MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia GM election
GarBonzo Bean at 6:10PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
GarBonzo Bean at 6:12PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Niccea:
Only in Townston can a banana become the mayor. Townston was an odd place with its dinosaurs, marauding mafia, the occasional stop in of movie monsters, and the general oddness of the people themselves. The latest mayor was a dancing banana named GarBonzo Bean.

Garbonzo was walking back to town hall from the butchers. She was carrying a pound of Gullas’s mystery meat. She was passing the gallows when she noticed a body hanging up there. This almost never happened the scavengers of Townston were usually pretty fast in cleaning up. In fact, she was pretty sure the meat she had picked was just hanging at sundown. She climbed the steps of the gallows humphing at the waste of time.

When she was standing next to the body she looked up. It wasn’t a body at all, it was a mere stuffed dummy. “What the heck?” She felt as rustling behind her as the spare noose for double lynches was slipped around her banana neck. Before she could as much as protest, she was hoisted into the air, dropping the mystery meat on the ground.

Garbonzo the mayor and townie is a banana split.

1337:
It was a dark and stormy night in Townston that started off with a bang, or a scream to be exact. The screaming began at precisely at seven o’ clock and was first heard by the 1337 master. At first, the 1337 Master dismissed it as a howling cat or just that damn wind as it always turned it out to be but when he heard “Oh god no” he figured that since cats cannot scream, it was a person. He dashed outside his little old home, almost tripping, one, two, three times. When he got out there, the screams amplified in volume, almost shattering his eardrums. 1337 ran over to the alleyway where the commotion was taking place and there was one last thud followed by a shriek-then silence. He peered into the alley to see a tall dark figure towering over a banana suit soaked in blood. It was quite funny, the situation-a dead banana-but it was only funny for a second. The figure turned to 1337, taking a step forward, splashing the blood or the recently dead man up into the air, into his face. Then a growling sound came from a place in the distance. The figure’s head perked up and then sunk down. It crouched to the ground and pounced-right over the 1337 Master. It pounded off into the night.

The Vampire(s) is (are) lose!

The 1337 Master knew that some being was loose in Townston, some uncontrollable creature, a murderous creature. He looked over at the blood soaked banana suit. It was still quite funny. What wasn’t funny is that no one would ever believe him. They would dub him the murderer and then hang him on the gallows, if he was lucky, as many other innocents before him. They would say “He once was the Paranoid; he must have been a crazy enough son of a bitch to kill a stupid bean, banana, whatever!” and then with SLASH and a splash, like the sound of the real murderer’s foot in the pool of blood, off with his head. A wind blew into the alleyway, chilling him. He was doomed, unless of course…unless he never told anyone of his findings of the body and etcetera! It was madness, but it would keep him alive. He may have to clear his conscience on of these days but that day was not the day. He walked back into his house, smiling and got back to his novel, a horror novel. He did not realize that in telling noone he had let a hellish creature with its hellish brothers get away with murder. And the hellish creature’s name was, obviously, Edward.
Meanwhile an Election had begun in Townston, the previous mayors had been no good, it was time for a new one to come to power.

Salsa's:

Garbonzo Bean was walking home after a good day at the market. Her purse clinked with coins as she hurried home. The sun was setting and some of the townsfolk had been killed since the Lord sent by the King had died. She cut between two buildings as the sky turned crimson. She rushed onward to her home on the other side. A blow to her head set her to the ground.

Garbonzo awoke in a room with a dim lantern. A figure stood just at the edge of the small ring of light. “I see you are awake.” Garbonzo struggled against the ropes praying for rescue or even just to live a little longer. The rasp of metal on leather sent her fear rushing through her body. She whimpered as a wickedly curved knife flashed in the lantern light.“Go ahead and scream. This town is bigger than you think. No one will hear you.” The blade of the knife flashed again. Garbonzo gasped as the blade bit into her arm, neatly slicing her skin. Blood stained her blouse sleeve crimson. The figure approached, a manic gleam in his eye. Finally, unable to contain her fear, Garbonzo screamed as woman possessed.

Dawn revealed Garbonzo's body nailed to the front gate by a spike through her wrists. “The tide of chaos will sweep away the oppressive order” appeared in the dark crimson of dried blood beneath her bloody remains. The watch was haunted by the hollow terror-filled eyes that remained open.

Product's:

It was a dark and stormy night. A perfect night for a cliche murder. GarBonzo Bean was aware of that fact as he hurried himself home, looking forward to get to a warm cup of chocolate and a documentary about some famous war and his comfy bed. He could have sworn that he just saw a movement passed the red and white curtains in that abandoned house that was for sale. This made GarBonzo feel very uneasy since he had been having such a strong feeling of being watched for the longest time. Stalking shadows, lurking from afar were always popping up around the corner of his eye. He even could have sworn once that he saw something flying passed his head once. “Calm down Bean” he said to himself “this is all in your mind”. His own words provided little comfort when a little critter quickly scurried past his feat. In a fit of panic, CarBonzo jumped away from the fence he was leaning on and rushed home with inhuman speed. It didn't take him long to reach his home as he frantically jingled his key chain, looking for the right key. “You look like someone who's seen a ghost” said a well dressed man, appearing from the shadows. The man smirked, tilted his top hat and handed Bean a business card. Cautiously, he took the card and read it. It said: “Beware the red herring”. “What does that mean?” asked CarBonzo before he was abruptly beaten to a pulp by a crimson colored fish.

CarBonzo Bean the townie is dead

I Am The 1337 Master at 6:55PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
I'll type it out tommorrow. I'm gonna use the VAmp. one unless I think of something else. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Niccea at 11:31AM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
I'm running again! Before school starts full force is the best for me. Wednesday narratives will be early, but everything will be normal.

Introducing MYSTERY MAFIA!

The roles are the traditional roles but there are just a few changes.

Going in blind: No one, not even the mafia will know their roles until after day one. This is to make the chance of the mayor being mafia more randomized. If a mafia becomes mayor, it is purely due to chance.

Beefed up security in town hall: The detective can only get into town hall once. He can only investigate the mayor or the pardoner but not both.

The Paranoid needs to see a psychologist: The paranoid is unaware of the fact that he has an alter ego. He will not know that he is paranoid and think he is just a townie.

Cycles will start at 6pm CST except on Wednesday where it will be an hour earlier (I have to be at work at 6).

Also, due to a request from some people wanting to play but can't because of scheduling problems. Night actions will still go in the order I receive them, but where I start in the list is randomized.

Narrative

Only in Townston can a banana become the mayor. Townston was an odd place with its dinosaurs, marauding mafia, the occasional stop in of movie monsters, and the general oddness of the people themselves. The latest mayor was a dancing banana named GarBonzo Bean.

Garbonzo was walking back to town hall from the butchers. She was carrying a pound of Gullas’s mystery meat. She was passing the gallows when she noticed a body hanging up there. This almost never happened the scavengers of Townston were usually pretty fast in cleaning up. In fact, she was pretty sure the meat she had picked was just hanging at sundown. She climbed the steps of the gallows humphing at the waste of time.

When she was standing next to the body she looked up. It wasn’t a body at all, it was a mere stuffed dummy. “What the heck?” She felt as rustling behind her as the spare noose for double lynches was slipped around her banana neck. Before she could as much as protest, she was hoisted into the air, dropping the mystery meat on the ground.

I did a variety of clues for this one. I mentioned the word mystery a couple of times, alluding to Mystery Bread. I also used pick as in Ice Pick. I also mentioned a waste of time which is what I congratulate you on if you read my entire profile.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:40AM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
Rules

1. I cannot do narrations on Wednesdays, or at least I don't think I can. Sorry.
2. I'll update narrations from 11pm GMT to 12 (midnight) GMT.
3. Have fun and don't be an ass. PQ me if you're new and you want some help.
4. If you're annoyed/offended with me tell me, I'm always joking unless I'm not.

Here's the first narrative to give you guys a sample of my talent and worthiness. My Mafia Game is all Vampires vs. Townies. There are roles that are different from how the regular game runs but I like em. I didn't make a Serial Killer role but I don't really know what they could be.

Narrative

It was a dark and stormy night in Townston that started off with a bang, or a scream to be exact. The screaming began at precisely at seven o’ clock and was first heard by the 1337 master. At first, the 1337 Master dismissed it as a howling cat or just that damn wind as it always turned it out to be but when he heard “Oh god no” he figured that since cats cannot scream, it was a person. He dashed outside his little old home, almost tripping, one, two, three times. When he got out there, the screams amplified in volume, almost shattering his eardrums. 1337 ran over to the alleyway where the commotion was taking place and there was one last thud followed by a shriek-then silence. He peered into the alley to see a tall dark figure towering over a banana suit soaked in blood. It was quite funny, the situation-a dead banana-but it was only funny for a second. The figure turned to 1337, taking a step forward, splashing the blood or the recently dead man up into the air, into his face. Then a growling sound came from a place in the distance. The figure’s head perked up and then sunk down. It crouched to the ground and pounced-right over the 1337 Master. It pounded off into the night.

The Vampire(s) is (are) lose!

The 1337 Master knew that some being was loose in Townston, some uncontrollable creature, a murderous creature. He looked over at the blood soaked banana suit. It was still quite funny. What wasn’t funny is that no one would ever believe him. They would dub him the murderer and then hang him on the gallows, if he was lucky, as many other innocents before him. They would say “He once was the Paranoid; he must have been a crazy enough son of a bitch to kill a stupid bean, banana, whatever!” and then with SLASH and a splash, like the sound of the real murderer’s foot in the pool of blood, off with his head. A wind blew into the alleyway, chilling him. He was doomed, unless of course…unless he never told anyone of his findings of the body and etcetera! It was madness, but it would keep him alive. He may have to clear his conscience on of these days but that day was not the day. He walked back into his house, smiling and got back to his novel, a horror novel. He did not realize that in telling noone he had let a hellish creature with its hellish brothers get away with murder. And the hellish creature’s name was, obviously, Edward.
Meanwhile an Election had begun in Townston, the previous mayors had been no good, it was time for a new one to come to power.

Roles:

Townies:

Mayor: Voted upon by the people of the game, the mayor is a nervous person who just wants this whole mess cleaned up. He/she can declare a double lynch twice at any time in the game.
Townies (2): Nothing. If attacked by a Vampire they can survive if they are supllied with a cross. Only one of them has the cross to start. They can receive a cross from the Priest.
Vampire Hunter: His/her job is to kill the Vampires. Three times a game they can choose a person to be killed during the night cycle if at least one person voted for that person to be lynched during the day cycle. They also cannot be killed by Vampires except for the Head Vampire. If attacked by the Head Vampire, both will die and vice versa. He/she knows who the Sidekick is.
Sidekick: The Vampire Hunter’s assistant. He/she can survive minor vampire attacks but not a vampire attack from the Head Vampire. He/she knows who the Vampire Hunter is.
Priest: You choose one person who will be safe from attacks each night. Also, if that person is a Townie, they will receive a cross from you.
Old Guy: The regular mafia game equivalent of the Veteran. Has two lives to him/her.
Paranoid: He/she will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it is a mafia man or villager. The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

Vampires/Other “bad guy”:

Vampire (3): Kills once a night. They seem to be normal every day.
Vampire Knight: A more powerful Vampire. Have two lives. Do not hunt like other regular Vampires.
Head Vampire: Are the most powerful of the Vampires. He/she can attack two people a night and one of them will die. Also, they can send other vampires to do their “dirty work” if they choose to. Should the Head Vampire know any of the vampires, they can receive the same powers. If they attack regular townies, the Head Vampire can choose whether the Townie will become a Vampire or not.
Psychic: Not a Vampire. He/she can steal the powers of any one alive player.
GarBonzo Bean at 1:12PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
Niccea

I am the 1337 master
banana…bean..whatever.

Pure hilarity.

Salsa at 5:45PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
I guess I'll run too.
I'm gonna reuse the last game I did. Why? Half the powers that I gave never got used. I will NOT have the lynch switch though.
Mafia: The Legend of Townstonia
They say that before the moon had a face, and the wolf learned to howl, there was a village that was ravaged by a battle between a Lord and a Mage of the black. The tale is lost to the murky depths of time, but the battle left scars that remain in the decedents of those that lived.
Roles
YE OLDE VILLAGERS: aka Townies
Mayor=> Lord(1) elected
Witch Hunt: The Lord is able to pick one person to be lynched within an Hour of the first day ending. The Alchemist is unable to switch the person to be lynched with someone else.
In the Name of the King: The Lord's vote is also backed by the King so it holds twice the power(counts twice instead of once).
Blood sport: During the night the Lord can arrange for two combatants to duel to the death. The winner is turned into a pincushion. Each person submits two votes. One for each slot in the execu- I mean games. Note:this is a double lynch, both people die.
Meat sh- I mean My Noble Squires, Defend your Lord!: cannot be attacked or body switched while a squire is alive. This also applies to the Knight
Pardoner=> Knight(1) elected
For My Lady's Favor: Can cancel two lynches during the game. If the Lord has declared a bloodsport and the Knight invokes his Lady's Favor, only one of them will be spared.
Librarian=> Scribe(1) The scribe is told the role of one villager and one villager only.
Detective=> Diviner(1)
Cure the Damned: the diviner can remove two curses during the game. If the power is used on a person who isn't cursed, it is wasted. The diviner can also remove the curse from himself.
Message From the Gods: The diviner can ask what role a person is twice. The diviner can also ask if a person is connected to a crime. He can do only one a day though.
Paranoid=>The Crazy Mage(1)
Booby trapped: The Crazy Mage has his house booby trapped with a mess of magic traps guaranteed to blow the first person to bits that tries to open the door. The Crazy Mage has no idea who they really are due to a few too many magic mishaps.
Veteran=> Tracker(1)
Son, I've fought Dragons!: Due to being awesome and tough, the Tracker must be attacked twice before he can die. Lynchings still take only once though.
Paramedic/Vigilante=> Valkyrie(3)
You Shall Not Pass!: Valkyries can protect one person from one attack at night. they cannot protect each other though.
To Arms: Valkyries can kill one person a night, but not if they're protecting someone
Bodyguard=> Squire(2)These poor saps are your standard MK. I meat shield.
Townie=> serf(who ever is left over) After a hard day's lynching, they're easy pickings, but after a good night's sleep, the torches and pitch forks come out.

The Agents of EVIL: aka Mafia
Godfather=> Black Mage(1)
I Curse Thee: Can curse two people a game, but only one at a time and only at night. The curse takes until the end of the day cycle after the curse was placed to kill it's target. Curses cannot be switched after the night cycle has ended. Curses involve two narratives. Both point to the Black mage, but only the first gives a clue to the victim. The Diviner can remove both curses however.
I was always good at illusions: Appears as a villager and cannot be attacked while in effect. he can still curse people though
I will make your life hell: Appears as the Black Mage and now has the ability to kill directly, but must choose whether to curse or kill in the night.
He's innocent, you can trust me: can cancel on lynch or Bloodsport. Spares everyone in the latter case.
Mad Hatter=> Alchemist(1)
Greek Fire: Can be placed on two people at once, but only one person can be targeted a night. They are activated when A ) the Alchemist chooses, or B ) when the Alchemist dies.
Mafia=> Orks(2 or 3)wez keel stuf, but only once a night.

sociopaths
Psycho=> Agents of Chaos(2)We will water our new order with your blood. But we can only kill one of you each a night.
Mark of the Damned: The agents of chaos can mark up to two people a game. They must both send me a pq and the targets in each must agree. Only one person a night can be marked. ANYONE can be marked, even the Knight and the Lord when both squires are alive. A marked person cannot act (vote, use action) for a day and a night cycle.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night last 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 21:00 GMT then night one begins at 21:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 21:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 20:30 GMT.

If you are not sure about what 21:00 GMT is in your time zone, see the charts below to find out.

Rules:
Inactivity:
If a person has not posted on the thread or voted in a lynching in two days (48 hours real time) they will be taken out of the game at the end of the current cycle. The only exception is if the person lets me know that they will be unable to post or vote ahead of time.

Minors:
If you can't receive PQ's then you can't play. Sorry to be harsh, but this is to make things easier on everybody. This game runs on PQ's, it makes it really hard to make a strategy if you can't get them.

Clues:
Clues will come from profiles, avatars, sigs, comic titles, and the first few pages of any comics a person has. Clues can be found in basically anything. The default gender will be male though. Narrations will probably be rather graphic, you have been warned.

Note: I also reserve the right to ban anyone who is acting like a Jackass. Even if you don't know the people playing personally, please show them the same respect you should show you friends. I hate to be a jerk about it, but it isn't as much fun to play when you have a person calling you an idiot all the time.

Oh one last thing, actions and votes are done in the order that they are received. That means that if a Valkyrie places a hit on the Alchemist and then the Alchemist places a Greek Fire spell on someone, then the Alchemist is killed and the bomb is not placed. Same thing for a lynch. If there is a tie, it is the person who hit the number of votes first that dies.

Narration
Garbonzo Bean was walking home after a good day at the market. Her purse clinked with coins as she hurried home. The sun was setting and some of the townsfolk had been killed since the Lord sent by the King had died. She cut between two buildings as the sky turned crimson. She rushed onward to her home on the other side. A blow to her head set her to the ground.

Garbonzo awoke in a room with a dim lantern. A figure stood just at the edge of the small ring of light. “I see you are awake.” Garbonzo struggled against the ropes praying for rescue or even just to live a little longer. The rasp of metal on leather sent her fear rushing through her body. She whimpered as a wickedly curved knife flashed in the lantern light.“Go ahead and scream. This town is bigger than you think. No one will hear you.” The blade of the knife flashed again. Garbonzo gasped as the blade bit into her arm, neatly slicing her skin. Blood stained her blouse sleeve crimson. The figure approached, a manic gleam in his eye. Finally, unable to contain her fear, Garbonzo screamed as woman possessed.

Dawn revealed Garbonzo's body nailed to the front gate by a spike through her wrists. “The tide of chaos will sweep away the oppressive order” appeared in the dark crimson of dried blood beneath her bloody remains. The watch was haunted by the hollow terror-filled eyes that remained open.

Clues are crimson, which is one of UA's colors and tide as in “Roll Tide”

As an incentive, I will draw one scene from the narration every night cycle. =^-^=
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 6:54PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
I'm incredibly tempted to join this fight as well but I don't know if I'll be running for this game or the next. I'm gonna make up my mind about it today but I believe that my theme will be very simple this time. Standard mafia game simple.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Randomdudeperson at 7:45PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
This is going to be my first time running! HAHA!!! Well, here are the general rules.

THE GUILD WARS!!!

Actions: You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me wich street you want to patrol, and if you see anyone unfriendly in that area, you will attack them! To keep it simple, the street names will just be numbers, and the amount of streets I use will depend on how many ppl play. Also, all actions happen AT THE SAME TIME!!! If you choose not to go patroling, then you'll simply be in the guild fortress. There are two of them, and they will be on streets know only to the guild members. Becareful how you raid a fortress, it can be dangerous!

Roles: All roles are different! Everyone has an ability, except one person. He wont have any in the beginning, but if a certain event happens, he'll be glad he got the role! All roles will not be known to other players either.

The guilds: There will be two ppl that are guild bosses. They will tell me a certain amount of ppl's names that they want to invite into their guild. (the number, again, depends on the amount of ppl playing) I will then tell the chosen ppl that they have been invited into Either the Ragers guild or the Eliteists guild. The person will either accept the invite, or not. All ppl in the same guild will know each other and their abilities.

Eliteists: This is a government run operation. They know who to talk to, so they have all the gizmos. They are mostly focused on the defensive side, and are considered to be the “good side”.

Ragers: These ppl HATE the government! They might be poor, but they have a lot of rage to them, making them lethal! This guild focuses on mass destruction and is seen as the “bad” side.

Wich guild you want to join will depend on your role. A good guy will be executed for joining the Ragers, and vica versa. I will tell you where you want to go along with your role and abilities. And if you don't join a guild, don't worry. It's not the end of the world! :)

Combos: Many roles have an opposite. Meaning there will be an epic battle if they meet each other. If they join the same guild, chaos will ensue! Some roles however, become stronger when sided with other certain roles. I'll pq you and your guild when this happens.

Since the guilds are run by bosses, no mayor is needed. There will still be lynches though. So, all summed up, there are two guilds, and those left out. The object of the guilds is to eliminate the each other. It's unknown to you what happens to those left out! It could be bad, or it could be good.

Narration to appear later.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Product Placement at 11:48PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
Woah. 4 people running? Now I have to join too.

Introducing:

Mafia XXII - Back to the basics!

Townston has found itself in the center of every possible catastrophe there is. Ranging from Monster infestation, Demonic invasion to Anime conventions.

It is during those times where the villagers yearn for the more simpler times. The times of bootlegging, illicit gambling and gangster gunning you down while saying “You're all gonna die, see?”.

Thankfully, hope is in the horizon. The mafia has moved back into town and has spared no expense in establishing a thriving criminal network. The leadership was powerless to do anything about it seeing as they were currently enjoying the scenery of the lake floor.

So what will it be town? Will you bend over and let those ruffians have their way with you or will you stand up and fight? Will you take part in a classic game of mafia?

This game will use standard rules, using http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?pid=724330 he will protect the person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many they were.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. A paramedic can intercept the message.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're dangerous people, none the less. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust.

The man with the ball hat.
A mysterious person walks around the town giving people a unique and quite disturbing choice.
I have an offer to make: Each evening, the man with the ball hat will leave a box by someones front door. That box contains a button and instructions. Should the player who receives such a box press the button then someone, who is not him or the ball hat man, will die. The box will pick a totally random person. It can be a pro-town or criminal alike. The box could even kill someone who's protected so even the leadership is vulnerable. This choice is put solely in the hands of the person who receives such a box. Anyone who presses the button will receive million dollars which will translate into two things. Firstly, such a huge influx of cash will cause the town to realize what the player has done. As a result, the name of the player who presses the button will be announced. Secondly, the new found wealth, will help the player buy top of the line security system which will result in an extra night life. A person who receives a box will also get a clue about the identity of the ball hat man but it will never be publicly announced.

Narration
Narration.

It was a dark and stormy night. A perfect night for a cliche murder. GarBonzo Bean was aware of that fact as he hurried himself home, looking forward to get to a warm cup of chocolate and a documentary about some famous war and his comfy bed. He could have sworn that he just saw a movement passed the red and white curtains in that abandoned house that was for sale. This made GarBonzo feel very uneasy since he had been having such a strong feeling of being watched for the longest time. Stalking shadows, lurking from afar were always popping up around the corner of his eye. He even could have sworn once that he saw something flying passed his head once. “Calm down Bean” he said to himself “this is all in your mind”. His own words provided little comfort when a little critter quickly scurried past his feat. In a fit of panic, GarBonzo jumped away from the fence he was leaning on and rushed home with inhuman speed. It didn't take him long to reach his home as he frantically jingled his key chain, looking for the right key. “You look like someone who's seen a ghost” said a well dressed man, appearing from the shadows. The man smirked, tilted his top hat and handed Bean a business card. Cautiously, he took the card and read it. It said: “Beware the red herring”. “What does that mean?” asked GarBonzo before he was abruptly beaten to a pulp by a crimson colored fish.

GarBonzo Bean the townie is dead.

Ok. I'm just being silly with this one. Look hard enough and you can find a clue linking to pretty much anyone. I mentioned two things that could link me to the crime. A house that's for sale and the fact that the attacker is wearing a top hat (which my avatar is currently doing.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
D_Dude at 6:16AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
I don't know if I'm allowed to actually vote, since I didn't play in the last game, but I'd join if ProductPlacement or Salsa won.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Niccea at 7:32AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
I'm running an old fashioned mafia game too. I just changed the conditions of some roles.
Product Placement at 8:55AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Niccea
I'm running an old fashioned mafia game too. I just changed the conditions of some roles.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Even I did something to mine, by adding a unique serial killer to the mix.

If the new players are looking to try out the old setup, I encourage them to try out either my game or Niccea's.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 10:55AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
Been a while since we had an old one.
Randomdudeperson at 11:04AM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Been a while since we had an old one.

Yeah, I'm dropping out. It's true, I wouldn't mind a normal game right now. Besides, the new comers DO need to play a regular game in order to help them understand it all better. This also gives me time to fix a couple bugs in my game. BUT I'LL BE RUNNING NEXT ELECTION!!!

D_Dude
I don't know if I'm allowed to actually vote, since I didn't play in the last game, but I'd join if ProductPlacement or Salsa won.

Your always alowed to vote! EVEN IF YOU AREN'T PLAYING, YOU CAN STILL VOTE!!! LOL! But I don't know if you are able to vote for your own game. 0.o
GarBonzo Bean at 1:36PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
I doubt i'll be online tomorrow, but with a grand total of one vote I can't exactly announce the winner today, so the winner will be announce thursday.

Product Placement:
-randomdudeperdon

By the way, am I allowed to vote?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:09PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
I miss the good ol'days were the people who ran the GM elections told you when you could vote. This is my passive aggressive way of saying that is how your suppose to do it. You have a time frame of accepting people then you have a time frame of accepting votes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 2:50PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
I doubt i'll be online tomorrow, but with a grand total of one vote I can't exactly announce the winner today, so the winner will be announce thursday.

Product Placement:
-randomdudeperdon

Yes, you're arent running so you're just like us now. But does anyone know if a person who is running can vote? And if so, can he vote for others and/or himself? AND SEIROUSLY!!! I'M THE ONLY ONE THATS VOTED!!! Dang, maybe I SHOULDN'T have dropped out! :p
Niccea at 2:53PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
Randomdudeperson
GarBonzo Bean

Product Placement:
-randomdudeperdon

Yes, you're arent running so you're just like us now. But does anyone know if a person who is running can vote? And if so, can he vote for others and/or himself? AND SEIROUSLY!!! I'M THE ONLY ONE THATS VOTED!!! Dang, maybe I SHOULDN'T have dropped out! :p
In the past, it has been assumed that anyone that ran would vote for themselves, so their votes were canceled out.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:10PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
GarBonzo Bean

Product Placement:
-randomdudeperdon

I'M THE ONLY ONE THATS VOTED!!! Dang, maybe I SHOULDN'T have dropped out! :p
In most elections the person running them POSTS SAYING WHEN WE CAN VOTE! So in MOST elections your vote wouldn't have counted! Serious me and PP brought this up in the last game but you guys just ignored us! I posted something in this thread about it and you ingored that too. Please people start reading cause reading leads to learning T.T

Randomdudeperson at 4:05PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
RARGH!!!

0.0 Don't worry, the voting isn't over yet! I was just saying, that so far, I'm the only one that voted. Ok, so you would have voted if you had known, so that would make two ppl, OUT OF HOW MANY THAT PLAY THIS GAME!!! My point was that noone is voting. Kinda like last time, noone was running, lol!
Niccea at 7:19PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(offline)
Does anyone have any line art I can play with? I can't get photoshop for my computer yet (I'll buy it with a student discount before I graduate from school) so I'm trying to get a handle on GIMP or Paint.net. My coloring quality is going to suffer for some time.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:41PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Does anyone have any line art I can play with? I can't get photoshop for my computer yet (I'll buy it with a student discount before I graduate from school) so I'm trying to get a handle on GIMP or Paint.net. My coloring quality is going to suffer for some time.
I have some but I won't be able to give them to you for a few days. My schedule is a little soul killing on wednesdays and thursday I'm going to try to make some of my other days more like it ;D

Anthony Mercer at 10:56PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
RARGH!!!

0.0 Don't worry, the voting isn't over yet! I was just saying, that so far, I'm the only one that voted. Ok, so you would have voted if you had known, so that would make two ppl, OUT OF HOW MANY THAT PLAY THIS GAME!!! My point was that noone is voting. Kinda like last time, noone was running, lol!

I bet a lot of people would've voted if we had known. I would have.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Randomdudeperson at 11:14PM, Jan. 19, 2010
(online)
Anthony Mercer
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
RARGH!!!

Um,… I'm no rocket scientist, but on Garbonzos defense, she did say that the signup sheet was up. And I, YES, EVEN I!!!…was able to over look my lack of internet savyness and was able to find this signup and LO AND BEHOLD!!!…I voted. Simple as that. I don't know why ppl are getting upset with her?
Product Placement at 3:13AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(online)
Whenever I run an election, I automatically assume that those who are running will vote for themselves. Therefore everyone who are running will have one vote for themselves. However, those who are running are free to change their vote for someone else and can simply PQ the election holder (GarBonzo in this case) their vote.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:22AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(offline)
What the hell guys, this many runners, all of em veterans? C'mon! :(

Vote for the n00b!!! :D

But some bad news if anyone wanted to actually vote for me. I may have to drop out because my internet is inactive. My dad paid the bill overline and something happened where it didn't go through. So now I have NO CABLE, NO INTERNET, and NO HAPPINESS for a while. I have no clue when it's gonna come back. Originally it was supposed to be an hour, but seeing as it's not back and it's been two days, I could be screwed for a while. Sighs…

Oh and product, you called GarBonzo, Carbonzo in that narrative…
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:30AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Anthony Mercer
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
RARGH!!!

Um,… I'm no rocket scientist, but on Garbonzos defense, she did say that the signup sheet was up. And I, YES, EVEN I!!!…was able to over look my lack of internet savyness and was able to find this signup and LO AND BEHOLD!!!…I voted. Simple as that. I don't know why ppl are getting upset with her?
The previous GM once game is over starts up the GM election thread. The people put down that they will run and put down there idea. After a few people sign up the GM gives a date for when voting will sstart and once the time comes they post in the election forum its time to vote. Then we vote. The GM tells us how long we have to vote and once it is that time the GM caculates the votes and announces the new GM.

By saying the signup sheet is up just means hey look you can signup now. It dosn't say vote now.

See the problem with how we just started doing it is that this is what happens: GM makes election thread, people sign up and then you guys just send in your votes without the GM announcing the time for sign ups is over. You guys have had it been so the GM dosn't even annouce it is time to vote. Which is different than the way we have been doing it. When this happens the newbs send in there votes while the veteran players sit back politely drinking a cup of tea at Niccea's Manshion waiting to be informed to vote.

Randomdudeperson at 9:56AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Randomdudeperson
Anthony Mercer
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
RARGH!!!

The previous GM once game is over starts up the GM election thread. The people put down that they will run and put down there idea. After a few people sign up the GM gives a date for when voting will sstart and once the time comes they post in the election forum its time to vote. Then we vote. The GM tells us how long we have to vote and once it is that time the GM caculates the votes and announces the new GM.

By saying the signup sheet is up just means hey look you can signup now. It dosn't say vote now.

See the problem with how we just started doing it is that this is what happens: GM makes election thread, people sign up and then you guys just send in your votes without the GM announcing the time for sign ups is over. You guys have had it been so the GM dosn't even annouce it is time to vote. Which is different than the way we have been doing it. When this happens the newbs send in there votes while the veteran players sit back politely drinking a cup of tea at Niccea's Manshion waiting to be informed to vote.

lol Im still a newb then! :) I've always voted after I see someone put up a game that I like. I didn't know that we where suppossed to wait to vote. Ok, well, I'll remember that when I become gm then! So vote for me next round! lol!
harkovast at 9:59AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(online)
Send me a pq promising fan art and my vote is all yours!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon