MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XIII - Heaven or Hell.
Product Placement at 8:54AM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Now, now people. If you expect your side to win, you're gonna have to tell me who you're planing to kill.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Salsa at 9:25AM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
To whoever said that they find it odd that I liken myself to Hitler more so than the Atheist, it is extremely close to a three-way tie in the irony department. I honestly think PP proposely gave me that role :/

On the other hand: w007 we've got some action going on.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Aghammer at 9:44AM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
“You have reached the Hell hotline, we are unable to come to the phone right now, please leave a message and we'll get back with you as soon as possible!”

Product Placement
Now, now people. If you expect your side to win, you're gonna have to tell me who you're planing to kill.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Product Placement at 12:19PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
I also appreciate receiving the actions early. The longer I have to wait tallying the votes/actions, the later I have to start writing up the narration (since I won't know what happens).

That affects the quality and the punctuality.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Ochitsukanai at 1:06PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
There is no reason for the angels to want that scenario or to want to attack the atheists because we only have 3 kills a turn and they know we most likely won't be targeting them.
If we attacked anyone as a bloc, randomization would ensure we'd have a bad time of it thereafter, as I said earlier.

It's also clear from that post that you ARE a threat to the demons, since by your own admission you “won't be targeting” angels. It's extra incentive for demons to attack y'all, simply to minimize casualties; as I said, strategically speaking, it makes little sense for us to attack as a bloc.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 2:55PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Ok. This is gonna be a big narration so I'm starting it now. I've randomized all the actions and all actions that come between now and the next hour will be included but placed last. You can expect a short delay.

If you die and your intended target still lives, it means that you died before you had a chance to act out your turn (or you attacked a protected faction leader).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 3:44PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Could everyone who is a demon and has yet to send in actions please do so!
If you dont do it now, you will probably never do it!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Product Placement at 4:06PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Ok people. Time's up. I'm not accepting any more actions. Please don't bother contacting me, pleading to have your action included because I won't be checking my inbox until I'm done with the narration.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Exzachly at 4:09PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Wow, there must have been a lot of people that didn't send their actions
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 4:27PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
1 or 2 from each side.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
gullas at 4:53PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
*is anxious*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Product Placement at 5:07PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Narration!

The thunderclouds expanded across the sky, darkening the town. The only source of light came from the glowing volcano and the heavenly portal on the opposite side of the battlefield.

It painted the town with an interesting glow. On one side it looked dark and foreboding. As if it was a place where only bad things would happen. On the other side it was bright. Majestic. A symbol of hope.

Scores of armed villagers were forming militias all across the village. Many traveled to the borders of the settlement to oppose the two invading armies. As the crowds started to gather around the town border, an impressive wall formed around the village.

Far sooner then expected the hellish and angelic forces classed in the sky above. Most of the action was obscured by the clouds but the thunders increased its intensity as conflict intensified. The first drop lands on the street. Then the second. Before long a downpour began, drenching the defense force. Their clothes were stained in dark colors as it turns out that the rain consisted mostly of divine blood and black bile.

Massive land armies gathered around the town. Demons and Angels slaughtered each other as they climbed the walls to take the town. Doing their best to halt their advance, the villagers formed lines on the walls. It didn't take long for breaches to form though. There would be fighting on the streets after all.

The Pit Lord was still standing at the volcano mouth, enjoying the full view. Truly this was a carnage that brought joy to his cruel heart. In life he bore a title that surely would be considered ironic if people had known where he'd end up. His time was now. He would take this world and become its God. He had no intention to give it to his superiors. Now was the time for action. Flexing his muscles, he spreads his leathery wings. His impressive wing span improved his intimidation factor allot as he took off into the sky. He would taste angelic flesh before the day was over.

Already inside the field of battle the Archangel cleaved through a screaming beast. A claw from a nearby demon came close to tearing of his face had he not dodged it in time. Before he had a chance to counter, the attacker was killed by another angel that managed to blindside the demon. There was no way he was gonna let a lowly hell spawn get the best of him. The stakes were to high. He had lost a good friend in this conflict and he was gonna exact a proper revenge for that.

To think that just a short while ago, this world was just a quiet void. If somebody had foreseen this fight and proceeded to warn about it, he would have undoubtedly been quickly dismissed. Few individuals can quickly change allot of things for many. Man is indeed an instigator of conflict whether living or dead.

A ruthless demon bites a nearby angel in the neck, tearing out veins and tendons in the progress. As the lifeless corpse drops down, the hungry beast leaps forward to strike the next victim. He loved disfiguring beauty so he preferred to maim instead of killing. He wanted many to survive this fight so that they could weep over their misfortune. As he spotted another angel, he charges ahead and jumps. The angel turns, just in time to impale the Demon with his sword. Enraged the demon claws forward, attempting to wound his foe as the angel rends him in twain.

Hakoshen the Demon is dead!

Keeping a watchful eye on his master the Heavenly agent of Destruction swung his burning sword at all those who dared to come too close. It's righteous flames incinerated many as it came into contact with darkened souls. To his side, he discovers an interesting sight. A demon wielding a Scythe of Despair. It's the second Doomguard! Hitting him would mean a decisive blow against the Demonic forces.

The Doomguard strikes a nearby angel, decapitating him on the spot. Two angels swoop down to attack him but are quickly slain by the terrible beast. His eyes burns with relentless fury as his thirst for blood increases with every kill. “Doomguard!” Shouts a voice above him, prompting him to turn around. At that very moment the Heavenly agent swings down close enough to give him a disabling kick into the face. The blow sends him flying backwards as the angel lands on top of him to finish his reign of terror.

But the angel stops before he can finish. A dark and jagged spike is sticking out of his chest. The spear wielding demon, standing behind him, twists his weapon again and again before pulling it out. The resulting trauma causes the angel to fall backwards as hordes of helldogs rush over to tear him apart.

therealtj the Heavenly agent of destruction is dead!

“Onwards, to the wall!” Speaks the demon with the spear as he notions the Doomguard to follow him. The furious monsters had broken through the wall, creating a breach that allowed the agents of hell to pour through. The villagers did everything in their power to stop them but couldn't contain the flow as more and more beasts disappeared into the side streets, causing untold screams, not far away. Striking his spear into the face of a defending villager, the Demon makes his way into the town. However a Guardian spirit, still standing on a undamaged section of the wall, jumps down and carves up the backside of the monster.

blergness the Demon is dead!

In the town center, a group of rebellious spirits have gathered. They are meditating. In the center of the group sits the Atheist, focusing his mind towards the clouds above. Whenever he senses a being of great importance, he reaches out and snuffs the life spark within it. Without help he would have probably only managed to destroy 1 or 2 of these invaders but his closest allies now fueled his mind with support.

Spotting the ceremony from above, a terrible figure lands right beside them with a loud thud, cracking the tiles around him. Armed with his scythe, the Pit Lord charges the crowd. The attack caught many off guard as they couldn't stand up in time before he slashed through their very essence, feeding the dark hunger of his terrible blade. The Atheist did not stand up. He looked him straight in the eyes with steadfast determination.

“I will place my throne on your bones!” Roared the Pit Fiend as he raised his weapon preparing for a full body swing. Before the weapon made contact, a nearby soul tackles the Pit Lord from his side. Enraged the Demon grabs the soul by the head and crushes her skull, collapsing the face.

rokulily the Rebellious Hitler is dead!

Throwing the limp body to his side, the Pit Lord sneers at the nearby souls. “This will happen to all those who dare to touch me!” A cold shiver runs through him, all of a sudden. Looking back at the Atheist, he notices that he hadn't move from his spot, content on sitting there. His face is clenched as his attention is centered on the demon. “What are you doing?” Asks the Pit Lord as he clenches his fists around his scythe. “Stop what you're doing or I'll ensure that you'll suffer for a millennium!”. The Atheist, does not answer. Sweat drips of his head as his mind reaches the core within the Pit Lord. Reaching for it, the Demon senses as his very being starts to dissipate.

“No!” He screams as he charges the Atheist, swinging his scythe at him.

The weapon drops on the ground. It's wielder, nowhere in sight.

Harkovast the Pit Lord is dead!

His disappearance sends ripples through the dark armies, removing the taint that resided within those he influenced. A final gift that the Atheist bestowed to them was the gift of self control. Their actions were now their own to make.

Those who still stand.

Angels
Ochitsukanai
Kitty17
Sea_Cow
Gullas

Rebellious Spirits.
Anthony Mercer
martinlo_23
herio
Aghammer
Exzachly
GarBonzo Bean
Waff
InuYasha_Rules
humorman
D_Dude
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Turn 8 has begun.

Insider info:
Angels:
Kitty17 attacks Harkovast - failure
Ochitsukanai attacks Hakoshen - success
therealtj attacks Aghammer - failure
gullas attacks rokulily - failure

Demons:
Harkovast attacks rokulily - success
Hakoshen attacks Sea_Cow - failure
aghammer attacks kitty17 - failure
blergness attacks therealtj - success

Rebells:
Waff destroys Harkovast - success
D_Dude attacks blergness - success
Exzachly attacks Hakoshen - failure
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
gullas at 5:26PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
OH SHHHHH-
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Exzachly at 5:33PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Wait… Harkovast has two lives, right? Did someone else attack him?
Product Placement at 5:37PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
The mind crush can kill in one go. I informed all the leaders of this a while ago.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 5:38PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
um, I'm an angel… see my wings and halo??

I figured that the angels would crush those foul-mouthed demons… go team!

Exzachly
Wait… Harkovast has two lives, right? Did someone else attack him?
Product Placement at 5:43PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Hmm… I just had an idea to give the Angels a sporting chance (actually, Aghammer gave me this idea with her last post). Since I said this:
I
His disappearance sends ripples through the dark armies, removing the taint that resided within those he influenced. A final gift that the Atheist bestowed to them was the gift of self control. Their actions were now their own to make.
I decided to interpret in an interesting way.

I'm gonna give all the living ex-Demons a chance to pick a side.

Please PQ me if you want to become a rebellious spirit or an Angel.

P.S. Those who fail to respond will remain rebellious spirits by default.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
InuYasha_Rules at 5:48PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
Ah, good, the demons are gone and we have replenished the ranks! Now then, for all of you spirits and exdemons, the athiest would like you all to send me your choices for the votes. Since the demons are gone, we are obviously going after angels now. Please, send me your choice, and I'll convey it to … the athiest, and … that person shall send in your requests to pp. Why the athiest wants it done this way is beyond me but hey! we did destroy the demons that way now didn't we?

Hmmm, just read pp's last post. JOIN US!!! WE'LL CREATE YOU A NEW WORLD WHERE ALL ARE WELCOME!!! EVEN HUMORMAN IS WELCOME HERE!!! Ok maybe thats not a good incentive but hey, we did choose the correct demon!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ParkerFarker at 5:58PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Salsa
To whoever said that they find it odd that I liken myself to Hitler more so than the Atheist, it is extremely close to a three-way tie in the irony department. I honestly think PP proposely gave me that role :/

it is, in fact, not irony there, just bad luck. Irony would be where you do one thing to stop another, but because you did that one thing, the other happens. Like if you have a wedding scheduled on Wednesday, move it to Thursday because it's supposed to rain on Wednesday. It'd be ironic if it rained on Thursday(day of wedding) and it was a sunny day on Wednesday(day wedding was supposed to be on).

and that was the most bad-assed narrayion I've ever heard. Next game, when I run for GM, I will try my hardest to top that.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Hakoshen at 6:25PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
Well. We certainly got shafted there.

*The Christian in me is satisfied, but the competitor in me is FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 6:29PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
and that was the most bad-assed narrayion I've ever heard.
^^

Thank you. I was going for bad ass.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Exzachly at 6:58PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
I agree. Epic doesn't even begin to describe it. Nice one!
therealtj at 7:39PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ParkerFarker
and that was the most bad-assed narrayion I've ever heard.
^^

Thank you. I was going for bad ass.
I must say… I'm surprisingly not as saddened by my death as I thought I'd be.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Ochitsukanai at 8:09PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Product Placement

Angels get killing roles, right…? So, I'd say angelhood is much more thrilling! <3

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 2:09AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Angels get killing roles, right…? So, I'd say angelhood is much more thrilling! <3
That's right. Angels get kill roles.

Rebellious spirits get to vote to kill someone.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:22AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Wait do we vote now? Do we vote while the Angels send in their actions? Sorry but with all my new classes I'm easily confused right now. CURSE YOU JAPN2!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Anthony Mercer at 3:57AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Damn, wish I'd sent in my action now, but I wasn't online. Anyway, at least the Angels aren't gonna win either. And I'm an atheist in real life…

Also, I'm as confused as TFGM. What are we doing now?
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Product Placement at 4:11AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Anthony Mercer
Also, I'm as confused as TFGM. What are we doing now?
The same thing we do every night.

Fight is still on. Players are required to send in their votes/actions for the night.

Also, the ex-demons can PQ me if they want to become angels or not. I'll update the members list later today.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 4:50AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
You all voted for me?
Ooooh thats cold!
Thats the first time I've ever been voted off one of these things!

But I'll be back…….

(next game, obviously!)

And a message to all my demon minions- yeah, I was the real leader, we just pretended it was Hakoshen in case of a security breach. Yes, the forces of evil lied to their followers….dont act surprised!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Aghammer at 5:16AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
True, on the other hand the angels didn't exactly recruit us, huh? :D

Edit: Who are we voting for today?

Ochitsukanai
Product Placement

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon