Networking & Community Projects*

Legal battle for Superman, and we must band together to save our favorite hero.
Vdude at 6:06AM, Sept. 28, 2007
(offline)
Heard the news? The siegel family and DC comics are still fighting over the rights to Superman.It's been going on since 2004. The siegels took the rights to Superboy, and now Superman. I even heard that they are going to terminate the rights in 2013, or uphold it. By january, 22, 2008, the trial over the rights to Superman begins. Also, Bryan Singer will be in court to be probably disposed of the Superman franchise because of the legal rights. This is shocking. So it is time for us to take a stand. We do not want Superman to leave the DC universe. We are going to fight until we win. The best way to do this is to write DC comics a letter to tell them there is no reason for them and the siegels to fight over the rights to the man of steel. We know that Superman may come back as well. Still in all, we must do something to keep Superman in the DC universe. Time we fight to keep our hero in the DC universe, and make sure the siegel family and DC comics share the rights without fighting over the rights to Superman. Who is with me?
Legacyhero and i are doing a Kid Intense/Hero Force crosover which will be a blast. Also, we are teaming up for a Kid Intense movie. Tell me what you think of the crossover and the movie we are teaming up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Evil Emperor Nick at 7:07AM, Sept. 28, 2007
(offline)
I doubt superman is going to leave the DCU.

This is just a fight over money and I think that there is much less legal evidence for the superman case in which the character was clearly sold then superboy who was spun off from superman.

They have this fight over the right to Dr. Who's Daliks(SP) all the time. The problem is Daliks are a pretty worthless property outside of Dr. Who so every few years the owner makes a fuss about getting more money and they work out a deal.

I really doubt even if DC looses this battle that superman will be going anywhere. At worst they will probably just replace him. After all even though DC lost the rights to superboy several superboy related characters like his clone Match are still owned by DC. I'm sure they will figure out something.

Personally I think it might be a good thing, it would give DC a kick in the ass to start making better characters and stories instead of relying on the same old stuff over and over again.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Rusty Knight at 7:19AM, Sept. 28, 2007
(offline)
Evil Emperor Nick
Personally I think it might be a good thing, it would give DC a kick in the ass to start making better characters and stories instead of relying on the same old stuff over and over again.

That won't happen. DC will just rely on whoever is left *ahem* Batman.

Although I don't even like Superman, I feel that he should belong to DC anyway. This is obviously the work of some greedy family member who was talking to some guy who thinks he knows law at a bar, and then was like “LOL LETS SUE DC COMICS LOL!”

In my opinion they're not doing very good if they just got Superboy.
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:13PM
Hyptosis at 5:07PM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
Super who?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon