MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia IX - Journey to Far away-ia
crocty at 1:30PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Welcome to Mafia IX, please enjoy your stay.

Kitty gets </3s

The Rules
Some basic rules you must follow, or I'll change your role to “The Clown”, whose power is to smell bad.

1. All official actions in game must be PQed to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. I will allow you to post after you are dead, but no talking about clues, game information, anything that will help a side win. This includes PQing them or IMing them as well.

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum. You may tell people the results of them, but please do not quote them exactly.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. DAY/NIGHT break is at 12:00am GMT
“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”
Another simple little timezone converter

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis.
(Example 1: Dinosaur sends in a kill for the Hunter. Hunter later sends in a kill for the Pterosaur. Hunter will die before he can make the kill.)
(Example 2: Dinsoaur sends in a kill for someone who's protected by a Doctor.
Later another Dinosaur sends in a hit for that Doctor. The Doctor will die, but the first Dinosaur's kill will be stopped by the doctor.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else (ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this at the end of the night cycle.

You may also contact me on AIM if you have any questions. My name is the very creative choice of Croccty. But any official night actions will have to be PQed to me to count as official.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form.

Explorer ROLES
The Explorers’s win condition is to find and kill all Dinosaurs, be it through the Hunter, or Lynches.

Captain
The Captain is elected at the beginning of the game. Anyone, Explorer or Dinosaur can be the Captain. The Captain gets an ammount of special abilites on top of his old role;
Follow the Captain!: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
No time to waste: The Captain can declare 2 double Lynches anytime during the game. When double lynches are in effect, each player gets two votes on two different people. (must notify me during night cycle or two hours on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Carry my stuff: Cannot be killed during the night while his Porters(s) are alive. Only the Captain will know who the Porters are, even though the First Mate is protected by them as well.
Straight to business: The Captain has the option of insta-Lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Captain picks, gets Lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a Dinosaur at that time.

First Mate
The First Mate is the runner-up in the Captain elections. The First Mate has the ability to cancel two Lynchs throughout the game. The First Mate can pardon one Lynch a night, so on a double Lynch, they could only save one person. The First Mate will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch, or pardon himself.

Porters
Porters can save people from Dinosaurs by caring for their luggage. Scientists would like to know how that makes any sense, but they refuse to answer.
Two random Locals will receive the role of Porter once the Captain has been elected. The Captain alone will know who these people are. The Porter cannot be a Dinosaur or special role, he can only be a regular Local. As long as atleast one porter is alive, the Captain and First Mate cannot die. A bomb sent to the Captain or First Mate will also be stopped.

Hunter
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the Dinsoaurs (or the Explorers) to interpret. Be warned, there will be no way for the Explorers to tell the difference between your kills and the dinosaurs, so you may be lynched if you act carelessly. Once the Hunter is dead, one random Local will become the new Hunter. When the replacement is dead, there will be no more replacements.

Witch Doctor
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two Dinosaurs attack a person being watched by one Doctor, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not necessarily say who the target was. It does not matter if the Doctor chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Doctor will intercept bombs sent to an Explorer if he's being watched during the night of implantation.

Indiana Jones
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The Indiana Jones gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. These two hits can be made on the same night. Indiana Jones can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

Jinx
While on the Explorer's side, the Jinx is an unlucky sod who has a tendancy to get people around him killed. The Jinx will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be Dinosaur or Explorer (such as a Doctor opting to protect him). The Jinx is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not. The Scientist may find out his role without an issue.

Scientist
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific killing points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you may ask me how many Dinosaurs voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting or you can ask me what role a specific person has (only usable two times). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Librarian
This Explorer loves to read books, such as diaries of other Explorers!
As soon as you are PQed your role, you will be told the name and role of another Explorer. The Explorer I PQ you will be informed his role was told to you, but not who the Librarian is. The person you are told can only be an Explorer, never a dinosaur, so you can completely trust this person.

Local
The Local, unfortunately, gets no night actions or abilities he may use. However, when the Hunter dies, one random Local will become a Hunter. Two Locals will also become Porters after the election.

DINOSAUR ROLES
The Dinosaurs’ win condition is to kill all Explorers. Unlike Explorers, all Dinosaurs know who each other are. A dinosaur cannot kill a fellow Dinosaur

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Like the Captain, the T-Rex has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Footprints: The T-Rex is able to leave footprints near an Explorer of their choosing. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have for the next day and night cycle. A Doctor and Porter. will clean up all footprints. People like the jinx and Indiana may be targetted, but it will not stop them from killing, or having two night lives. You may use this as many times as you want, but once a night, and not on the same person twice in a row.
Avoiding Extinction: The T-Rex can once per game, cancel a Lynch. If he uses that ability during a double Lynch, both Lynches are cancelled.
Fossils: The T-Rex doesn't exist! Of course he doesn't, he's just a bunch of bones, thinking he exists is wreckless and foolhardy! The T-Rex will appear as a regular Local to the Scientist. Also, he can't be killed by the Hunter as long as this power is in effect. (After all, how can you kill a pile of bones? Unless you get a Racoon suit, you're gonna have some issues)
The chase begins: The T-Rex has decided to take actions into his own stubby hands. He's polished his teeth and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but loses all benefits he received from his Fossils power. If the T-Rex is the only Dinosaur left, this power is automatically activated.

Pterosaur
The Pterosaur is flying high. You know what else flies high? Air strikes! The Pterosaur has two night actions.
He may call one air strike a night. He cannot fire an air strike and call one in on the same night. He may also only call one a night, or fire one a night.
Every time he fires an air strike, a clue is left pointing to him. Should the person targetted be killed, he will lose the air strike. The death of that person will mention they were targetted, also giving a clue pointing toward the pterosaur.
Should the Pterosaur be killed, all unfinished air strikes will be fired instantly, killing his targets.
Air strikes will be stopped by Porters and Witch Doctors. The Pterosaur is also able to call in and fire an air strike on the Jinx without dying.

Velociraptors
The Velociraptor is a simple dinosaur. He may place one kill on an Explorer a night, nothing fancy.

SERIAL KILLER:
Cannibal

The cannibal could not careless about who dies or who survives, he is going to eat anyone he sees. Of course, seeing as though he is uneducated, the dinosaurs' beagle pusses will fool the cannibal as well.
The cannibal has the ability to kill one person a night. His win condition is to kill everyone.

Elected posts
Captain:1
First Mate:1

Explorers (19)

Porter:2
Hunter:1
Witch Doctor:2
Indiana Jones:1
Jinx:1
Scientist:1
Librarian:1
Local:10

Dinosaurs (4)
T-Rex:1
Pterosaur:1
Velociraptor:2

Serial Killer(s) (1)
Cannibal:1

List of Players:
1.Kitty17 Velociraptor, Died Night 2
2.Pastel
3.Niccea the Great Deciever
4.Hakoshen the Spartan
5.D_Dude
6.AQua_ng
7.Ozoneocean
8.WAFFMAN!
9.Aghammer
10.ParkerFarker
11.Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing
12.GarBonzo_Bean
13.Bocaj
14.Gullas the Impaler, Local, Died Night 2
15.TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Perma-Pardoner
16.Humorman
17.Product Placement
18.therealtj
19.Gillespie T rex, Died Night 2
20.DarthVaderS1999 Local, Died Night 2
21.Gabe Puratekuta
22.Salsa Velociraptor, Lynched Day 3
23.Killerbob
24.Inuyasha_Rules Librarian, Died Night 1
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
crocty at 1:30PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Night 1 Narrative
Night 2 Narrative

Captain votes, Day 1.
Waff 6
Election poster bonus
Waff
InuYasha_Rules
Gabe Puratekuta
Harkovast
Ozoneocean

Salsa 1
Election poster bonus

Therealtj 7 (First Mate)
Election poster bonus
DarthVaderS1999
Therealtj
Garbonzo bean
Pastel
Bocaj
AQua_ng

Hakoshen 1
Gillespie

TheFlyingGreenMonkey 5
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Election poster bonus
Killerbob
Aghammer
Hakoshen

Product Placement 7 (Captain)
Product Placement
Election Poster Bonus
ParkerFarker
Kitty17
Gullas
D_Dude
Humorman

Niccea 2
Niccea
Election poster bonus

While Harkovast was fighting his Spanish Mongoose Fever, Crocty the Tenacious Bounty Hunter/Scientist/All around awesome guy went out to search for a cure, researching the Spanish Mongoose. While extracting their venom, he accidentally placed some of it in a tea cup when he ran out of test tubes.

Foolishly drinking the venom, he came down with a minor case, now desperate for a cure. The next day Harkovast was awake, telling Crocty he had seen a vision of where to find a cure. Harkovast told him the cure was three types of dinosaur blood, found deep in the jungle of Really far away-ia. Crocty set off immediately, bringing along 16 explorers to help him.

(Harkovast talked of another cure was having a huge inner battle with monkeys and Elvis, but Crocty brushed off this idea as “Pretty gay” )

Unfortunately the dinosaurs saw them coming and perfected their disguises, making them look like regular explorers. Now the explorers will have to find out which team member is a dinosaur that they need to kill, and who they can trust.

In Crocty's state, he is unable to steer the boat, or lead the search, meaning the explorers will have to decide who will be the new captain.

It is up to you all now, run for captain, vote for a captain, not give a rats arse either way. It is up to you!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
kitty17 at 1:31PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
First.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
crocty at 1:38PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Just to clarify in case anyone is confused, when it comes to 12am GMT in 2 and a half hours, it will still be day one. I just wanted to post this early.

It also gives you all extra time to campaign in the most sneaky and dirty way possible. :D
Hakoshen at 1:39PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
First.

Damn.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 1:40PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
I am announcing my candidacy for captain. what-ho, toodle pip and all that.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
harkovast at 1:44PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
I have a plan….
A REALLY cunning plan!
Only run for captain is you are a special role….do not do it if you are a local!
Then when the scientists checks you he will see you have a special role and we will all know you are not a baddie.
Everyone who is a local PLEASE dont run for captain!

Please follow this instruction as it will give us a massive boost over those dirty dino's!
If after this warning any locals run for captain and get lynched, they deserve all they get!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 1:51PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
I am announcing my non-candidacy for captain.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Hakoshen at 2:09PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Since I have all the free time in the world this week, I'm running for Captain. Reasons and pretty pictures to follow later.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
crocty at 2:18PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
I won't bother updating the second post with the voting numbers that often, I'll probably just do it here and there, and update it when it's finished.

Waff 4
Waff
ParkerFarker
InuYasha_Rules
Kitty17

But I will post the vote counts in the thread every now and then. =w= S'much easier.

EDIT: durr, I added a third voter on to Waff's vote count, but didn't update the number 2 to 3.

EDIT: I did the same with the fourth!
DarthVaderS1999 at 3:03PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
When will I get my position? T_T
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
crocty at 3:07PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
DarthVaderS1999
When will I get my position? T_T
D: I PQed eet to you.

Uhh, I guess you can't recieve PQs or something. Hhhnnnnnngggg

Okay okay, I guess I could add it as a comment on your profile, and you delete it when you see it?
waff at 3:07PM, June 12, 2009
(online)

vote for waff
-edit-
if you need convincing *puppy eyes*

Salsa at 3:08PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
I have thrown my hat into the ring and declare my candidacy for captain of this group of intrepid explorers.

I promise to be fair, but firm. I will be a rock of justice and shall bring the blood of dinosaurs our dear crocty needs. I will not lie, some of us may die, but we will prevail!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Hakoshen at 3:13PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Here's MY approach:

Name your bribe and consider it paid.
-Harkovast
crocty at 3:13PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Waff 6
Election poster bonus
Waff
ParkerFarker
InuYasha_Rules
Kitty17
AQua_ng

Salsa 1
Election poster bonus

Voting right now~
DarthVaderS1999 at 3:29PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Yep. And for some reason,I don't get PQs except for those (Insert player here) has added you as a friend! messages. Can you fix that,or are you not a admin?
crocty at 3:39PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
lawl, I can't fix it.

I believe it's when you are under 13, you can't recieve PQs. :o
waff at 3:42PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
is there a admin or mod on vader's side (don't answer)? if so send vader a pq using him or her.

therealtj at 3:46PM, June 12, 2009
(online)

Huzzah! I believe I shall run for this higher office!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
DarthVaderS1999 at 3:55PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
crocty
lawl, I can't fix it.

Well that stinks. WHY DO TEENAGERS GET ALL THE FUN >_<
crocty at 4:00PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Hm, I like that poster, TJ, your compliments to me really persuaded me.
If I weren't the GM, I would vote for you.

Waff 7
Election poster bonus
Waff
ParkerFarker
InuYasha_Rules
Kitty17
AQua_ng
Gabe Puratekuta

Salsa 1 (In the lead for Second Mate)
Election poster bonus

Therealtj 1
Election poster bonus

By the way, TJ and Salsa, you have to PQ me your votes if you wish to vote for yourselves.
DarthVaderS1999 at 4:18PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
therealtj the dinosaur with the gun was hilarious!! Darn almost peed myself XDDDDD

Anyways,I vote for therealtj!!!!
crocty at 4:34PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Well I'd prefer people to send their votes in a PQ, but whatever, I'll accept them in the thread. But if I miss any votes in the thread, do not blame me.

Waff 7
Election poster bonus
Waff
ParkerFarker
InuYasha_Rules
Kitty17
AQua_ng
Gabe Puratekuta

Salsa 1
Election poster bonus

Therealtj 4
Election poster bonus
DarthVaderS1999
Gullas
Therealtj

Hakoshen 1
Gillespie

Uh…I feel like I'm missing someone. If I did, please PQ me…

So it looks like Waff is going to be Captain, and Therealtj will be second mate. But it's early days~
And Moneky still hasn't placed his hat in the arena…
harkovast at 4:35PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
Realtj is making a damn good case!
He said huzzah!
I love when people say that….

He jsut needs one more thing to make me vote for him….

gullas at 4:36PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Realtj is making a damn good case!
He said huzzah!
I love when people say that….

He jsut needs one more thing to make me vote for him….
he'll give you a bribe ;)?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 4:36PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
REMEMBER!
Dont run for captain if you are a local!
If a local runs we have no way of testing if you are a real local or the T-Rex!
Please only run if you have a special role!

harkovast at 4:44PM, June 12, 2009
(online)
Gullas….yeah….bribes always help!

humorman at 5:03PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)

Okay, what should I say?

I've been right about pretty much everything I've said in the past games, so it would be a smart move to vote for me.

Unlike, most of the other players here, I actually come up with plausible strategies in playing this game.

Seriously though, if you want an actually competent leader, vote for me.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Aghammer at 5:08PM, June 12, 2009
(offline)
Admin?? Crocty??? Good God, wouldn't that be scary!!

crocty
lawl, I can't fix it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon