Comic Talk and General Discussion *

If you were a superhero, how would you change into costume?
Lonnehart at 3:05PM, June 26, 2010
(online)
Oh, great… now you guys make me want to parody her… My idea would be to expose a woman named Honey Kisiragi to some gamma radiation. When she gets mad, she grows extra muscle, becomes six feet in height and loses several thousand points of intelligence while still keeping her beauty (and somehow she'll be wearing a fur bikini set underneath her clothes). And her catchphrase in this form? “Honey Smash!!!”

Okay. I'll shut up now…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Aurora Moon at 3:16PM, June 26, 2010
(offline)
sounds awesome. :D :p
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Pineapple at 4:24AM, June 28, 2010
(online)
I want to show you something but I can't find it :(
On Robot Chicken it showed Clark Kent being drunk and doing stupid things. Turns out when superman transforms he leaves his clothes on the ground, and homeless guys are wearing them. Really funny. Robot Chicken season 4 episode 13, if anyone wants to try and find it for me :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Ozoneocean at 9:50PM, June 28, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart
and somehow she'll be wearing a fur bikini set underneath her clothes
Easy- you know what happens to ladies who grow lots of extra muscle?

They make their own “fur bikini”…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Hunchdebunch at 11:57AM, July 2, 2010
(online)
I don't think I'd wear a costume lol I'd just wear my usual attire. So there'd be no time wasted in changing into a costume, or tripping over said costume. Although, knowing me, I'd just trip over nothing instead while running to save the day XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Ozoneocean at 12:24AM, July 3, 2010
(online)
Hunchdebunch
I don't think I'd wear a costume lol I'd just wear my usual attire.
Wouldn't it get a little hot and sweaty saving the day in a fursuit? Pretty hard to see inside those things too I've heard. o_O

-hehe, no disrespect intended Hunchdebunch! :)
kyupol at 9:04AM, July 3, 2010
(online)
I won't need a costume because good deeds need to be public and exposed. And then what? Threaten my family and friends? Get them to “disappear”? So what. That will only make me into a bigger hero. I'll not just be a hero but be a martyr at the same time and will go down in history as such.

If I was a supervillain, I'd need a costume cuz I don't want my identity to be exposed as I do my horrible crimes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Hunchdebunch at 9:09AM, July 19, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Hunchdebunch
I don't think I'd wear a costume lol I'd just wear my usual attire.
Wouldn't it get a little hot and sweaty saving the day in a fursuit? Pretty hard to see inside those things too I've heard. o_O

-hehe, no disrespect intended Hunchdebunch! :)

Lol none taken! However, I don't actually own a fursuit! XD I just wear normal clothes, usually. Jeans and a tshirt all the way, as long as the shirt is bright and has a cartoony motif on it :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 9:22AM, July 19, 2010
(offline)
I think that I would just start spinning around really fast and hope I could get dressed properly during that amount of time and dizziness. Then I just have to allow my ears to pop out of my hair.

Or just do an insta-change as seen at 8:37 in this video.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Pandafilando at 1:38PM, July 31, 2010
(online)
You see, if i were i superhero i would be Costume-change-girl, my signature and main power against crime would be me putting on my costume, i would do so in such a grotesque anti-climatic and awful way that criminals would have to run away if the want to keep their sanity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
lefarce at 8:56PM, July 31, 2010
(online)
I would develop a lair of some sort where I would spend most of my time researching crime and taking care of it accordingly (and by that I mean I would be incredibly selective. only cool crimes, please). So I would always be in costume, or have a place to change.

Seriously tho if I ever were diagnosed with a terminal illness I would probably go out and do something stupid like become a masked vigilante. Hell I'd be dead anyway, might as well live every nerd's dream before I die. vOv

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Randal at 6:19AM, Aug. 4, 2010
(offline)
If I can ever get it made, you'd know that Jane doesn't wear a superhero costume. She's just a girl who can do stuff. However, if I had a hero who normally wore nice clothes, I suppose they'd perhaps keep an indestructible mechanics jumper or something to protect their threads.

If Poinko had ever taken the initiative to draw eXtra Ordinary, you'd have found that the teams costumes were like school team uniforms, such as a football player or cheerleader would wear. Probably kept in their locker or something.

I think if I were a hero, I'd just wear what I had on. There's so many people in the world now that it's easier to hide out in the open than it used to be. Sure there's video recognition, but with more people around, there are more people who look like you around, and I'd make sure I didn't look too out of the ordinary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Ozoneocean at 6:32AM, Aug. 4, 2010
(online)
Randal
I think if I were a hero, I'd just wear what I had on.
Ugh! No way man! Say it aint so :(

The only point of BEING a superhero is to wear a costume. and the only point of wearing a costume is to wear a cape!
Randal at 3:39PM, Aug. 4, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
Randal
I think if I were a hero, I'd just wear what I had on.
Ugh! No way man! Say it aint so :(

The only point of BEING a superhero is to wear a costume. and the only point of wearing a costume is to wear a cape!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Kroatz at 6:26AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(online)
kyupol
And then what? Threaten my family and friends? Get them to “disappear”? So what.

Wow, that's the most selfish thing I ever heard.
Or at least the most selfish I heard today…
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Vakanai at 4:45PM, Aug. 7, 2010
(online)
Well, first I wouldn't bother keeping my identity secret. Anyone tries to attack me through my loved ones, they're dead. You do not mess with my loved ones. Rough up so much as a hair on their head and the last words you hear are “Vak smash!”
That said I'd still wear a costume. Alright, by costume I mean ‘a cape on top of regular clothes’. Cause despite what Incredibles say, capes are awesome.
And yet I still expect people to ask, “Who was that caped Vak?”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Aurora Moon at 10:43PM, Aug. 7, 2010
(offline)
hmm. you know, masks and or disguises may not even be an issue.

after all, Marylin Monroe was a pro at blending into the background FAST when she wanted to… in real life she was a shy, quiet girl. people had to have her pointed out to them for them to recognize her at all.
But once she started doing that famous walk of hers and changed her behavior, she was instantly recognized.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarilynMonroe

and she didn't even have to change clothing or whatever.

likewise, a lot of other celebrities do it too when they don't want to be recognized.

It's a case of Clark Kenting, really.

so all you would have to do is learn how to do alter ego acting, and be able to switch them on and off at will. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlterEgoActing

apparently, this works very well in real life. :P
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 11:40PM, Aug. 7, 2010
(online)
Aurora Moon
so all you would have to do is learn how to do alter ego acting, and be able to switch them on and off at will.
Nope. I'm still gonna have to go with the bouncing titties.
Lonnehart at 1:37PM, Aug. 8, 2010
(online)
Pandafilando
You see, if i were i superhero i would be Costume-change-girl, my signature and main power against crime would be me putting on my costume, i would do so in such a grotesque anti-climatic and awful way that criminals would have to run away if the want to keep their sanity.

Wow… you just reminded me of how the Guyver transforms… Problem is when his “Bio Booster Armor” materializes, everything within a certain radius around him gets ripped to shreds…

But I guess you would transform like this…

Youtube Video: Worst Transformation Sequence Ever
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon