Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How would the Drunkduck Community function after a major disaster?
Lonnehart at 2:19AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Just suppose I had the vast resources to create a multilevel bunker powered by geothermal energy, and it had enough room to house the entire Drunkduck community. Then, as if I knew something big was about to happen I have the entire DD community shipped to the bunker location and have them all settled in. Then the unthinkable happens… something happens to make the surface of our world uninhabitable. Either a large meteor hits the Earth or Yellowstone Park finally erupts, or some madman pushes the shiny red button because his diety commanded him to do it. In any case, the surface of the Earth won't be habitable for at least a generation or more.

Would you be able to function in the bunker (assuming it's very spacious with lots of room, almost as if you were still living on the surface, but there'd be no sky to look at). What would you do to contribute to the community? What technologies would we be using to keep ourselves sustained (I'd be using hydroponics and various recycling technologies to conserve our limited resources). And what would we do if we found out that other forum communities such as 4chan setup their tribes on the surface and are looking to invade us because we've become very prosperous?

Oh… and I probably wouldn't be assuming any sort of power. That job would go to the Drunkduck Admins. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
lefarce at 2:22AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
I would probably eat all the food, poison the leftovers, and crap in every corner I find.

Soon I would be ejected from the bunker into the radioactive wasteland, where I would gain powers and reek my sweet bloody terror on the survivors. As it turns out, it was I who set off the bomb. And it all went according to plan…

JC, A BOMB!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
humorman at 3:48AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
I'd go,

“Tunnel sankes rule!”

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
ParkerFarker at 3:52AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
humorman
I'd go,

“Tunnel snakes rule!”

hahaha. The admins would be the Overseers, and the mods the Amatas.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Ryan_Scott at 4:52AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
I'd be in charge of marmite and white bread!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
Ozoneocean at 4:56AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Oh… and I probably wouldn't be assuming any sort of power. That job would go to the Drunkduck Admins. :)
Great. :)
My first act is to execute Lefarce, humorman and any other upstarts.

Second I stablish a harem consisting of all the ladies who want special treatment. Skoolmunkee would of course have her own male harem.

Next I would train up an unstoppable army of elites to keep order. All those with military experience would be in automatically in command positions- Seventy, Bravo… I dunno about Cori though, he's a wild one. Everyone wishing to join the army will have to prove themselves to those guys.
Of course the army will be fully equal opportunity, so ladies, guys, furies, whatever, you're in.

That's right: No discrimination for furies!
The fat fetishists however won't be allowed any combat roles. I don't want them starting a revolution and trying to establish a Fattopia. Sorry guys, that dream will have to wait for another apocalypse.

lba can be chief engineer because he loves making stuff.

Spriters can work in the custard mines so that they can provide nourishing yellow, gluggy goodness for all of us.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
skoolmunkee at 5:12AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
If you think I am going to be cooped up anyplace with any of you, you are wrong. :] I'm going to take a gun, a vault combat uniform, and become Messiah of the wasteland. Along the way I will find a trusty dog, make friends with ghouls, cobble together fun and deadly weapons, and maybe blow up Megaton. I might come back and visit once to get you guys out of trouble but only if Humorman will give me a haircut.

If I had to stay in your stinky vault I'd be pretty useless as none of my skills have real-world value. I'd probably end up being a secretary or something. And not ozone's secretary.

IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Ozoneocean at 5:33AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
And not ozone's secretary.
:(

I wonder if the outfit I picked out for you will fit Lonnehart instead?
Product Placement at 5:46AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
I'd ask what government thought it was a good idea to preserve a lot like us?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
PIT_FACE at 10:42AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
haha,i have to echo Product Placement's statement.

i've been planning for this. i buy my undergarments based on what would look cool if all our clothes got blown off in a nuclear blast except the underwear, just like in the movies. see, i'm ready for this, you guys'll just look silly. also, i want machine gun arms and an endless supply of thrash metal, nwobhm and church choir music to play out of speakers sticking out of my head that i can control with my brain.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Jonko at 11:10AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
I just wanna say I hope that Skoolmunkee is willing to share this male harem that Ozoneocean claims he will make. If so I'll just spend my time helping her maintain it… ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Sea_Cow at 12:15PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
Earth would be fucked. Also, I'm betting Kyupol would be the one to start the religious cult that takes over the whole community. Every colony of survivors has one.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Sticky Sheets at 1:12PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
We'd function. We'd just have to kill anyone who didn't want us to function.

What are you doing John? John stop. Stop John. John, I'm scared. I'm Scared, John.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
amanda at 1:38PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Oooh, reminds me a bit of City of Ember ^.^ I want to be a messenger! And I'm vaguely handy - I can cook and sew and knit and rig up interesting rope and pulley systems for what-have-you. Ooh, and teach people lots of different dances!

In reality, I'd probably be the annoying perky one that everyone wants to smother with pillows after about a week.

Edit: Incidentally, this might make a really fun community project or gratuitious, cameo-infested one shot if anyone were up for the challenge.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Ironscarf at 1:47PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
What would you do to contribute to the community? What technologies would we be using to keep ourselves sustained

The most important technological necessity and my contribution to the community, would be to set up a makeshift distillery as soon as possible. Once we all had a regular supply of laughing juice, we could face whatever problems lay in store.

I'm deadly serious about this - without copious quantities of alcohol, the community would quickly descend into a bizarre religious cult with Ozone at the helm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
HippieVan at 1:52PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
I would probably go sit in a corner and scowl at you guys. And mooch your food.

I'm not really a team player.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Lonnehart at 2:24PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
If you think I am going to be cooped up anyplace with any of you, you are wrong. :] I'm going to take a gun, a vault combat uniform, and become Messiah of the wasteland. Along the way I will find a trusty dog, make friends with ghouls, cobble together fun and deadly weapons, and maybe blow up Megaton. I might come back and visit once to get you guys out of trouble but only if Humorman will give me a haircut.

If I had to stay in your stinky vault I'd be pretty useless as none of my skills have real-world value. I'd probably end up being a secretary or something. And not ozone's secretary.

So you don't want to form your own faction that will directly conflict with Ozone's so that the community will remain not only balanced, but always ready to do battle if it came down to it? You don't want to be the girl who's calling the shots?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
PIT_FACE at 2:46PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Lonnehart
What would you do to contribute to the community? What technologies would we be using to keep ourselves sustained

The most important technological necessity and my contribution to the community, would be to set up a makeshift distillery as soon as possible. Once we all had a regular supply of laughing juice, we could face whatever problems lay in store.

I'm deadly serious about this - without copious quantities of alcohol, the community would quickly descend into a bizarre religious cult with Ozone at the helm.

man, we're already dengerously close to that outcome and we havent even HAD the apocolypse yet! so i second that, alchohol is a N.E.C.C.E.S.I.T.Y.

Product Placement at 2:47PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
So you don't want to form your own faction that will directly conflict with Ozone's so that the community will remain not only balanced, but always ready to do battle if it came down to it? You don't want to be the girl who's calling the shots?
When I read that statement, this image came to my mind.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
PIT_FACE at 2:50PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
amanda
Oooh, reminds me a bit of City of Ember ^.^ I want to be a messenger! And I'm vaguely handy - I can cook and sew and knit and rig up interesting rope and pulley systems for what-have-you. Ooh, and teach people lots of different dances!

In reality, I'd probably be the annoying perky one that everyone wants to smother with pillows after about a week.

Edit: Incidentally, this might make a really fun community project or gratuitious, cameo-infested one shot if anyone were up for the challenge.
AMANDA'S COMMUNITY PUNCHING BAG! DONT YOU LOOK AT ME!!!
i like the idea of a community project though!i cant really do anything about it right now either, but i like it!

skoolmunkee at 4:40PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
Nah I already do that. Let someone else have a shot!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Sea_Cow at 4:51PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
Ironscarf
a bizarre religious cult with Ozone at the helm.

Did you seriously not read my post?
lba at 8:01PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
lba can be chief engineer because he loves making stuff.

Dig it. My first project is going to be some sort of bomb-like thing. But one that makes an ever bigger boom than normal ya know? Like some kinda ultra-bomb thingy.

Ironscarf
Second project.

Now suppose one doesn't wish to be involved in a crazy aussie cult-type thingy? What happens then? Do we get exiled and eventually go hermetic in the desert where Skool finds us crazily creating strange weapons and grafting armor to an old Ford sports car?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
seventy2 at 8:30PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
LISTEN UP MAGGOTS.

do you wanna go exotic places? meet interesting people?

We can't do any of that stuff, but someday, maybe your grand kids will. for now, we'll run this place like basic. You'll scrub the floors, with your own tooth brushes. You'll do the laundry, and you'll clean the dishes.

After a while, the bunk will be super spotless, and i'll start making up rules that don't make sense and/or contradict previous rules, with out retracting previous rules. such as “your pants must be tucked into your boots, but they must be bloused without touching said boots.”actual rule in the airforce btw

And then when some other forum tries to invade, we'll be ready by following previous dumb rules.
——-

Lba i need to requisition some things that look like guns but work awesomer. they can't be guns, and i need to pay you 4x construction costs.

Ozone, i need to expand the budget.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ozoneocean at 8:48PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow
Ironscarf
Only Walrus ever does that, It's an aquatic mamal thing ;)
Besieds, Scarf made more sense. Who would follow Kyu?
seventy2
Ozone, i need to expand the budget.
Done! I want fighterjets capable of 10x the speed of sound and invisible to the naked eye and I want them yesterday!!!!!! >:[

lba. Exiles will be hunted.

Next project. Sevety and lba can collaborate on this one: A giant robot that shouts out anticommunist propaganda and bashes people on the head. We shall call it Liberty Prime!
Sea_Cow at 9:36PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Sea_Cow
Ironscarf
Only Walrus ever does that, It's an aquatic mamal thing ;)
Besieds, Scarf made more sense. Who would follow Kyu?

Oh you'd be surprised. Ever watch “The Mist” and think “gee, who would believe that crazy bitch Marcia Gay Harden who keeps shouting about the apocalypse”? Same basic principle. Also, you too have some aquatic elements in your name. Can we be pals?
Ozoneocean at 11:09PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
Sure, we'll be best mates :)
Sea_Cow
Oh you'd be surprised. Ever watch “The Mist” and think “gee, who would believe that crazy bitch Marcia Gay Harden who keeps shouting about the apocalypse”? Same basic principle. Also, you too have some aquatic elements in your name. Can we be pals?
Srephen King isn't too big in realistic situations. ;)
Besides, that depends on charisma, not the nutty ideas.
DefaultNick at 12:39AM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Just suppose I had the vast resources to create a multilevel bunker powered by geothermal energy, and it had enough room to house the entire Drunkduck community. Then, as if I knew something big was about to happen I have the entire DD community shipped to the bunker location and have them all settled in. Then the unthinkable happens… something happens to make the surface of our world uninhabitable. Either a large meteor hits the Earth or Yellowstone Park finally erupts, or some madman pushes the shiny red button because his diety commanded him to do it. In any case, the surface of the Earth won't be habitable for at least a generation or more.

Would you be able to function in the bunker (assuming it's very spacious with lots of room, almost as if you were still living on the surface, but there'd be no sky to look at). What would you do to contribute to the community? What technologies would we be using to keep ourselves sustained (I'd be using hydroponics and various recycling technologies to conserve our limited resources). And what would we do if we found out that other forum communities such as 4chan setup their tribes on the surface and are looking to invade us because we've become very prosperous?

Oh yeah i picture that! First you want all comic lovers to get locked in one place, than you call it the nerd-bunker, make a reality show and laugh at us while we shake our asses in fear thinking we are in danger! Than you say that all cake making chips are broken and you have the last one to make us worship you! Its the perfect crime!
You are one smooth evil mastermind Lonehart, but im on to you!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Chernobog at 2:17AM, Aug. 8, 2009
(offline)
I will be the scary thing lurking around the air vents and cellar, slowing picking off stragglers one by one to feed my horrible mutated multi-legged brethren. You will make old wives tales about me, the thing in the night who abducts children who have been bad or anyone with a vowel in their name. :gem:

The rest of the time will be spent masquerading as an inconspicuous citizen ready to help whoever else has dared taken the reins of authority. :neenjah: Sleep well, lest the monster drag you into its dark claustrophobic home!

Good times.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
skoolmunkee at 2:20AM, Aug. 8, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
And not ozone's secretary.
:(

I wonder if the outfit I picked out for you will fit Lonnehart instead?

This just in, Australian men are the worst at finding wives because they don't like to share in the household duties: it's science. Watch out Lonnehart! Oz will expect any secretary to do all the cleaning, childcare, etc as well as wearing uncomfortable outfits.

And if Oz is overseer I bet he'll only have all the men working on his projects for world domination, and all the women in dumb outfits cleaning the place!

Clearly Oz needs some female opposition, but who?

So you finally got around to playing it, or are you just being a fake? ;)
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon