Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XV - "Now with GUNS!"
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:18PM, Sept. 9, 2009
(online)
Welcome one and all to “Mafia XV Topsy Turvy”! For you who have played mafia before prepair for a fast pace game you've never experience before! For those of you who havn't played before, you've come in at the perfect time! No matter the role you get to kill things :D

For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Okay that was regular mafia. This is mafia on crack! A mistake at the post office has givin the townies a shipment of guns ment for the mafia and a shipment of first aid kits, child's detective kit, surival guides and a batman mask to the mafia.This gives every townie a killing power and gives all the mafia a townie power.

Post here if you're interested in signing up. The actual rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will not notify you of this. This is different from other games. But with so many killers I'm changing it. No clues will be left for you. But there will be a nar showing that someone else tried to kill the target.

7. Guns are not a lie.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

Townie Roles
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias and the serial poster worker.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, he protects the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed via mafia or vigilante hit.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, but that was before you had a GUN!. So now that you have one, you have the ability to kill twice per night. whoever you so choose. Each kill attempt will leave a clue that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. You also have the ablity to kill once per night.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. You also have the ablity to kill once per night.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not. You also have the ablity to kill once per night.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has((twice only)), or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting((twice only)). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You also have the ability to kill once per night.

Townie
Townies are tired of being the red shirts! Now that you have guns you can kill once per night!

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

At the start of the game each mafia will be assigned one additional townie power at random. One will get the vet power, one will get the detective power, one will get the vig power and one will get the medic power.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a regular townie to the detective. Also, he can't be killed by the vigilante as long as this power is in effect.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

Serial Poster worker
You can kill one person every night cycle and have the ability to remove one player additional power once per night((This can't affect anyone protected by bodyguards and this power will give clues to who you are.)). Your win condition is to be the last one standing.

For every three extra players over 20 I'll add another Serial Poster worker.

Schedule: I'll stop accepting all actions/votes after 11:00 PM GMT and narratives will be givin out at 12:00 AM GMT.

Narratives will be based off avi's, sig's, profiles, comic icons, comic names and the first five pages of comics.

Narratives differculty will be based on the number of times clues are givin from the same person, not days. So a first time offender will have less clues/ less obvious clues than a secound offender.

Sign-up List(Join Now!)

1.ParkerFarker
2.D_Dude
3.gullas the Impaler.
4.Anthony Mercer
5.crocty the Usual Suspect.
6.Niccea the Great Deceiver and keeper of records.
7.Aghammer the Explosive.
8.kitty17
9.Inuyasha
10.Waffman
11.Product Placement the something?
12.GarBonzo Bean
13.Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing.
14.rokulily
15.Salsa
16.therealtj
17.Hakoshen
18.Exzachly

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
ParkerFarker at 12:29AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
Consider myself… JOINED!

… even though my game was gonna be cooliosos

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
D_Dude at 12:58AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
I'll join
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
gullas at 1:33AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
no matter the role, I'll always become Batman ^_^ I'm so in!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Anthony Mercer at 2:55AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
Sign me up, please!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
crocty at 4:34AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
I will sign up to the game allocated to this thread.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Niccea at 5:28AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
Joining.

Also, don't forget to vote for you favorite narrative for Mafia XIV. It is located here.

I will be closing the polls at the start of TGFM's game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Aghammer at 6:15AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
Stop nagging woman!! (just kidding… I've already voted! :))

~~~~

I'm in… and, just for the record, I'm still not a girl ;)

~~~~

Everyone please drop by the gun shop and pick up your free gun and box of bullets (Salsa, I have your incendiaary rounds ready).

Niccea
Joining.

Also, don't forget to vote for you favorite narrative for Mafia XIV. It is located here.

I will be closing the polls at the start of TGFM's game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Product Placement at 6:59AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
Wait. I'm confused already. You said that the mafia now has the townie roles. Does that mean we now have a detective mafia, paramedic mafia and so on and the townies have no roles, apart from being allowed to kill?

Why would the mafia use those powers?

Also, would the paramedic be allowed to kill and protect in the same night (same question applies to all roles with alternative powers)?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
kitty17 at 7:48AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
I'm in.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:08AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Wait. I'm confused already. You said that the mafia now has the townie roles. Does that mean we now have a detective mafia, paramedic mafia and so on and the townies have no roles, apart from being allowed to kill?

Why would the mafia use those powers?

Also, would the paramedic be allowed to kill and protect in the same night (same question applies to all roles with alternative powers)?

Good questions PP. I stated in the GM election poll that the townies get an addictional kill power along with their role power and the mafia will get one det power, one vet power, one medic power and one vig power in addition to what ever they already have. After I assign the mafia positions I will randomly give each member one of those powers.

Mafia vet gets an extra life((very useful)), Mafia Medic gets to protect another mafia((very useful)), mafia vig gets too kill twice a night((very fun)), mafia det gets to examine roles(twice) and gets to see if a clue points to someone((kinda useful)). ;D

As for if a player can use both the added on power and their original power, the answer is yes. So a medic could kill someone and then protect another/ or the same person. And a vig could kill two different people a night or target the same person twice. This goes the same with the mafia.

This will probably make the game go by fast so expect the next GM election soon X3

Niccea at 8:18AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer

These ought to help:

And just because I don't think the cat is mafia:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
InuYasha_Rules at 10:24AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer

Mayber if you changed your avi…?

And I'm in!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
waff at 10:40AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
I'm in…:evil:

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Product Placement at 10:56AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Answers
With that cleared up, I'm signing myself up.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
GarBonzo Bean at 1:23PM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
This game has to have a banana accusing everyone of being mafia! JOINED!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
InuYasha_Rules at 1:47PM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
GarBonzo Bean

Sorry, but Hark has the position of “Acusator” filled already. Maybe you can fill in for him when he's not around. You'd have to talk to him first though, lol!

Aghammer at 2:58PM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
HAHA.. awesome and yes, the cat is mafia!

Niccea
Aghammer

These ought to help:

And just because I don't think the cat is mafia:

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
rokulily at 5:18PM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
I'm in!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:00PM, Sept. 10, 2009
(online)
rokulily
I'm in!
Kay got ya.

gullas at 2:22AM, Sept. 11, 2009
(offline)
GarBonzo Bean

NOOOOOOoooo… were is good ol' Harkovast when you need somebody to accuse everyone? There is no one better then the patron saint of finger pointing ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Salsa at 8:45AM, Sept. 11, 2009
(offline)
* sound of a 40mm vulcan spinning up *

sign me up.

Edit: PP's Title is the Berserker.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 11:06AM, Sept. 11, 2009
(online)
It is?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
therealtj at 3:16PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(online)
Sounds nifty! Of course I wish to play.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Salsa at 4:58PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
It is?
Either that or the Viking.
I can't remember.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:17PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(online)
Okay I got both of you.

harkovast at 5:36PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(online)
Get waff to play!
Then I can kill him!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Product Placement at 5:52PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(online)
He's already here Hark.

He was waiting for you.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
InuYasha_Rules at 9:47PM, Sept. 11, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
He's already here Hark.

He was waiting for you.

EEEK!!! 0.0 Runaway ppl! …Wait a minute, we all have guns, KILL HIM!!! Oh wait, we haven't been given the roals yet,…RUNAWAY PPL!!!

ParkerFarker at 3:44AM, Sept. 12, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
Product Placement
He's already here Hark.

He was waiting for you.

EEEK!!! 0.0 Runaway ppl! …Wait a minute, we all have guns, KILL HIM!!! Oh wait, we haven't been given the roals yet,…RUNAWAY PPL!!!

well, we pretty much already know we have guns. Except for the Mad Hatter… unless he gets the vigilante stuff.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon