Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XII The Legend of Townstonia
Salsa at 4:11AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)

Hear ye. Hear ye. By Royal decree, the Twelfth Mafia Games are to begin in the near future. Any who wish to participate are to sign their names in this thread.

OK welcome to the Sign up thread for Mafia XII. The roles are below.

Idea
Mafia: The Legend of Townstonia
They say that before the moon had a face, and the wolf learned to howl, there was a village that was ravaged by a battle between a Lord and a Mage of the black. The tale is lost to the murky depths of time, but the battle left scars that remain in the decedents of those that lived.
Roles
YE OLDE VILLAGERS: aka Townies
Mayor=> Lord(1) elected
Witch Hunt: The Lord is able to pick one person to be lynched within an Hour of the first day ending. The Alchemist is unable to switch the person to be lynched with someone else.
In the Name of the King: The Lord's vote is also backed by the King so it holds twice the power(counts twice instead of once).
Blood sport: During the night the Lord can arrange for two combatants to duel to the death. The winner is turned into a pincushion. Each person submits two votes. One for each slot in the execu- I mean games. Note:this is a double lynch, both people die.
Meat sh- I mean My Noble Squires, Defend your Lord!: cannot be attacked or body switched while a squire is alive. This also applies to the Knight
Pardoner=> Knight(1) elected
For My Lady's Favor: Can cancel two lynches during the game. If the Lord has declared a bloodsport and the Knight invokes his Lady's Favor, only one of them will be spared.
Librarian=> Scribe(1) The scribe is told the role of one villager and one villager only.
Detective=> Diviner(1)
Cure the Damned: the diviner can remove two curses during the game. If the power is used on a person who isn't cursed, it is wasted. The diviner can also remove the curse from himself.
Message From the Gods: The diviner can ask what role a person is twice. The diviner can also ask if a person is connected to a crime. He can do only one a day though.
Paranoid=>The Crazy Mage(1)
Booby trapped: The Crazy Mage has his house booby trapped with a mess of magic traps guaranteed to blow the first person to bits that tries to open the door. The Crazy Mage has no idea who they really are due to a few too many magic mishaps.
Veteran=> Tracker(1)
Son, I've fought Dragons!: Due to being awesome and tough, the Tracker must be attacked twice before he can die. Lynchings still take only once though.
Paramedic/Vigilante=> Valkyrie(3)
You Shall Not Pass!: Valkyries can protect one person from one attack at night. they cannot protect each other though.
To Arms: Valkyries can kill one person a night, but not if they're protecting someone
Bodyguard=> Squire(2)These poor saps are your standard MK. I meat shield.
Townie=> serf(who ever is left over) After a hard day's lynching, they're easy pickings, but after a good night's sleep, the torches and pitch forks come out.

The Agents of EVIL: aka Mafia
Godfather=> Black Mage(1)
I Curse Thee: Can curse two people a game, but only one at a time and only at night. The curse takes until the end of the day cycle after the curse was placed to kill it's target. Curses cannot be switched after the night cycle has ended. Curses involve two narratives. Both point to the Black mage, but only the first gives a clue to the victim. The Diviner can remove both curses however.
I was always good at illusions: Appears as a villager and cannot be attacked while in effect. he can still curse people though
I will make your life hell: Appears as the Black Mage and now has the ability to kill directly, but must choose whether to curse or kill in the night.
He's innocent, you can trust me: can cancel on lynch or Bloodsport. Spares everyone in the latter case.
Mad Hatter=> Alchemist(1)
Greek Fire: Can be placed on two people at once, but only one person can be targeted a night. They are activated when A ) the Alchemist chooses, or B ) when the Alchemist dies.
I don't like you: The Alchemist can switch one person with one who is going to be lynched. It can only be used once a game and Only one person will be switched when the Lord invokes a bloodsport and cannot be used on a witch hunt. The Alchemist cannot switch the Knight or the Lord UNLESS both squires are dead.
Mafia=> Orks(2 or 3)wez keel stuf, but only once a night.

sociopaths
Psycho=> Agents of Chaos(2)We will water our new order with your blood. But we can only kill one of you each a night.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night last 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 0:00 GMT then night one begins at 0:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 0:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 23:45 GMT.

If you are not sure about what 0:00 GMT is in your time zone, see the charts below to find out.

Rules:
Inactivity:
If a person has not posted on the thread or voted in a lynching in two days (48 hours real time) they will be taken out of the game at the end of the current cycle. The only exception is if the person lets me know that they will be unable to post or vote ahead of time.

Minors:
If you can't receive PQ's then you can't play. Sorry to be harsh, but this is to make things easier on everybody. This game runs on PQ's, it makes it really hard to make a strategy if you can't get them.

Clues:
Clues will come from profiles, avatars, sigs, comic titles, and the first page of any comics a person has. Clues can be found in basically anything.

Note: I also reserve the right to ban anyone who is acting like a Jackass. Even if you don't know the people playing personally, please show them the same respect you should show you friends. I hate to be a jerk about it, but it isn't as much fun to play when you have a person calling you an idiot all the time.

Oh one last thing, actions and votes are done in the order that they are received. That means that if a Valkyrie places a hit on the Alchemist and then the Alchemist places a Greek Fire spell on someone, then the Alchemist is killed and the bomb is not placed. Same thing for a lynch. If there is a tie, it is the person who hit the number of votes first that dies.

Ok what are you waiting for? Sign up!!

Players:
1. Rokulily
2. Crocty the usual suspect
3. Product Placement
4. therealtj
5. Niccea the great deceiver
6. Inuyasha_Rules
7. GarBonzo Bean
8. Waff-Man
9. kitty17
10.exzachly
11.TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner.
12.Hakoshen the Spartan
13.ParkerFarker
14.Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing.
15.Gullas the impaler
16.Aghammer
17.humorman
18.blergness
19.Anthony Mercer
20.Sea_Cow
21.KillerBob
22.herio
23.D_Dude
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
rokulily at 4:33AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
i'll play again!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Salsa at 4:37AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Ok Rokulily I got you.
RAGE!
crocty at 4:40AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Ooo, the elections are over?

Well, I decided I hate you so much, I won't join! ):<

Haha! No I'm kidding, my hate for you won't stop me joining!

(:3)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Salsa at 4:43AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Ooo, the elections are over?

Well, I decided I hate you so much, I won't join! ):<

Haha! No I'm kidding, my hate for you won't stop me joining!

(:3)
Too bad i signed you u-

oh wait, you said you would join…

well that just put kink in the system.:)
welcome aboard anyway.
RAGE!
Product Placement at 4:51AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
I suppose it's in order for me to join as well. Good luck running this Salsa. A GMs job can be quite hectic.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Salsa at 4:53AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
I can deal with hectic.
BTW I got you signed up.
RAGE!
therealtj at 4:56AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
I say, yon Mexican sauce for the dipping of chips, I shall play your game.

Just getting in to character!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
Salsa at 4:58AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
therealtj
I say, yon Mexican sauce for the dipping of chips, I shall play your game.

Just getting in to character!

Got ya on me list, laddie!
RAGE!
Niccea at 4:59AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
I'm joining up.

The only reason I was late in signing up was that I just got through going through all 48 pages of Crocty's game. There were so many extras for that game, I forgot who submitted them and why. But now I got a long list (5 pages cause I embedded the narratives in it so I would remember to draw them) of the order that the section is going to go up. Expect it to go flying up when FGM is done with Hark's game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Salsa at 5:05AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
I'm joining up.

The only reason I was late in signing up was that I just got through going through all 48 pages of Crocty's game. There were so many extras for that game, I forgot who submitted them and why. But now I got a long list (5 pages cause I embedded the narratives in it so I would remember to draw them) of the order that the section is going to go up. Expect it to go flying up when FGM is done with Hark's game.

I don't envy you in the slightest.
Got your name up.
RAGE!
InuYasha_Rules at 5:19AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
I'm in. Hmmm. That seems too borring. Let me try this, Tahdah!!! Guess what ppl! It's me! I'm here and ready to play! ……. Yeah, you know what, I'm just in.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
therealtj at 5:24AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
I'm in. Hmmm. That seems too borring. Let me try this, Tahdah!!! Guess what ppl! It's me! I'm here and ready to play! ……. Yeah, you know what, I'm just in.

Yonder fool! That is not how thou is to talk in ye olde game of mafia! To the dungeon with thee, knave!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
Salsa at 5:24AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
InuYasha_Rules
What about: Cower ye mangy dogs! InuYasha_Rules has joined the battle and shall feast on yer flesh! >:)
I got ya btw.
RAGE!
Niccea at 6:11AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
*adds ‘Ye Olde’ to the front of the Library sign.* It is so great that the Renaissance Fair is coming to town. (Had to make it fit somehow).
GarBonzo Bean at 6:23AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Sign me up!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Niccea at 6:35AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Tee-hee. Hark and I are the only ones presently dressed for this.
waff at 6:39AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
Niccea
*adds ‘Ye Olde’ to the front of the Library sign.* It is so great that the Renaissance Fair is coming to town. (Had to make it fit somehow).
ok…I'll just find a costume then.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Salsa at 6:42AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
waff
Niccea
Hey Waff, are you signing up?
@GB: Gotcha on tha list lass.
RAGE!
waff at 6:45AM, July 21, 2009
(online)
Salsa
waff
Niccea
I'll need to find a costume (aside:make an appropriate avi) first.
-edit-
ok sign me up with an X ‘cos I got my tin bucket knight’s helmet.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Salsa at 7:20AM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
waff
Salsa
waff
Niccea
I'll need to find a costume (aside:make an appropriate avi) first.
-edit-
ok sign me up with an X ‘cos I got my tin bucket knight’s helmet.
alright i got cha
RAGE!
kitty17 at 12:56PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
I'll join, again.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
crocty at 1:05PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
I was just drawing the perfect avatar for the occasion. But I'm busy with master quest right now so it'll be finished LATER.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Salsa at 1:12PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Got ya Kitty
Oh and the banner is up. If anyone has a better one that'll go up instead.
RAGE!
Exzachly at 1:13PM, July 21, 2009
(online)
Count me in, bubs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Niccea at 1:16PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
Salsa
Got ya Kitty
Oh and the banner is up. If anyone has a better one that'll go up instead.
I can always color yours…
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:17PM, July 21, 2009
(online)
Yep I'm in and I'm running for Lord.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Salsa at 1:22PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
@exzachly and TFGM: I got you two.
@Niccea: go ahead if you want to I don't mind.
RAGE!
therealtj at 1:29PM, July 21, 2009
(online)
crocty
Niccea
I was just drawing the perfect avatar for the occasion. But I'm busy with master quest right now so it'll be finished LATER.
Why draw when you can make a cheap photoshop? :D

humorman at 1:58PM, July 21, 2009
(offline)
I'll play.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon