Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XVI: District Townston
ParkerFarker at 1:16AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Mafia XVI: District Townston

Townston was having an unusually quiet few weeks. It seems that the mafia had left their cocaine dealings in Townston and gone to Miami. The only interesting occurrence had been the strange influx of new people… and with it a crime wave. As the day went on, gunfire could be heard in Main Street. Two rival gangs were battling it out. The Crips and The Bloods.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night lasts 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 0:00 GMT then night one begins at 0:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 0:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 23:00 GMT

The Drunk Duck mafia might seem like it has a lot of rules, but it is quite easy once you actually play. Just give it go, and you’ll understand it in no time.

So, for those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Rules:

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to whom killed who.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Gang Member sends in a kill for the Police Officer. Police Officer later sends in a kill for Molotov Maker. Police Officer will die before he can make the kill.)

NEW RULE 6. (excluding Police Officer) If your hit is preempted by the other gang (ie, an enemy gang member kills your target before you do) A gang stand-off will result. This means that one or both gang members could die. Each member will have a 20% chance of dying.

Roles:

Townston:
In order for the good people of Tonston to win, both gangs must be completely dead.

Mayor: Elected
-Mayoral Importance: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
-Twice as Nice: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
-Secret Service: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
-Celebratory Killing: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place.

Pardoner: Elected
You can pardon two lynches. Two single lynches or one double. You are also protected by the mayor's bodyguards, but if one dies, you are defenseless.

Bodyguard:
Two Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a gang member, local, or special role, he can only be a regular immigrant. The Bodyguards protect the mayor and pardoner BUT If one bodyguard is killed, the mayor takes priority and the pardoner will become defenseless. If both bodyguards are killed, then the mayor will become defenseless.

Police Officer: (Vigilante)
You have been commissioned by the mayor (although strangely he doesn't know who you are)to take out the gangs fighting in the streets of Townston. You have the ability to kill once every night. each time you kill a clue is left pointing to you. Although during the third day, one of the gang members reveals your identity to the town, better hope those paramedics aren't inactive.

Paramedic:
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Walt Kawalsky: (He's Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. It seemed appropriate): (Veteran)
You have lived in this town since the ‘50s, back in the days when Townston was not corrupted by the mafia and gangs. You also fought in the Korean War so it’ll take more than one hit to kill you. You have to be targetted twice to be killed.

Detective:
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Ex-Gang Member: (Paranoid)
You used to be part of the West Side Gang, but you traded that life in and became a good person. Even though no one knows this, your paranoid that the one of the gangs will find out and kill you. Anyone who targets you (be it Paramedic, Police Officer, Gang Member) you will kill.

Immigrant: (Townie)
You have immigrated into Townston.

GANGS:
in order to win, a gang must have killed the rival gang and the entire town.

There is the Blood Gang and the Crips Gang, each gang has the following:

The Boss:
Being the head of your gang, you can do a lot of things. If you choose to, you can attack a player every night. You can only be killed in a lynch or by the rival boss.
-Drive-bys: This has the same effect as the horsehead. The Boss can target a player with a drive-by, only once in the game, and said player will lose her/his special abilities for the following day and night.
-Rain on their Parade: The Boss can cancel a lynch once in the game. If it is a double lynch, Both lynches are canceled.
-Beagle Puss Glasses: The Boss will appear, to the detective, an immigrant.
-Protective Goons: The Boss cannot be killed by the Police Officer or rival Gang Members unless all of his/her gang members have been killed. If the Police Officer or rival Gang member does attack, s/he will die.

Molotov Maker:
Each night you can plant a bomb on someone or detonate an excisting bomb. You can plant only two bombs at once.

Gang Member:
You have come to Townston with your gang. Each night you can kill one player.

1. Product Placement
2. Gullas the Impaler
3. Rokulily
4. Niccea the Great Deceiver and keeper of records
5. Salsa the Luckless
6. Waff-Man!
7. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
8. harkovast The patron Saint of Finger-Pointing
9. Kitty17
10. Anthony Mercer
11.Crocty the Usual Suspect
12. GarBonzo Bean
13.Aghammer the Explosive
14.Pastel The Mass Murderer
15.Hakoshen The Spartan
16.Randomdudeperson
17. Killerbob
18.D_Dude

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Product Placement at 2:43AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Ooh! First post. That's a first for me.

I'm in.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
gullas at 2:47AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
well in a gang infested Townston, somebody is bound to take the responsibility as the butcher.

You guys really don't want another buthcer do ya? *Starts sharpening his meat cleaver* so naturally I'm in…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
rokulily at 6:28AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
hahaha! this reminds me of last halloween where there was a gang scare and i still walked 2 miles in costume alone around town at 2am. I'm in!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Niccea at 6:36AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
WHY AM I ALWAYS LATE IN FINDING THESE!

I'm upset cause I'm online 24-7.

But yeah I will give it a shot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
ParkerFarker at 6:49AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
*ahem ahem* I was first in the last two sign up threads… Que smugness!

And Roku, that didn't really sound like the smartest idea… But you are still alive…

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Salsa at 7:29AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
* finishes installing a laser cannon in his truck * I'm in.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Niccea at 7:53AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Also, I would like to ask early if there are any volunteers to take on this term. I can draw it if no one else takes it up, but I want to make sure that people are considering it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
waff at 8:31AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
*appears* I'm in dood.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:40AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
I'm in!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
harkovast at 9:40AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
I am in up to my armpits!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
kitty17 at 9:58AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
I'm in.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Anthony Mercer at 11:23AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
harkovast
I am in up to my ears!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
crocty at 12:02PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Pssh! After posting I realised how little sense my post made.

…Sign me up >_>
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Salsa at 12:32PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Also, I would like to ask early if there are any volunteers to take on this term. I can draw it if no one else takes it up, but I want to make sure that people are considering it.

I guess I'll do it.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
waff at 1:08PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
harkovast
In what?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
GarBonzo Bean at 1:59PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
IN!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:00PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
waff
harkovast
In what?
In Harkovast. What else is there?

Aghammer at 2:25PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Um, no comment. I guess I'm in too :D I fully expect to die the first night but whatevers!

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
waff
harkovast
In what?
In Harkovast. What else is there?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
harkovast at 2:26PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
I wish there was another forum game, seperate to this one with an entirely seperate pool of players, which I could join and troll for more readers.

Aghammer at 2:54PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Okay, we can pretend that we are all new here and STOP reading Harkovast. After a couple of months of begging we can start reading it with comments like “this is AWESOME man, why didn't I know about this comic sooner” and “WOW, what great color work… you should be nominated for the next DD awards for sure dude”. Or, “Almost a perfect anthro comic… if only there was bears or zombies!”

HAHA… ha, I crack myself up.

Oh, and there is only one REAL way to play magic (you infidel!)!!

harkovast
I wish there was another forum game, seperate to this one with an entirely seperate pool of players, which I could join and troll for more readers.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
pastel at 4:41PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Hello hello hello!

I'm in.
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
harkovast at 4:44PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Aghammer you can cling to your aurthodox magic rules set, but next time you only draw one land all game, dont come crying to me! (Or do, that would be funny!)

Though this concept of all pretending you dont read my comic intreages me. The only probably would be, my primadonna ego could not handle even PRETENDING to not like Harkovast from anyone!

Don't let Zaymac here any talk about that anthro award, he is the pretender to my furry king throne and I don't want to provoke his bear rage!

harkovast at 4:47PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
By the way, joking to one side for a moments, thanks to everyone here who actually does read my comic! A lot of my best fans are on the mafia game, so thanks for your support, it really does mean a great deal to me.

(I hope I get to be in the Bloods….I should redo my avatar with a red bandanna…)

Hakoshen at 5:40PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Oh, count me in.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Randomdudeperson at 6:49PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Niccea
WHY AM I ALWAYS LATE IN FINDING THESE!

I'm upset cause I'm online 24-7.

But yeah I will give it a shot.

Dont worry, I couldn't even find it until you posted it on the other forum! :p

@ Pastel: Hi there! Hi there! Hi there! lol (I'm InuYasha_Rules btw. I decided to change my profile recently)

@ Hark: Don't worry, Id never be able to stop reading your comic, it's like I'm addicted or something! Seriously, whenever theres an update, I get all hyped up dude! lol

@ Parker Farker: I'm in. WHY ELSE WOULD I BE POSTING HERE!!! HAHA!

@ Everybody: Hark got confused about pp's and my new pics. He said it would be really funny if I held a for sale sign also. But since I don't own a camera for such a purpose, I figured I could simply draw it instead! ^.^
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Product Placement at 8:10PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson
@ Everybody: Hark got confused about pp's and my new pics. He said it would be really funny if I held a for sale sign also. But since I don't own a camera for such a purpose, I figured I could simply draw it instead! ^.^
HEY!

I knew I should have copy righted that avatar.

If only the picture was originally mine.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:04PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Aghammer you can cling to your aurthodox magic rules set, but next time you only draw one land all game, dont come crying to me! (Or do, that would be funny!)
Dude your deck's land to nonland ratio is off if this is what happens. I'd say it was a trap but those don't come out until the next set.

Also Ag I'll die first night. I mean I have the most enimies in these. Your just the guy everyone likes. Which is either awesome or somekind of devious plot to lure us into not suspecting you! O.O

Randomdudeperson at 10:14PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
HEY!

:p Don't worry, I'll change it after the game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Hakoshen at 10:52PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
Randomdudeperson
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
HEY!

:p Don't worry, I'll change it after the game.

Yeah, me too.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon