Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Howdy ya'll
Scorpion451 at 5:37AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
Joshua “Scorpion451” Evans here, just started posting “The Greening Wars” last week.
I'm on deviant art:
http://scorpion451.deviantart.com/
but I'm looking to get my comic up and running here, to keep it separate from my portfolio, so that it can be its own thing.

My non-Greening Wars art uses anything from graphite pencil to acrylic paint, but for my comic I use illustration pens and digital coloring.
My interests are science, art, and music of all sorts.
Especially classic punk; modern fusion (Linkin Park, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, for a couple of examples); and 80's new wave (what can I say, a lot of my early memories involve VH1)

My biggest influences are punk genres like Steampunk and Dieselpunk; the artists R.K.Post, M.C.Escher, and Salvador Dali; and having grown up in one of the weirdest families ever. Don't even get me started on why we had a cow living in our backyard for a few months; or the time I learned that just because the button doesn't do anything obvious, does not mean that you won't get in trouble for having pushed it. What's a “silent alarm”?

But anyway, that's me, in a nutshell.
Updates every Tuesday!

Visit my deviantArt page to see some of my artwork and what I'm up to when I'm playing the not-working-on-my-webcomic game
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
ayesinback at 10:22AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
Welcome Scorpion451! (are you related to Fahrenheit?) Sounds like you have a great mix of muses, I'll have to check out your comic.

on condition. I want to know about the cow incident.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
itsjustaar at 2:29AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Welcome aboard! :3 Pleasure to meetcha.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Scorpion451 at 9:27AM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
Yep, that's 451 as in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

And since you insist on hearing the cow story, here goes:

My grandparents owned a small farm with some cows.
One of the cows decided she did not like having her new calf follow her around and wanted nothing to do with it.

So it had to be bottle raised.(if you have never bottle fed a calf, to get a feel of what it's like: take a large glass of milk, put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then jump up and down while holding it tilted slightly forward. For more realism add in some dog slobber. Note: no, the smell will not get out of your clothes any time soon. But back to my story.)

As my grandparents were getting on in years and my mother was a vet's assistant at the time, the job fell to us, and so we loaded the calf into the back of the van and took it home and set it up “city slickers” style in the backyard, much to the confusion and dismay of the neighbors. Did you know that cows moo loudly when they get lonely? Our neighbors learned that.^^'

The thing is, cows do not stay calves forever. It is surprisingly difficult to load a half-grown heifer into the back of a midsized van. And so the cow lived in the backyard until we could find a livestock trailer that someone could loan us to get the cow from our backyard back to the farm.

Did I mention we were living in an duplex in an apartment complex at the time? I think we were singlehandedly responsible for changing some of their policies regarding the definition of acceptable pets.XD
Updates every Tuesday!

Visit my deviantArt page to see some of my artwork and what I'm up to when I'm playing the not-working-on-my-webcomic game
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
itsjustaar at 4:35PM, Dec. 20, 2010
(online)
You've got some pretty awesome are there. :D I hope the tips I sent regarding banners and the like was useful. ^^ There should be a thread dedicated to which kinds of lengths/heights are allowed in regards to those.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon