Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Jesus of Suburbia
Lace at 8:39AM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
I happened to be looking at television today and I saw something about a man in a suburban area claiming to be jesus. He has lots of followers and many more who thinks he's crazy. I dunno about anyone else but I think that it takes more than someone claiming to be jesus to make me believe. You wouldn't expect Jesus to live in suburban america and wearing a pink shirt. I am going to watch the 20/20 special on it tonight. I wanna see what this guy has to say.

So, what do you think about this whole situation of a man claiming to be Jesus? Do you believe it? Do you not believe it? Do you think he's insane? Post your opinion!
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
Believe in your dreams and your determination will last you a lifetime…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
subcultured at 8:48AM, March 6, 2007
(online)
hmm… sound like another waco's gonna happen, or maybe heaven's gate

i hate people like that, they just take advantage of people. jesus did not seek popularity or get interviewd on 20/20.

if the biblical jesus does come back, he would be doing good without claiming he was jesus. because he's altruistic, he does good to do good.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Lace at 9:09AM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
i totally think its a publicity stunt. i hate people like that too. i just dont understand what people expect to accomplish by doing stupid things to get attention.
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
LowResAtari at 9:37AM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
This thread reminds me of Office Jesus.
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
Lace at 10:16AM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
LowResAtari

omg that was mildly entertaining XD!!!
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
LilyRose at 11:43AM, March 6, 2007
(online)
Lace
i totally think its a publicity stunt. i hate people like that too. i just dont understand what people expect to accomplish by doing stupid things to get attention.

Getting attention, obviously. And what better way to get attention than to do something stupid?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
Alexis at 12:01PM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
If someone was ever really Jesus or a prophet or something we would never believe. The guy who did one of my piercings had an interesting view of this sort of thing. He said “the problem with religion is that they are all based on some guy who came running out of the woods sayins he talked to god. I do that all the time, but no one believes me because I'm on acid.” Then he pierced me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Lace at 3:42PM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
Alexis
If someone was ever really Jesus or a prophet or something we would never believe. The guy who did one of my piercings had an interesting view of this sort of thing. He said “the problem with religion is that they are all based on some guy who came running out of the woods sayins he talked to god. I do that all the time, but no one believes me because I'm on acid.” Then he pierced me.

that is true too but it takes alot more than tv publicity to make me believe. i will be watching the special tonight. it intruges me.
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
herio at 4:36PM, March 6, 2007
(online)
silly man

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
reconjsh at 5:48PM, March 6, 2007
(online)
Lace
I happened to be looking at television today and I saw something about a man in a suburban area claiming to be jesus. He has lots of followers and many more who thinks he's crazy. I dunno about anyone else but I think that it takes more than someone claiming to be jesus to make me believe. You wouldn't expect Jesus to live in suburban america and wearing a pink shirt. I am going to watch the 20/20 special on it tonight. I wanna see what this guy has to say.

So, what do you think about this whole situation of a man claiming to be Jesus? Do you believe it? Do you not believe it? Do you think he's insane? Post your opinion!

Before the original Jesus came, everyone knew for certain he was going to come on a golden chariot and would be a noble king of important origins. And when he was born in a humble manger, no one believed he was who he claimed he was because “they never expected Jesus to live in suburban america wearing a pink shirt.”

Just a thought.

But yeah, a lot of crazies have claimed to be Jesus. Maybe they all were, who knows. Not understanding the second coming doesn't damn me… so I'll remain skeptical until I can tell otherwise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Lace at 6:08PM, March 7, 2007
(offline)
i saw the primetime special on the suburban jesus. I for got his name but his last name is DeJesus. my outlook is… he's a fraud. sadly enough he's got lots of followers. he's also a lier (beside the fact that he claims to be jesus). i found out lastnight that he isnt from the united states. hes from puerto rico bbut he's gained welth off of being “jesus” so he came to the states and made a church in miami florida. this so called jesus drinks, smokes and uses 666 as his symbol. he lovesto jump from woman to woman (as in he cant stay married becuase his last wives were non-believers), believes in divorce and claims to not believe in sin and the devil.

There was also a segment stating that he has a website and claimed he had a degree in religion or some junk. he admit on primetime lastnight that he didnt have such a degree. it was just a paper with no named university. also, he says that he doesnt believe in being drunk, but only to enjoy the drinks. Primetime looked up his record and it shows that he had been arrested for drunk driving. ALSO, he was a theif and broke the law alot when he was young (of course we all know jesus was born of humble beginnings but this guy is just wrong).

My conclusion of the whole situation is that he is just some man trying to start a cult to make money off of wild and stupid idea that people just happen to believe. as previously stated, there were lots of people who claimed to be jesus but this guy just doesnt sit right with me. of course if someoen claimed to be jesus we would need proof that he was but until i see some REAL proof, i wont buy it.

~*Lace*~
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
subcultured at 6:15PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
like i said, i think if jesus would come back, he won't claim to be him.

why? because he would be face with persecution from the churches. because churches have a lot of power, and it's hard for them to give that up.

why do you think they cover up those sex crimes in the churches? cause they don't want people to not believe in the church. so they rather harbor evil than give up power.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Generic Human at 6:23PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
Lace
LowResAtari

omg that was mildly entertaining XD!!!

Completely mildly entertaining! I was partially amused, and slightly bemused!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Lace at 10:49PM, March 7, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
like i said, i think if jesus would come back, he won't claim to be him.

why? because he would be face with persecution from the churches. because churches have a lot of power, and it's hard for them to give that up.

why do you think they cover up those sex crimes in the churches? cause they don't want people to not believe in the church. so they rather harbor evil than give up power.

I'm certain youre right about it. I just wanted everyone to know what I found out on the special since I started the thread. i dont think that jesus would tell who he was either. its sickening that people would have to jesus' good name to profit off of it. sad~

~*Lace*~
Digital Desire

*~Lace~*
Senretsu at 6:50AM, March 10, 2007
(offline)
I got drunk and called myself Jesus once.
And I know I'm not Jesus. =S

If I could say I was Jesus, So could he, is what I figure. ^^;
I wear a mean dark pair of shades… And you can't see my eyes, unless my head is bent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Ozoneocean at 7:47AM, March 11, 2007
(online)
A lot of Spanish speaking people are called Jesus so maybe his name really is Jesus?

Yeah, anyway, biblical Jesus probably was a real man, but he died. All the stuff about resurrection is mythology, it's nice to believe in lovely religion but please don't be too serious about mythology.

If there was actually ever a son (or daughter) of god to ever be born as a human being in the modern day then they would MOST LIKELY be called by an ordinary common name of whatever people they were born into. I mean, the Jesus bible character didn't have a godly name, he had a common Jewish name that his human mother and father gave him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon