come to think of it, that really how I handle most any problem I have to deal with. Just beat the shit out of it until it gives up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 9:02PM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
PIT_FACE at 8:05AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(online)
drink fuckin excessivly.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Randal at 11:52AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(offline)
Chernobog
Also, cardio.

Because whether it's a bear or a zombie, I just have to outrun you.

There is not a human alive who can outrun a healthy bear. Not even Olympic athletes. Top human speed is a little over 20mph, top bear speed is a little over 35mph.

In the impossible event of an outbreak of the undead, my Zombie Event Strategy would be to find the most remote sustainable place possible. Preferably a place that gets shade in the summer and stays warm in the winter. Hopefully an island big enough to support a lifetime of wood burning (at the center of the island, under a tree with some sort of ash barricade, apparently this disperses smoke and you don't divulge your location) so that I could distill water and warm enough not to freeze over. if there was a bridge leading to it, I would destroy it, if possible. (Also, an Island in a large river might be preferable to an island off a shore or lake, though this is pure dangerous speculation)

If my family didn't make it with me, I'd seek out a companion. You'd go crazy in absence of human contact after too long.

I'd also want to see about having a small flock of goats, pigs or sheep, as supposedly if you put a little salt in oil lamps, they don't smoke and I'd want to draw as little attention to myself as possible. I don't know if that would be enough heat to distill water though.

According to Land of the Dead, they'd just walk along the bottom to get to your island… but most zombies have trouble walking on land, let alone underwater. (Also, most zombies would have distended gas filled pockets of flesh or tissue in them and walking or coordinating in or under water would be difficult if not impossible if you're bouyant… never mind that the walking undead is, until proven otherwise, impossible. The likelier situation would be that of 28 days later, where the zombies aren't undead, they're just diseased and dehumanized crazed individuals.)

This is all just stuff that came off the top of my head. I was watching “the colony” which is about these people who are in a post apocalyptic scenario experiment and while they might know how to turn pig fat into diesel fuel and use that to turn a tractor into a generator for the car batteries they found… they're naive as hell and would never survive said bio catastrophe. (The people that beat their asses in episode one would have just killed them IRL)

I was thinking… heck, I'd never put my medicine and food in a building that I sleep in and then act all defensive when a stranger came near it. I'd bury it and disguise it with rubble, only ever take what I needed for that day in the dead of night when nobody is watching, then i'd have no problem showing these outsiders my living space which had nothing of value in it. But only if they insisted on seeing what I might have to hide… in their mind, they'd see I was being honest when I said we don't have anything with us. I'd also have spent a lot more time fortifying my defenses and maybe going a little hungry at first instead of going around gathering supplies that I now can't defend.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Zad at 4:27PM, Aug. 5, 2010
(online)
My Zombie Plan involves raiding all the nearest sweet shops, liquor stores, and marijuana dispensaries. I will steal the nicest car, and loaded up on whatever I got, pretend I'm playing GTA with five stars, and mash X like hell.
Maybe throw a huge “We're All Going To Die” party.
Because there's no way in fck I would survive this thing by myself.

I could also probably just do whatever my dad says. He's extremely knowledgeable in the surviving area of things, and my family would probably do alright.

I'm also partial to the idea of getting the surrounding valley peoples together and barricading us in here. We've got room to grow food, there's plenty of people skilled with guns, etc, etc. Set up some kind of wall (depending on how stupid/etc the zombies are), have constant patrols and the like, it could be a veritable haven.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:42PM, Aug. 5, 2010
(offline)
My zombie Plan:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Thors_Thundershack/index.php?p=726535
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
DrLuck at 11:17AM, Aug. 9, 2010
(online)
I don't have a plan, for the reason I'd either 1) be killed and become a zombie or 2) survive solely on the basis of blind luck.

I'm not giving my hopes up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon