Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafa XXXV: Babes, Booze, and Bullets Sign Up thread
jninjashadow at 8:34PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
Mafia XXXV: Babes, Booze, and bullets!
Basic Game, 1920's flavor.

Headline: The mafia are stirring up trouble again here in Townston! With the roaring twenties in full swing, can the hapless citizens protect their peaceful town, or are they dancin' their last Charleston?

For those who don't know, Mafia is a narrative based RPG. You get assigned a role, and you then use said roles powers to help your team to victory. The game is broken into phases; day and night. At day, people vote for whom kill in the town's lynch (on day one, it is the elected officials who get voted for) and at night, those who can kill, will make their moves. That's the basics. So then, wanna play?

Roles:
TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafia/ serial murderers.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous powers… POLITICAL POWERS!
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count to 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player gets to vote on two different people.
And IIIIIEEEEEIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUOOOUUU: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let’s Start This Shindig!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-lynch

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor the Pardoner is there to ruin all the fun 9By which I mean lynches). He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 lynches during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, they can only be regular townies.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Flapper Girl
A wild and loose symbol of the times. She can cancel the powers of one individual a night by… er, distracting them with her shocking disregard for 1920's social restrictions Bare ankles? THAT HARLOT!.

Detective
You are a hard boiled man of the law. A real Gumshoe. You have quite a few powers at your finger tips. At day you can ether: A) Ask if an individual took part in a murder, or b) ask about a players alignment. Once per game, you may ask how many of the mafia voted in an election (you will get only numbers). At night, if you haven't used any powers that day, you may go out and kill! That's right, you can actually DO something about it for once.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad bomber’s special ability is to plant bombs throughout the whole game on specific players. He may only have a max of two bombs in circulation at any time. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter die, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. He can also detonate a bomb whenever he sees fit. (A clue will be left in this case.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle. Have fun!

Bootlegger
Beyond any goon, the bootlegger has been helping the Don get around that pesky prohibition. His power (beyond nightly killing) is that he can recruit one other player to the mafia's team. Requires me to invite said player, and the invited player WILL know who did the inviting. If accepted, the invited player becomes a goon in ADDITION to their existing role (kill powers DON'T stack so no double kills)

u]SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

Town Drunk
The serial murderer gained competition when the speakeasys opened up. The town drunk is even more dangerous than his counter part. Beyond the ability to kill, the town drunk has a second night life, and it recharges after one night (if it is lost night one, it returns night for 3). He must be the last man alive to win, and he must be dead for a townie victory.

Role count:
1 mayor
1 pardoner

1 detective
1 flapper
1 paranoid
1 vigilante
1 veteran
2 medics

1 don
2-3 goons
1 mad bomber
1 bootlegger

1 serial murderer
1 town drunk
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
jninjashadow at 8:35PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
Signed up:
1: Niccea
2: Salsa
3: Anthony Mercer
4: I Am The 1337 Master
5: shirkersama
6: Mettaur
7: alwinbot
8: TheFlyingGreenMonkey
9: Kroatz
10: rokulily
11: Hakoshen
12: Product Placement
13: harkovast
14: Peren
15: maru
16: Same
17: TaylorTimeTurner
Niccea at 9:01PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up, Scotty.

*steals a new avatar*
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Salsa at 10:27PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(offline)
in! avi later…math now.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Anthony Mercer at 3:10AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Sign me up, please!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:14AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
I'm hidden in the sewer grate.

I sign up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
jninjashadow at 4:35AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Niccea
*steals a new avatar*
Heh, welcome to the Red-Tie Mafia

I Am The 1337 Master
I'm hidden in the sewer grate
Shush, you'll ruin the surprise!

“Everything floats down here”
shirkersama at 8:22AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Sign me up.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Mettaur at 10:42AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
How could I not sign up? A classic mafia game, as in the classic mafia! Sign me up, shea?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
alwinbot at 12:30PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
sign me up.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:57PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Sign me up.

Also why am I a girl in the banner? Heels and a skirt. If that isn't me why are they wearing my green hat? Only one can wear the green hat! And since than one died I have been wearing it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Niccea at 12:58PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Sign me up.

Also why am I a girl in the banner? Heels and a skirt. If that isn't me why are they wearing my green hat? Only one can wear the green hat! And since than one died I have been wearing it.
Jay found out your secret, Monkey. You can't hide it any longer.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Kroatz at 1:21PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Sign me up.

You're a bunch of kittens in a girl suit.

And I, Kroatz the Dexter, am in.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
rokulily at 1:45PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
hey- sign me up. gotta an era ta replicate and mayhem to ensue. i'll be waiting by the gettaway wagon- just make sure ya got me vanilla extract, see?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Hakoshen at 4:50PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
What the hell. I'll do it. I'll play.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:55PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
“Everything floats down here”
I've sunk before but you get the jist (and it's “We all float down here,”).

Sets up my next avatar.
same at 6:01PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Since I wont be playing any more I'll get this out of the way.

Elect me for mayor!
Who gives a shit. I didnt wanna be mayor anyway.
Yay. Insta-lynch.
Stop bitching or whatever it is that happens during this game.
Mettarguement!!!
Everyones butthurt.
Egads! I didnt expect to be killed by (Insert username)
Im gonna go mope.
I dont care that I died.

The end.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:18PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
same
Elect me for mayor!
Yay. Insta-lynch.
Mettarguement!!!
Everyones butthurt.
Im gonna go mope.
I dont care that I died.

The end.
And happily ever after?
jninjashadow at 6:26PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
same
Since I wont be playing any more I'll get this out of the way.

Elect me for mayor!
Yay. Insta-lynch.
Mettarguement!!!
Everyones butthurt.
Im gonna go mope.
I dont care that I died.

The end.
Same the passerby boy has been killed, came to terms with it, and is now probably playing video games.

TFGM
If the heels fit XP

Roku
i'll be waiting by the gettaway wagon- just make sure ya got me vanilla extract, see?
When 'ave I evah fo-got, eh?
Salsa at 7:43PM, Oct. 1, 2010
(offline)
Now, I's gots an avatar woith showin' offs tos youse guys.

Here's da oiginal drawin'

Now, doin't makes mes mad ya hear!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
alwinbot at 12:25AM, Oct. 2, 2010
(offline)
I like it.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Mettaur at 9:35AM, Oct. 2, 2010
(offline)
Ish 'ery good, shea?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
same at 9:43AM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Shea is Irish for Shay. And its pronounced the same way.
You just sound like a drunk man talking to a person called Shea.
Mettaur at 9:50AM, Oct. 2, 2010
(offline)
DAt's ‘ow I shoun’ in 'eal life, shea? Damned brashes, shea?

My damned braces..
jninjashadow at 12:15PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Mettaur

Saw it coming…
Ochitsukanai at 12:20PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
Saw it coming…
Eh, at least the kid won't end up with friggin' hideous teeth.

Like mine

-sob-

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 12:29PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Ho ho ho. You silly people and your need for braces.

I never needed braces.

Me teeth simply decided to look this good.

…also, sign me up.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
rokulily at 12:39PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
brag brag brag perfect teeth ho ho ho ho brag brag brag braginton mcbragsalot, brag pitt, sir bragsvilles, braggy bilbo braggins brag

… some people need extra help okay?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
same at 12:50PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Owww. Braces. Oh well.
Ochitsukanai at 12:51PM, Oct. 2, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Me teeth simply decided to look this good.
Yes, well, not everyone has sentient teeth that hold tooth conferences to determine things. Not all of us are so fortunate D:

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon