Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Ice-Cream, You Scream...
maritalbliss at 2:57PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
This weekend Ethan and I went to a BBQ. Ethan and I rarely leave our house. (We hate people, but love gatherings.) We would much prefer to hang out in a large group with a lot of people we don't know, then spending our free time with people we see all the time. But, sometimes you have to interact with your “herd.”

So, this weekend Ethan and I went to a BBQ; with a lot of loud people that like sports and talking at the maximum volume that one could possibly talk at. I had a migraine before we even left, but we promised we would be there (and we DO weasle out often.) So, Ethan and the “guys” are playin' horseshoes and all the girls are sittin' drinkin' “tea.” All of a sudden I hear, “Lynn…Duck.” Do I duck? No! I look up just in time to see a horseshoe flying at my face. I jumped back, but I was in a lawn chair that was buried in the ground and it didn't budge.

The backward arc of my body DID prevent the “shoe” from smacking my eye and instead it somehow cut the living crap out of the INSIDE of my jaw. I have about a two inch gash right under my teeth on the left side of my gum. It hurts sooooo bad.

Ethan had to go to work a few minutes ago, this is the end of his weekend. He works “TR-Mon” and poor guy spent all morning trying to find me a TCBY. (It was my first job (when I was 16) and my mouth hurts so bad, I haven't eaten since Saturday (What am I Scarlett O'Hara? I didn't eat before the BBQ, and we hadn't eaten yet when I was “shoed.”) So I wanted TCBY and Ethan bein' the sport that he is was bound and determined to get his “lady” white chocolate mousse in a kiddie cup.

But, as I said…he couldn't find one and trust me, he was gone for hours…He came back with: Push-ups, Drum-Sticks, Imitation Bomb-Pops, Three different pint flavors and two different gallon flavors, Fudgesicles, and CremePops. Also, rehardening in the freezer are a: Frosty, Braum's Malt, Sonic Shake, and a Blizzard. I'm touched…But, wow! We can't POSSIBLY eat this much icecream before it gets all iceburny…

When I was a kid I told my dad I was gonna' be an ice-cream lady…I never did. I wanted my truck to play “Take me out to the Ballgame.” Anyway…My question, is what's your favorite flavor of icecream or “other frozen treat” that you just love more than penguins.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Ozoneocean at 3:33PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
lol! Ow, You need to wear a helmet at all times now. :)

If you like we can affix a feed bucket to the visor filled with ice-cream so you can munch away. lol!

Man, that's a horrible incident! Jebus…

As for Ice-cream, English toffee flavour, Vanilla (the REAL thing, none of this “no-flaovor” bland fake vanilla crap), Strawberry… But real vanilla flavour is best. I'm a simple traditionalist!

For cones: Ice-cream with caramel, hazelnuts, and a chocolate flake (Ice confection is even better), sherbet is good too
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Aeon at 3:43PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
OH GOD, Ozone. I miss chocolate flakes SO MUCH. They don't exist here in the states. But man, vanilla cones with raspberry syrup and a chocolate flake were my FAVE in Ireland. And now I want one REAL bad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
Cthulhu at 4:23PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
I wish I knew what to tell ya, except for, “That sucks!”. Reminds me of when this one lady I knew got a hockey puck threw her cheek.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
Hijuda at 4:49PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
Holy crap, was this a metal horseshoe? Who the fuck would be retarded enough to throw a heavy, METAL object at someone? (Unless it was a plastic horseshoe, in which case I partially retract this statement)

Anyway, Orange Dream Bars. Godly.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Phantom Penguin at 5:02PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
A horse shoe to the face?
Damn.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
skoolmunkee at 5:23PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
Sounds like your teeth cut the inside of your cheek. that sounds crappy, it's always when you can't eat that you really want something and then you can't find it. T_T

When I had my wisdom teeth out (impacted crummy kind) I got a milkshake as a consolation prize afterward. Only then did I realize that a person should do no sucking on straws whatsoever with icky holes in their mouth. DISASTER.

We put it in the freezer though and a week later I got my milkshake. :)

I was going to pick a favorite flavor of ice cream but I really can't. I'm partial to the kinds with lots of bits in them though, nuts and caramel and swirls of stuff. Also, soft-serve ice cream in England is far superior to soft-serve in the US. In the US it's more of a mixture with too muck milk to freeze solid, but in the UK it's like some kind of super-whipped milk cream. :) Frozen yogurt doesn't seem to exist in the UK, which makes me angry. Sometimes I really want ice cream, but unless I'm willing to have the calories I can't have any. Jerks.

Also the ice cream man who comes by my house every day is always playing some damn strange music. Have you ever heard of an ice-cream van version of that western-showdown-whistle song? Because I have! (dingley-ding… ding-DING-ding…) There's a long version of the song too.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
SilverWordz at 5:31PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
Horseshoe to the face… holy… ouch… I hope it heals quickly.

And buying all that ice cream for you is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile. :)

As for my favorite: Mint chocolate chip. Though the chinese buffet near here has green tea ice cream that I adore. Sadly I have yet to find someplace else that sells it so I could keep my freezer stocked with it.

And even more sadly, since I'm trying to drop a few pounds, I'm limiting myself to sugar/fat free 30 calorie fudgecicles. Which oddly enough, are pretty good.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
maritalbliss at 5:52PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
Thanks for all the “ouchie” sympathy.

No SM, it wasn't my teeth, the scrape is under the teeth on the actual jaw bone…Yeah it was metal…

I'm also a big Slurpee, Icee…Snowcone fan.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
FoxmanZEO at 5:53PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
Gaytime, Lemon Gelato and most everything from Oak.

(The factory, not the flora.)

'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Ozoneocean at 7:09PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
Also the ice cream man who comes by my house every day is always playing some damn strange music. Have you ever heard of an ice-cream van version of that western-showdown-whistle song? Because I have! (dingley-ding… ding-DING-ding…) There's a long version of the song too.
“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” by Hugo Montenegro :)
That's a spooky tune… Perhaps he out a'huntin'? He's after sum mean varmints! lol!

What does this mean?:
FoxmanZEO
Gaytime, Lemon Gelato and most everything from Oak.

(The factory, not the flora.)
Ok, Lemon Gelato is obvious, but the rest???
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Lonnehart at 7:43PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
Homemade ice cream, any flavor. It just tastes better when you know you made the stuff yourself. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Aereis at 7:52PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
I like vinalla and butterscotch swirl :D

It sucks that you didn't get the one you wanted after all that T_T Hope you get better soon!!

Ps Have you been to a doctor? Get some pain meds with your icecream XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:05PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
Awwww OUCH!! I'm so sorry about your injury!

I've been hit by a metal baseball bat in the 3rd grade. Full force. Right in my face, under my left eye. There was a plum on my face for over a month. But this, unfortunately, did not grant me the power of eating as much ice cream as possible.

Man, I hated it when people stared at my face…

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
FoxmanZEO at 9:08PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Ok, Lemon Gelato is obvious, but the rest???

Gaytime, at least that's what I put together from the violent cursive on the packet, it's soft ice cream, smothered in both chocolate and nuts. Yummeh.

The last one… Ozoneocean, if you haven't had Oak, you haven't had ice cream. It is creamed glory, scoops of GOD.
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon