Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia 46 sign-ups: META-MAFIA
Anthony Mercer at 3:16AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
MAFIA XLVI: META-MAFIA
(If anyone has a banner to put here I would gratefully accept it!)
Setup:
At a teenager's birthday party, full of sweets bought with parents' credit cards and alcohol bought with fake IDs, twenty or so kids decide to play that classic party game, Mafia. But they immerse themselves in the game a bit too much…
Soon, bodies begin to be found around the house, and the players realize that this has gone further than a game. The mafia are killing the other players, and the only way to fight back… is to play the game for real.
Roles:
ELECTED (these are chosen on Day 1, when the confusion caused by the killings means that no-one can remember who voted for whom originally)
Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous abilities:
Insta-lynch: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player as soon as he's elected. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. (Be forewarned if you plan to use this ability that no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.)
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game. When double lynches are in effect, each player gets two votes. (I must be notified early in the day cycle, or near the end of the night cycle, for this to take effect, so that people know they have two votes.)
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both Mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner-up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.
GOOD
Pro-town - win condition: Eliminate all Bad characters from the game. By killing them.
Bodyguard
Random Normal Kids will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A poisoned drink sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.
The Generous Kid (Paramedic)
Having brought drinks and sweets for all, this kid has decided to help the injured.
Refreshing snack: This power can be used every night. Choose one player - that player cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him plus his night lives. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if he chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Generous Kid will also intercept poisoned drinks sent to a townie during the night he is under watch.
The Prepared Kid (Vigilante)
This kid brought a knife and a gun… you know, just in case anything happened. Which it did.
Not-Really-A-Teenager (Veteran)
Being a bit older than he looks, this guy can see any attack coming. The Not-Really-A-Teenager gets two lives, meaning two hits in one night must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a poisoned drink if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.
The Smart Kid (Detective)
The Smart Kid can use his powers of reasoning to work certain things out. He can use one power each day, and one each night. His powers are:
And you are?: Pick one player. You'll find out whether they are Good or Bad, although a Bad character with the ability to hide their identity will appear Good. (NOTE: this power can only be used twice in the game.)
Whodunit?: The Smart Kid can get a yes/no answer on whether a specific player committed a specific crime.
The election was rigged!: You can choose one person who was voted for in either the mayoral vote or a lynch vote. This power will tell you how many Bad players voted for that person. Anyone who can hide their Bad identity appears as Good for the purpose of this power. (NOTE: this power can only be used once in the game.)
The Spotty Kid (Paranoid)
Always picked on for his looks, this kid has learned to always be on the lookout for bullies. The Spotty Kid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be an attack or the Generous Kid trying to help him. He is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night, meaning a second kill attempt would be successful. (Note that, unlike in other mafia games, the Spotty Kid knows his identity.)
Normal Kid (Townie)
The other kids are only vaguely aware of your existence. Nevertheless, like everyone else, you can vote in lynches and help solve clues. After the election, two Normal Kids will become Bodyguards (see above).
BAD
Mafia - win condition: Eliminate all non-Mafia characters from the game. By killing them!
Mafia members are told who all the mafia members are.
Godfather
Randomly picked as Godfather at the start of the Mafia game, this kid got way too far into his role, ordering real murders. He has powers to help him with this:
Stuffed animal head: Cruelly decapitating someone's toy just to scare someone, this role, useable once a night, makes the target hide under a bed for the next day and night cycle - the player cannot be killed, but cannot use their powers, or try to solve clues (all their posts must be strictly unrelated to clue-solving).
Call in a favor: The Godfather can, once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but loses all benefits he received from his “Behind the curtains” power. Unlike his fellow mafia members, he can kill mafia characters. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.
Poisoner (Mad Hatter)
Each night, the Poisoner is able to give someone (but not a fellow mafia member) a poisoned drink, or make someone drink the poison they've already been given. He can't do both during the same night. The Poisoner can at most keep two undrunk poisons in circulation but is free to give out more once they've been drunk. Every time poison is drunk, a clue is given about his identity. Should the poisoner be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all poison in circulation will be drunk, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the poison has no effect. Drinks can be intercepted by the Generous Kid, giving a clue to the identity of the Poisoner as well.
Mafioso
Each night, a Mafioso can kill one other (non-mafia) player.
Gatecrashers - win condition: Eliminate all non-Gatecrasher characters from the game. BY KILLING THEM!!!
The gatecrashers know each other's identity.
Gatecrasher
The gatecrashers only came here to cause trouble - but when murders started happening, their natural instinct was to join in. Each gatecrasher can kill once per night.

The game follows the traditional day/night cycle system, with lynches taking place during the day. If a lynch vote is tied, the first of the tied players to reach that amount is lynched. The mayoral vote works on the same system.
Clues will be from players' profiles, avatars, and the names, thumbnails, and first five pages of comics they write or assist.
If player A wants to kill player B and vice-versa, the action that was sent in first wins.
Actions must be sent in by 7PM GMT, with the narration up by 8PM GMT. Sorry if this is inconvenient. (Also, depending on when the game starts, one cycle may have to span two real days due to my uncle's upcoming funeral.)
For those living in America: 8PM GMT = 10AM Hawaii, 11AM Alaska, 12PM Pacific, 1PM Mountain, 2PM Central, 3PM Eastern
Everything else is as usual, but I'm just trying to include everything in case of new players - the only other thing I can think of is NO DEADTALKING (i.e. if you are dead, you can still post, but it can't be related to solving clues or information you found out during the game). Oh, also, you can't change your avatar, signature, or profile description once the game starts, until either the game ends or you get killed.
SIGN-UP LIST
1. BffSatan
2. I Am The 1337 Master the Goddamn Batman
3. pokketmonstahhuntah
4. ayesinback
5. Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records
6. D_Dude
7. Ally Haert
8. Zeph
9. Salsa the Luckless
10. seventy2
11. blindsk
12. gullas
13. Mettaur the Atomic Mirelurk
14. rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
15. Product Placement the Game Master
16. OnlyFoolsAndVikings
17. jninjashadow the Town Drunk
18. Ochitsukanai
19. TheFlyingGreenMonkey has too many titles
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 18, 2011 7:55AM
BffSatan at 3:25AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
FIRST!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:09AM, June 26, 2011
(offline)
Yo soy dos.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
pokketmonstahhuntah at 7:11AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Ik ben derde!
Man,
I would kill for some Okonomiyaki right now!
Deviant-art
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
ayesinback at 7:24AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
hence: fourth
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Niccea at 7:31AM, June 26, 2011
(offline)
Yo soy cinco

Sign me up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
D_Dude at 9:50AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Dat signup. I'm in.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Ally Haert at 10:51AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Let's DO this!
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
pokketmonstahhuntah at 11:24AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
When do we start?

I want to make a new avatar, but right now I don't have time to make one.
Is this a matter of days or until we reach a number of players?
Man,
Deviant-art
Niccea at 11:32AM, June 26, 2011
(offline)
It is usually by the numbers. Through trial and error, we have discovered that a good game has 15 people, a well rounded run game has 20 people, and it is nearly impossible to get more than 20 people to play, but it is always fun when we do. But that is Anthony's call.

And please nice someone, make anthony a banner…Want to start of The New Drunk Duck Mafia on the right foot.
pokketmonstahhuntah at 11:44AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
I see, thanks Niccea!
If the game doesn't start before thursday, I might be able to make a new avatar (and maybe banner?),
after the school-tests of course!
Man,
Deviant-art
Anthony Mercer at 11:53AM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Niccea
It is usually by the numbers. Through trial and error, we have discovered that a good game has 15 people, a well rounded run game has 20 people, and it is nearly impossible to get more than 20 people to play, but it is always fun when we do. But that is Anthony's call.

Yeah, I'll wait until there are at least 15 people to consider starting, but 20 is a good goal.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Zeph at 12:09PM, June 26, 2011
(online)
I'm in. *Cocks Shotgun* time to uh… whats the theme for this one?
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Salsa at 12:14PM, June 26, 2011
(offline)
Meta Mafia. We take a game of mafia way too far.

Alright, you wanna play games…
*puts on clown nose*
…let's play some games.

(I'm in)
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Zeph at 12:19PM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Ah. So, like killing each other over a game of scrabble.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Ally Haert at 12:52PM, June 26, 2011
(online)
Pretty much how every family game night ends at my house.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
seventy2 at 1:08PM, June 26, 2011
(online)
i'm……

playing.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Niccea at 8:48PM, June 26, 2011
(offline)
Hey guys! Got the new buttons up for the New Mafia. I'm getting excited about the new chapter in mafia.
blindsk at 12:45AM, June 27, 2011
(online)
Interesting premise. Let's go!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
gullas at 9:46AM, June 27, 2011
(offline)
I'm in
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Mettaur at 7:06PM, June 27, 2011
(offline)
You can see I am totally into the party spirit, I've already crashed.

I'm in this thing. Also, I'm doing a job, got hired as a secretary at an engineering company (yay me! Above average pay for excellent preformance!). So, I might be a little effey on time.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Product Placement at 3:19AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
Razen frazen Mettaur getting the 13th spot instead of me.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
rokulily at 5:57AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
dibs on the 14th spot then
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
Anthony Mercer at 6:53AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
Well, we have 15 people, but there are still regulars who haven't joined, so I'll wait a couple more days to start it - okay?
Product Placement at 6:57AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
You could always PQ them to see if they're game.

Also check if fool&vikings is interested in another go. She seemed to have allot of fun in the last game.
rokulily
I… I had no idea you could do that O.0
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Anthony Mercer at 7:05AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
rokulily
I… I had no idea you could do that O.0
Well, I can't really argue with “dibs”, can I?
Zeph at 7:23AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
. . .

This is the best burrito I've ever eaten.

I am over tired my friends, Over tired.

I think my organs just exploded in their organ locations. It's quite displeasing, it truly is. Time to go force Same, and Jay to play, so I have people to conspire with. I can't conspire with the newbies~! This just will not happen!…

Sup… peoples.. care to conspire?

… … DESPERATION SETTING IN! OH MY GOD I JUST ALLIED MYSELF WITH THE EN… No wait, no I didn't.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:27AM, June 28, 2011
(offline)
Zeph
I can't conspire with the newbies~! This just will not happen!…
just don't go for the cat again.

speaking of the cat, where is he?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
pokketmonstahhuntah at 8:00AM, June 28, 2011
(online)
Zeph
I can't conspire with the newbies~! This just will not happen!…
I'm sure the newbies will conspire against YOU~

I mean… if you can't join them, beat them ^^
Man,
Deviant-art
Zeph at 1:38PM, June 28, 2011
(online)

I thought we were bros man! I thought we were bros!

Clearly I was mistaken!

-sob-

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon