MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia 42: The Forgotten Year
ayesinback at 5:02PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Ok. Seriously. When on earth did that become a tradition? Who made it a tradition? Answer me! ANSWER MEEEE!!!
Silly viking!
Seventy2
actually, when i don't die the first night, it's because i'm off killing product placement.
I've only played five games, but I have picked up on at least this much.

I'd like to see the tradition book. sure, there's a rule book, but where's the Tradition book?

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
seventy2 at 5:47PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
I'd like to see the tradition book. sure, there's a rule book, but where's the Tradition book?

It's the unwritten rules of mafia.

put together by years of games. and others. and knowing someone. but not in the biblical sense.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:51PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Ok. Seriously. When on earth did that become a tradition? Who made it a tradition? Answer me! ANSWER MEEEE!!!
Will I think out of the times I killed you only one was on the first night. And that was due to a dice. Blame the dice Product. BLAME THE DICE!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 6:13PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
BLAME THE DICE!
NEVER!!!

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
blindsk at 8:44PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
seventy2
It's the unwritten rules of mafia.

This is only my second game, but it's good to know these things!

Alright, so I'm supposed to kill Product on night one, got it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Ochitsukanai at 9:02PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
It seems like Produpla purposely doesn't solve clues openly and lies low because he wants to live, but somehow attention ends up getting drawn to him every time as though by magic. It's tragically astonishing. >_>;
ayesinback
I'm really surprised it's only been five games, you're like a regular already.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:01PM, May 17, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
Product Placement
Silly viking!
Seventy2
actually, when i don't die the first night, it's because i'm off killing product placement.

Only five games? I agree with Ochi in my heart your a regular!

One tradition: If TFGM is running for office and doesn't reveal his role you elect him as pardoner. He can not be trusted as mayor. If he reveals his role you don't vote for him to be in office.

Another tradition: If you are going to do something randomly you get a dice not a online simulator. A real dice.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 6:25AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Ochitsukanai
but somehow attention ends up getting drawn to him every time as though by magic.
Not magic. It was ayes who brought it up.

You guys want a tradition? I'm hereby going to suspect anyone who starts a game by wanting me dead for no apparent reason.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:12AM, May 18, 2011
(offline)
I never really tracked Traditions. But I have noticed some trends. Never try to be pardoner to Hark's mayor, you will be instalynched for no reason other than the fact that he hates the pardoner role.

If you are loud you are mafia.

If you are quiet…you are mafia.

Therefore, everyone is mafia and the game is just a sham. (Niccea, what about the ones that are talking more or less the same? SILENCE DECENTER!)

When TFGM says he wants to prove himself or make up for the past during mafia elections, he is usually the godfather.

Produpla will die early one way or the other. (though recently he has lasted pretty long)

Mettaur will come in with a new obsession every month or so and get made fun of for it.

Crocty and Ochi are rivals. Do not try to get in the way of their rivalry. Ochi bring about Crocty's death or die trying and gets upset when she misses this chance.

I'm usually a gullible fool in the games. When I make office, I can never trust my co-leader.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
ayesinback at 8:13AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
D'aaaww. Thanks Ochi and TFGM!

Product Placement
Ochitsukanai
but somehow attention ends up getting drawn to him every time as though by magic.
Not magic. It was ayes who brought it up.

Not precisely.
(a) I am somehwat magical, ergo: if a = c, then c = a

and (b) have we already forgotten classic viking theories?

Product Placement
, I've noticed a trend. Every time I'm the paranoid, is protected by someone or can survive the night in any other way, I end up being left alone by the evil nasties of townston.

But when I'm a normal townie…? Look out you guys! Product Placement is one crafty foe who needs to be taken out as quickly as possible. Heaven forbid that he's allowed to live the first night.

Will be interesting to see if this theory holds ground.

After night 1:
Product Placement

Who was right? What did I tell you? What did I fricking tell you? My theory stands the test of time.

you may think you saw what what you think I did, but what did you think you saw me doing? and did I indeed do it? I think not.

No. no need to answer that. Really. No (I've got a vid all ready - don't make me use it)
Zeph at 9:27AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Another Tradition: I like to be brutal in narrations, and my attacks. Got a reputation to keep… Mayhaps.

Apparently I'm part of team awesome too, so don't mess with that. Or Hark'll lynch you.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
ayesinback at 9:39AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Zeph
Another Tradition: I like to be brutal in narrations, and my attacks. Got a reputation to keep… Mayhaps.

Apparently I'm part of team awesome too, so don't mess with that. Or Hark'll lynch you.
I have noticed a certain penchant for blood and fire - but you also incorporate those in an almost poetic way, establishing a certain irony with respect to the description of locale.

YES! this team awesome is exactly the kind thing-a-ma-bob a newbie doesn't know about, although I heard that you and Hark “play for the same team”? Is this what makes it awesome?

o__O
Zeph at 9:44AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
I really have no idea really. Hark came up with all that, I just go along with it.

And thank you, sheer brutality, and gore is blah, but when it works well into the story, now that's classy.

None of this SAW crap, I can assure you that will never happen in something I write.

What lies behind door number 1!?

Or was it 2..
which door are we on again?

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
harkovast at 10:38AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Is product placement dead yet?
Seriously, what do I pay these assassins for?

Now have to figure out who we feed to Zeph's skull head lizard creature…any suggestions?

Ayesinback- Team awesome is what happens when bad meets evil, when awesome meets disco, when drama meets banana.
The first rule of team awesome is…we ALWAYS talk about team awesome.

Thats is, ayesinback must be lynched! He's giving away the secrets of team awesome, which is my job.

Zeph change the rules to get rid of that guy!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
ayesinback at 10:51AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
harkovast
Is product placement dead yet?
Seriously, what do I pay these assassins for?

Now have to figure out who we feed to Zeph's skull head lizard creature…any suggestions?

Ayesinback- Team awesome is what happens when bad meets evil, when awesome meets disco, when drama meets banana.
The first rule of team awesome is…we ALWAYS talk about team awesome.

Thats is, ayesinback must be lynched! He's giving away the secrets of team awesome, which is my job.

Zeph change the rules to get rid of that guy!

but – but - I READ HARKOVAST! seriously, some wad even called me a jackhole for it. I've suffered just to read the scrumtrulescence that is Harkovast, O Mighty Arbitrator of Whimsical Cruelty!

@zeph. that's right. go get “the guy” ayesinback. :neenjah:
I see this 1.99 mask has come in handy already
Ochitsukanai at 10:59AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
To be fair, it's very tough to determine the gender of a mic stand. I'd never have managed to if I hadn't minored in it.

harkovast at 11:21AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Wait…they are letting girls play mafia now?
Impossible!
Girl's cant read!

Ayesinback, while your gender claims sound like outrageous boasts, I am swayed by your argument that you read Harkovast.
I guess we can let you live.

And who the hell called you a jack hole for reading it?
What kind of evil, twisted mind could do such a think?
Don't they realise that everyone should READ HARKOVAST?

ayesinback at 11:22AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Ochitsukanai
To be fair, it's very tough to determine the gender of a mic stand. I'd never have managed to if I hadn't minored in it.
I'll grant that it's not for the uninitiated, but this is HARK
(and will someone please shush that angelic choir that springs into voice at the mere combination of those h +a +r +k letters!!?!)

btw: Have you checked out the Nyan Cat Bakery?

edit:
harkovast
Impossible!
Girl's cant read!

Ayes like the purty pictures
Zeph at 11:32AM, May 18, 2011
(online)
I don't read it. But that's just cause that's part of team awesome, it's a mutual understanding, I don't like Anthro, Hark doesn't like revealing outfits, so we leave each other's comics alone.. Someones gotta balance Hark out. He's the Hark, I'm the Zeph, and thats the toaster. Who is a traitorous bitch! QUICK LYNCH THE TOASTER! MAKE IT FEEL THE WRATH OF AWESOME! Oh… my toast is done.

Okay that is just an awesome blur of What the F*ck berries. Look at that, the words don't even shrink, they're practically devouring each other.

both creepy, and at the same time entertaining.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
gullas at 12:40PM, May 18, 2011
(offline)
clearly most people here have issues here (mostly Oedipusian tendencies) that needs to be solved…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Zeph at 1:17PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
No more actions, narration in an hour.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Product Placement at 1:50PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
and (b) have we already forgotten classic viking theories?
Quoting me from a previous game? Pff, there should be a law against that.

The “Product dies the first night when he's a townie” theory is older then that though, and had been brought up before. I think my post at the time was the first time I acknowledged it, though.

Besides, it's quite obvious that it's not that accurate of a theory. After all, a certain someone did attack me in the last game, when I was the paranoid.

…Same.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Zeph at 2:11PM, May 18, 2011
(online)

As the group entered the doorway they could feel their souls being torn from their bodies, it was unbearable. As if their flesh was being slowly torn off by unseen specter's hands. Suddenly massive rifts opened around them, hands grabbed onto them, tearing them from the ground and whipping into places unknown.

Two of them landed in a dark room, there was a red liquid around their feet. “BLOOD?!” one of them roared, the other looked around at their surroundings.
“This is in fact odd…” the other one seemed less disturbed by the situation. The first stared at him, “How can you remain so calm?!”
“Look, if we don't keep our heads on straight, we're going to end up like Roku, and Zeph, do your really want that to happen?”
“You're with them aren't you!? That's why you're so calm! BECAUSE YOU'RE A DEMON JUST LIKE THEM!”
The second person stared at him with a dull expression, really? Was he going to be this absurd?

Without hesitation he charged at the second person, picking a blunt object off the ground, he jumped into the air, but before he could smash the other's head in, the lights went out, it was absolute blackness, he didn't feel the impact of the blunt object to human skull. He stumbled forward dropping his weapon.

Elsewhere Same and another rolled down what looked like the inner wall of something's insides. Giant rib bones arched over their heads as they smashed into the hard muscular floor. “Damn it…” same got to his feet, “I need to save Roku,” he looked over to the other person, they were bleeding pretty bad, curled up in the fetal position. “Hey.. you alright?” Same muttered, he couldn't make out their face it was too dark, it smelt like a combination of piss, and food products in there. Noxious gas burst from pours around them every couple of seconds. “Hey-” Before same could say another word, massive worms erupted from the tissue surrounding them, jagged teeth ran all around the outside of their mouths. He swallowed hard, “What the hell is going ON!?” suddenly the fallen person grabbed onto his leg dragging themselves up. Suddenly they lurched forward grabbing hold of Same and throwing him into a worm's path. It took notice of the smell of fresh blood as it dove towards him. Same rolled to the side just in time to avoid being devoured, his breath became short as he got to his feet. “YOU BASTARD!” he roared. The enemy charged forward, “You're not very heroic!” the enemy roared, Same threw out his arm blocking the attack, he smashed his attacker in the jaw sending him into one of the muscular walls. “Thinking you can save Roku? She's far gone… JUST LIKE YOU!” the enemy got to their feet, it charged one last time, ramming a broken bone fragment hard through Same's chest. Blood shot from his mouth, the wound, salty tears leaving his eyes. He smashed into the ground, the worms smelling the newly spilt blood. It shot down at him, swallowing him in one go.
Up in the lobby, faint tears ran down Roku's face, she had held on as long as she could, nobody was going to save her. The blood loss had finally taken it's toll, her body grew cold, and she died.

Same the Doctor has been devoured.

Another person fell alone, they smashed into a soft room, at first they thought it was sponge, but really it was made of bread. They tried to stand, but a mysterious force shoved them back down. Suddenly a faint song started to play from nowhere.
“Give into the madness” a voice spoke in their head, “Just let go… it's that simple. Embrace your hatred, they did this to you. They made your suffer…” the voice's chilling voice sounded as if it were spoken from a corpse.
“Oh hell no!” they fought against it at first, clutching their skull, “You think this can beat me?! You're not even good enough to be considered my Rival! Ha!”
“Give up… you're not as strong as you think you are. You're a frail little child…. alone and frightened.”
Fear began to crawl up their spine, it was tingling. The bread began to morph around them, shadowy hands shot out clutching on their limbs. Tugging, tearing, lashing, “You regret it don't you? You regret your life, what you've done…Nobody liked you, nobody will ever like you. They're just using you… that's all they'll ever do. They'll just use you up… then discard you. You should kill them… KILL THEM ALL!”
“Kill… them…No…No I can't!”

Someone has been tempted by the Dark Melody.

Jay shot through the darkness. “OH HELL NO!” he roared, chasing after his foe, “When I catch you! You're F*CKING DEAD!” his prey shot forward with a burst of speed ahead of him, leaving behind it a trail of fear, “THE ARM CONSUMES ALL!” he dashed through the bloodied water, suddenly he turned a corner, he was in a cobblestone hallway, steam was emanating from a room. “The hell?” He muttered, the arm of vengeance twitched. “In there?” he kicked open the door. His eyes widened, he had never seen so much flesh in one place. The actions going on inside this room could not be described for the sake of children. Jay's nose began to feel funny, blood began to pour out of it. “OH HELL YES!” He screamed running into the shower room. "LADIES! YOUR BELOVED JAY IS HERE! Move over Jackass!' Jay grabbed onto one of the men with his arm and threw him out the door, a giant worm rushed by and devoured it.

Day 2 Begins:

Hark Has declared a Double Lynch. Send in your Votes.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
jninjashadow at 2:31PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
So clearly ochi was corrupted (Bread, rival) so excercise that. Also I tried to kill mett and he didn't die so he's the mob boss. So let kill him
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Ochitsukanai at 3:25PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
Zeph
…curled up in the fetal position…

The enemy charged forward, "You're not very heroic!" the enemy roared
Shan't let you get away with killing Same, Gullas.

I'm not evil just yet.

ayesinback at 3:38PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
question to the esteemed Mr GM:

for this particular game, are clues strictly and only from profiles, avatars, signatures, and comics?
harkovast at 3:44PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
I am feeling gender confused right now.
We established that girls cant read and only look at the purdy pictures….
That's what I've been doing in every mafia game to date!
My whole male identity is on shaky ground here.

I need to lynch some of you worthless peasents in a really manly butch way while drinking beer and taking about boobs in order to restore my testosterone levels!

Folks I want to kill-

Salsa- Cause he is my enemy for ever and ever and must die.

PP- Cause its tradition

Jninjashadow- My political rival

Theflyinggreenmonkey- he has failed me for the last time.

If you have any better ideas on who I should kill, feel free to chip in!

seventy2 at 4:02PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
harkovast
PP- Cause its tradition

as per tradition, he should already be dead. so lynching him now could open up a black hole that rips apart the known traditionverse.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Zeph at 4:06PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
ayes: The clues are from those sources yes. Sometimes little quirks.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
ayesinback at 4:18PM, May 18, 2011
(online)
OMG - this duck is slow! I had posted and saw the answer to my question just as I was hitting send and then,

oh, the perdition!

waiting, and waiting for my now redundant post to delete.

ahem, back to business:

So - Zeph - are these “quirks” in addition to the aforenamed sources?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon