Comic Talk and General Discussion *

hey yo all da alkiez in da house repreZENT
Priest_Revan at 2:13PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
That's sad… and I don't drink, by the way. Alcohol just smells really bad…
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Doplegager at 8:57PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
ifelldownthestairs
this isn't to be like “i fuckin drink YEAHHH” or anything, i'm just curious to see how many people on this site drink a lot.

i know youze folks is out there.
I'd be an alcoholic by now, if only I could remember to drink more often…

I go through phases were I'll drink a shot of vodka in the morning. It's not enough that there is much effect, but my body does feel a little looser. Maybe once every 3-4 months, I'll put down a bottle of wine. Even on those few times when I drink enough to get thoroughly drunk, things aren't that different (except trial and error has proven that I have fewer typos; motor skills go down, but my mind starts compensating with focus).

]If your bored I suggest playing videogames or something with your pals instead because technically pouring booze down your throat isn't a hobby.[/quote
I can think of several drinking buddies who might disagree with you on that.

Whenever possible, I try to bring a bottle of mead with me to conventions. It's not enough to really knock people out of the park or start a wild party, but it can give a small group of people something in common long enough to sit down and have some interesting conversations. It changes the social context in some cool ways. Yay for convention drinking.
Scifi Thriller/Drama: Third Side, updated MTWThFS

Existential Fantasy Horror: A Chance in Hell, updated MWF
Blog: The Rambling Path, updated irregularly
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Paper_Cut at 9:21PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
I had a drinking problem for a year or two, and I thought it was the best when I was drunk.

And now, I don't drink and those were the worst times of my life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Fenn at 10:01PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
Dude, get help before its too late.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
lastcall at 4:18AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
Paper_Cut
I had a drinking problem for a year or two, and I thought it was the best when I was drunk.

And now, I don't drink and those were the worst times of my life.

Agreed.

…Although, those “worst times” gave me some kick-ass comic ideas.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
lefarce at 2:21PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
Calling this thread's title a grammatical train wreck would be too much of a compliment.

Get help or drown yourself to death, either way stop killing our language, please.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
seventy2 at 4:36PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
i think i'm becoming an alcoholic….. :(
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 1:44PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(offline)
seventy2
i think i'm becoming an alcoholic….. :(
Then don't drink, and hopefully you'll be out of that alcoholic- thing.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
ifelldownthestairs at 10:51AM, March 26, 2008
(online)
wow, thank you to everyone who's had something pleasant to say. i really really appreciate it.

seventy2, hit me up. as well as anyone else, please. and not to talk about drinking, i know that it's a bad vice once it's reached the point of excess. i think it might be therapeutic is all, and i hope i spelled that korectlee.

and lefarce, you're a total fucking douche.

“Calling this thread's title a grammatical train wreck would be too much of a compliment.”

i went to your profile and saw that little sprite comic you assist… purposely mispelling words for comedic effect, however poor the results may be (in said case as well as my own), should not be something lost upon you. had you actually read my posts you would have seen that my grammar is rather good. i'll bet you're the type who corrects people when they say things like “lefarce the piece of shit and me” and whatnot. oh, and thanks for the suggestion on how to better spend my time, asshole. not that “drowning to death” is redundant or anything… from the man talking down to me about how to speak our language? nigga pleez.

wow, an alcoholic is telling you to get a life. and I need to get help?

paper cut, you're absolutely right. i know once i get through this stage i will think the same way.

hahaha and lastcall, you're right too. i did a lot of harm to myself, but it was a damn good source of inspiration.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:42PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
ifelldownthestairs
i went to your profile and saw that little sprite comic you assist… purposely mispelling words for comedic effect, however poor the results may be

lolwut

You'd have to have read the original comic to understand, but he removed it.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
parkbenchbook at 12:33PM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
Moderation.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
lefarce at 12:40PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
Holmes had a really bad addiction to cocaine. Although it impares your judgement, senses, etc, he was still able to solve some of the hardest cases in fiction. In reality, anyone can maintain their character while intoxicated. Considering how you, sir, flaunt your addiction, how you type, and your general attitude, it's safe to say that it's only half your problem. You made this thread to discuss drinking, correct?

So basically everything you said could have been sent to me in a PQ, as opposed to just making a spectacle in the middle of your thread, the equivalent of pissing your pants at a party (shouldn't be a stranger to that, I'm sure). If you want push to come to shove, I could just as easily say that your a dumb pile of shit when you drink because you're a slightly more tolerable dumb pile of shit when you're sober. Not by much.

The comic you referenced was cropped, posted by a user who isn't me, who also added me as an assist after the fact. The full comic can be seen here, and was clearly a comic within a comic to show the idiocy of the leading character.

Nice try, but you aren't Holmes, mate.

EDIT: For that matter I'm done pandering to you in public. If you want to be a drunken ass with me in PQ, go ahead, but I'm not wasting the moderation's time anymore than they will cleaning up the last page of this thread.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
ifelldownthestairs at 6:31PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
i did send you a pm, idiot.

and you completely missed the point. way to repeat yourself, and use more poor grammar while insulting me.

jesus, you're retarded.

as for the drinking, i already explained myself numerous times on this thread, it's not my fault if you don't understand it. but thanks for the laughs.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:52PM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
That's it, I'm about ready to roll up my e-sleeves and deliver some e-beatings.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
Terminal at 8:14PM, March 27, 2008
(online)
I wanted a reason to lock this thread.

You guys are idiots, end discussion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon